Resolved Armies respawn one troop at a time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant
In battles where I severely outnumber the opponent the reinforcements for the enemy spawn pathetically. Here's an example...I just engaged Raganvad. He was crawling along with 18 troops and 10 prisoners, so he was exceedingly slow. Easy kill. We have over 900. The battle starts with 6 enemies. We kill those, then 2 spawn. When they are killed, 2 more spawn. After that the next 8 respawns are 1 enemy each and they always wait to spawn until a few seconds after I killed the last troop. So my army stands around, then gets excited while we surround 1 troop. 8 times in a row.

I understand that if the enemy has 100 troops and you have 900, you don't want to start with 150 to their 100. But after a certain point doesn't it just make sense to have the bulk of, or all of, the enemy troops spawn at once? I mean if I have 150 on the field, let them at least spawn 10% of what I have if they are able. The above battle should have spawned maybe 15 troops at first, then the remaining 3. If they had 100 troops & I can have 150 on the field at once, maybe have them spawn 40-50, then maybe 75% of that amount, then maybe the rest. I know a lot of people auto-battle these types of battles, but I like t control my character to get the most experience and the greatest level-up/perk xp points. This is the only game I've noticed this and I believe its a bug exclusive to 1.8.0. You shouldn't need me to send a save. Use any 1.8.0 save you have on file and start a battle where the enemy is significantly outnumbered. This is an issue for both field battles and castle/town sieges.

I'll also mention that if the respawned enemies are not respawned right next to my troops, a lot of times my troops stand around and don't even try to engage them. I think this is because of the 2-3 second delay between when the last troop died and the new troop(s) respawned. I have to F1/F3 and tell my troops to charge (again). The respawn should occur before the last enemy troop f the previous spawn has been defeated.

Pretty sure the problem of one troop at a time is resolved. I think the respawn itself is still a bit delayed at times, but its a lot better than it was. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom