Armor not protecting

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord of Banners

Sergeant at Arms
So I start a new game per patch. I cheat to help speed things along. In 1.4.3 armor was actually protecting me pretty well and arena battles were easy. Now it’s like it does nothing. Anyone else notice this?

More damage will get through ( I guess....) with weak blunt weapons against more armor, then weak(tournament) cut weapons.
Anyways I disagree, it's much more annoying to do tournaments with default starting gear then after more armor. It's all upside fro you to get in more damage against lords and high tier units in the arena.

However in general armor's reduction to damage is pretty *****y and it's something I hope is investigated and changed.

Also, if you cheated in gear why are you doing arena? Special horses?

Arenas now do blunt Damage, and Blunt Damage mitigates most armor. It was to balance it out, so you have an easier time, and its not as armor dependant.

More "Fair" that way. So everyone only takes 2-3 hits. I find it took fun out of the game by making it easier, but Im probably in the minority for that.

Armor works in real life, why does it not work in Bannerlord :meh:

Plate_Mail.gif
gGf8qY.gif
ShorttermPhysicalGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif
VengefulShimmeringDorado-max-1mb.gif
SJaTpN.gif
tenor.gif
8SSx.gif

ex1ar3_orig.gif
fDE3P0o.gif
NecessaryCanineButterfly-size_restricted.gif
FilthyBossyBactrian-size_restricted.gif

Armor works in real life, why does it not work in Bannerlord :meh:

Plate_Mail.gif
gGf8qY.gif
ShorttermPhysicalGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif
VengefulShimmeringDorado-max-1mb.gif
SJaTpN.gif
tenor.gif
8SSx.gif

ex1ar3_orig.gif
fDE3P0o.gif
NecessaryCanineButterfly-size_restricted.gif
FilthyBossyBactrian-size_restricted.gif
Because...repeat something enough and people will start to believe it and it becomes gospel. There is now heavy debate about arrow vs armor and cav vs infantry. All because people decided to repeat what they read online.

Because...repeat something enough and people will start to believe it and it becomes gospel. There is now heavy debate about arrow vs armor and cav vs infantry. All because people decided to repeat what they read online.
Exactly, like how people think arrows should take down knights "because Crecy" (or rather the 20th century popular portrayal of the battle).

Armor is one the very annoying things in vanilla. The reason people wore armor is because it worked. In bannerlord, it has the effect of wet tissue.

Exactly, like how people think arrows should take down knights "because Crecy" (or rather the 20th century popular portrayal of the battle).

Armor is one the very annoying things in vanilla. The reason people wore armor is because it worked. In bannerlord, it has the effect of wet tissue.
I agree that armor should be better, but it needs some limitations. It was common for melees between knights to turn into wrestling matches with daggers and Bannerlord doesnt have a wrestling mechanic.

I agree that armor should be better, but it needs some limitations. It was common for melees between knights to turn into wrestling matches with daggers and Bannerlord doesnt have a wrestling mechanic.
Bannerlord also doesn't have a stamina mechanic, which means knights can gallop all battle, where in reality this was done only on the final part of the charge.

TBH I did't expect armors to be as effective as real life as it's still a game.

BUT in bannerlord you with HIGHEST tier armor keep being interrupted by Rogue's stones are unacceptable even for gameplay wise.

Back to warband, rogue cannot even hurt you with club and stones once you are well armored, while in bannerlord, one hammer from a rogue and you lose 40 HP with 50+ armor, leave alone how hard it is to access high tier armors in bannerlord due to it's genius item price balance.

TBH I did't expect armors to be as effective as real life as it's still a game.

BUT in bannerlord you with HIGHEST tier armor keep being interrupted by Rogue's stones are unacceptable even for gameplay wise.

Back to warband, rogue cannot even hurt you with club and stones once you are well armored, while in bannerlord, one hammer from a rogue and you lose 40 HP with 50+ armor, leave alone how hard it is to access high tier armors in bannerlord due to it's genius item price balance.
It's really annoying. Whats worse is the speed bonus damage you take when riding towards arrows or into weak side arms.
It needs some investigation and adjustment for sure, just for gameplay's sake.

Back
Top Bottom