Armies not carrying food ?

Users who are viewing this thread

HI there,

So this morning I was playing the game and the faction that I joined had just declared a war so I strolled over to the faction leader and joined her army. I quikly noticed that noone had any food and they were basicly eating up all my food. I had about a month of food on me at the time so I dident care to much but we started to siege a city and aside from the fact that the army never actually started the siege dispite building ALOT of artillary pieces we completly ran out of food. So I ran off to get some food and in the background saw the entire army break up into seperate units.

Later on I joined another army and the same thing happened. And then another time, and this time the group disbanded because it lacked coherency or something. The 4th time I joined an army they did have food and manage to siege a city with a whopping 42 people guarding it....

Im not quite sure what causes this but its a massive problem. I think that 4th time we had a newly joined lord who still had food or something because the other 3 times noone had any.

I've experienced similar, whenever I have joined an army, I am usually forced to share my food with starving soldiers either immediately or at best after 2-5 days. Seems like the army ought to by some food from local friendly villages, rather than try to find new targets.

I no longer join armies until I see them doing something anymore because of how incredibly draining it is to feed all the starving armies. I'm certain something is wrong here considering it happens all the time and it is a massive resource sink. One second you've got hundreds of food items on deck, look away for 20 seconds and your army is slaughtering all your animals for food. Yeehaw

So to expand on this. They aren't missing food. I've discovered that Your food is zeroed out. Example: I had ~400 food pre patch. After patch I have zero. I tried to sell food back then repurchase it to try a reset. My food stayed at zero but I noticed my Army's food went to negative ~300. Bought back my food. Everything zeroed out. Rode to the nearest village. Food went up from there.

Same for Horses as well. Horse carrying capacity was zeroed, any sold horses still reduced carrying capacity. New horses increased

So to expand on this. They aren't missing food. I've discovered that Your food is zeroed out. Example: I had ~400 food pre patch. After patch I have zero. I tried to sell food back then repurchase it to try a reset. My food stayed at zero but I noticed my Army's food went to negative ~300. Bought back my food. Everything zeroed out. Rode to the nearest village. Food went up from there.
I think that's a different problem. I read about your problem too but armies not buying food was there before the patch.

The whole food system is quite bugged right now, nor do the armies manage their food properly nor do settlements have enough food stocks. Funnily enough, when overing the mouse over the food icon while siegeing a settlement, the appearing labbel is something like "TODO_FOODTIP" or something, a bit of a David Goodenough there.

They might also be carring livestock, wich I think isn't added to the amount of food they have, or every army on campaign is an army on horse meat, idk.

It's literally saying "you give food to starving soldiers in the army" though? I think this is a different issue. I think I got some influence for doing it.

wolfwood, food issue was resolved with the load, exit, reload save thing. As far as giving food to armies, if your army companions have no food, the entire army eats off of your food, not just your party. You earn something but i'm not sure what. Mine says "fed starving army. Earned 0.66. Earned 0.66. Earned 0.66." Idk 0.66 of what I'm earning... but considering I've got 3M in cash and another 400K in assets as well as 40k influence. I don't care anymore lol

Back
Top Bottom