Armenian Genocide (?)

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 208 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 129 38.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The first country to officially recognize the Armenian Genocide was Uruguay.
Speaking of acknowledging the genocide: it was already described by English, US and German media - among others - back in 1915-1918 when it was taking place (notice the German allies describing it).
This new fad where an event is 'recognised' is a political game. It's just as silly as a state recognising the Thirty Years War.
To historians the genocide has been there since the beginning.

Nah, some random internet Turks* say it didn't happen, so clearly it didn't happen

*no offense intended to the random internet Turks who do not deny this historical fact, nobody blames you for things done a hundred years ago, don't worry!

Me, when the President of Turkey calls for a cooperation of nations multiple times to analyze archives but Armenia and the West do not move a single muscle apart from to say "Armenian Genocide Happened":

Like without any authentic sources, imma use logic here: Even if Turkey or Armenia would want to cheat here, I am pretty certain that professionals from other countries could make sure of the authenticity of the documents presented by said countries archives.
Like this can't be so hard, can it? If the Armenian "genocide" was absolutely certain before, why did other countries just adopt recently a clause, aknowledging the fact that it was indeed a "genocide", if not for political reasons to corner the current Turkish regime? If other countries start trying to bully you when you actually become stronger, than you know it is fake. The West does not like Turkey. I bet it was not useful to them before and not worth their time working on a fictional "genocide".
There is footage of Turks being killed and (BBC) deported in Cyprus and at least (BBC) deported from Bulgaria, but who cares, right? Those are nothing. I am not doing whataboutism here. You just need to stop shoving your Western bull**** in our faces. In world politics, self-interested and lying is common place (- and yes, it could even be your country who is bad. Shockers.)

Shut up. A bunch of Western nations recently adopted such stances because Erdogan is being a scum**** and using your country's geographic position to threaten other countries with refugee floods and suck up to Russia. No one mentioned it before for the same reason no one mentions their drunk uncle's 20 year jail sentence at the Christmas party; it's usually not worth breaking the peace and having an idiot ******* yelling at everybody, except this year the uncle was pregaming and showed up being an ******* so there was no reason not to bring it up. I think I'll just start using quotation marks to signify truths I don't like. Like how "Turkey" is embracing a dictator. Or how "Istanbul" isn't an attractive tourist destination when it's populated by smarmy brainwashed racists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pesky Turks..
Me, when the President of Turkey calls for help from EU and NATO at the same time unleashing thousands of refugees onto Greek borders as well as continuing the illegitimate invasion of Syria. The reason? - He want legitimacy for his political agenda in his own country. You'd be naive if you think words mean more than action. Fact is the action that was taken by the Turkish regime was to make it illegal to agree to the atrocities against Armenians. Input the saying; ''action speaks louder than words'' here.
I think you should search your own history
(And never post like this, these posts pollute the forum)

Last edited:
I think you should search your own history
(And never post like this, these posts pollute the forum)
Yes, I have been able to search my countries' own history. History being the key word. Whatever bad stuff my country has done lies in the past, it's been recognised and dealt with, unlike Turkeys incapability to recognise it's own bad history, and current misbehavior.

Yes, I have been able to search my countries' own history. History being the key word. Whatever bad stuff my country has done lies in the past, it's been recognised and dealt with, unlike Turkeys incapability to recognise it's own bad history, and current misbehavior.
Yes maybe Turkey was doing bad things, but why
the only people in Turkey (and Germany) Did he make the bad things?

Wait there is actually people who believe the Armenain Genocide did't happen? That is like saying that the US did't genocide the Native Americans and other examples, but why do people deny historical events that have clearly happened?

Wait there is actually people who believe the Armenain Genocide did't happen? That is like saying that the US did't genocide the Native Americans and other examples, but why do people deny historical events that have clearly happened?
Pride, prejudice and propaganda;

Many turks are simply to proud too admit any wrong with their history and will often present a biased version of history. You may find turks who, even today, believe that their state is the heir of the Roman Empire through past conquests. This pride actually hides a great shame since the turkish people are very aware of their bad reputation.

Many turks, especially in their early history, have had a strong prejudice against the peoples of other ethnicity and religion. Racism towards armenians is still a fact of life in modern turkish culture. The armenians are often blamed for the failings of the turkish people.

The turkish state actively alters the history books as well as evidence of the genocide. It is against the law to acknowledge a genocide took place. The turkish people is thus being mislead about the truth of the matter.

All of those fuel each other and reinforce the belief that no genocide happened. At best, they may be telling you there was a great massacre or that there was a civil war and that there were also ottoman casualties and the armenians saw it coming for attacking the ottomans.

Last edited:
Pride, prejudice and propaganda;

Many turks, especially in their early history, have had a strong prejudice against the peoples of other ethnicity and religion. Racism towards armenians is still a fact of life in modern turkish culture. The armenians are often blamed for the failings of the turkish people.

The turkish state actively alters the history books as well as evidence of the genocide. It is against the law to acknowledge a genocide took place. The turkish people is thus being mislead about the truth of the matter.

All of those fuel each other and reinforce the belief that no genocide happened. At best, they may be telling you there was a great massacre or that there was a civil war which and that there were also ottoman casualties and the armenians saw it coming for attacking the ottomans.

You are partly mistaken. Yes Many Turks were prejudiced against other religions and ethnicities. But they were the lesser evil. Enemies of Ottoman Empire were much more inclined to hate - kill - torture the "other". Ottoman Empire, even with their made up Sunni religion (with only political basis), were an example about how to rule a huge empire with different religions and ethnicities.

And no. We do not alter history books. Our history books talked about the deportation of some of the Armenians from warzones and history teachers talked about how in the future Turkey will be accused of genocide because of this.

During the clashes between Armenians and Turks, more Turks died because Armenians were armed by Russians and French. Actually armed Armenian gangs killed more Armenian civilians than Turkish civilians killed Armenian civilians because not all Armenian civilians agreed to take arms against Ottoman Empire.

When your enemies play dirty, you have to play dirty too.

Last edited:
Yeah you guys alter history books, almost every single student studying from abroad here from Turkey has some messed-up version of the Armenian Genocide foisted on them evidently from a very young age, saying most of the absolute garbage where the ethnic cleansing of a minority population is somehow militarily justified.

On a related note, I'm loving the recent "Blue Homeland" propaganda which celebrates 500-year-old non-victories to justify a policy of aggression to countries with which Turkey is nominally allied. Truly the scumbag of NATO, I hope that membership gets revoked shortly.

"If you think different than majority you are wrong." Pretty sounding argument you got there.

Even the recent events showed how this sort of propaganda can get attention to many while reality is different than most people perceive, particularly in the west.

It's funny because "thinking different from the majority" doesn't really count when the rest of the world generally agrees something happened and there's a tiny minority which denies it. I can bring in the Holocaust denial comparison again if you'd like, I don't think anyone's been able to adequately respond to that one.

And yeah that propaganda gets attention, at least from the people who bother to check up on Turkey because it's largely irrelevant to most of the world, as a joke. It's pretty funny too.

It's funny because "thinking different from the majority" doesn't really count when the rest of the world generally agrees something happened and there's a tiny minority which denies it. I can bring in the Holocaust denial comparison again if you'd like, I don't think anyone's been able to adequately respond to that one.
You are aware that Turks are the traditional boogieman in Europe. Are you not?

I wonder whether your tv channels are showing how Armenia is firing russian missiles at civilians or not. That country is rotten.

And yeah that propaganda gets attention, at least from the people who bother to check up on Turkey because it's largely irrelevant to most of the world, as a joke. It's pretty funny too.

Armenia is very good at false propaganda with their superheroes like Kim Kardashian and System of a Down. And I can see that you still see Turks as the boogieman. Good.

No, that would be either Israel or Russia, depending on whether you're stupid or neoliberal respectively. Most Europeans probably haven't thought about Turkey in years, and it barely ever breaks headline news.

You live in a bizarre impoverished dictatorship that has to constantly remind its citizens via schools, the news, and every other available medium that the Kurds and Armenians are plotting against them. As a rule of thumb, if there's a conspiracy theory / fringe idea that a group of powerful people is trying to convince you is true, it's definitely not.

I wonder whether your tv channels are showing how Armenia is firing russian missiles at civilians or not. That country is rotten.

I think you mean bogeyman, unless you think Turkey was popular at discos. But historically, Turkey was only seen as an enemy in the medieval period because they were the largest, most professional and capable military for hundreds of years- and, critically, kept invading and conquering more of Europe after they had destroyed the Byzantine Empire. In fact they weren't IN Europe, were they, until they conquered a big chunk of it with repeated wars. But once European technology and society moved ahead of the Ottoman Empire and they were no longer the great threat they had been, they were actually seen as an ally or potential ally against the new threat of Russia, and the concern of Europe was to protect and court Turkey, not alienate it. As far as I am aware, that has been the broad diplomatic relationship between Turkey and major European powers for hundreds of years; they weren't on the radar of each other as enemies, though of course the First World War was a blip in that regard because Turkey was on the German side.

Back
Top Bottom