Arena Weapons (Secondary Sword)

Add sword to spearman in Arena?

• Agree

• Disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

WouLinX

Sergeant
I really, really hate when they give me just spear or shield & spear. Yeah, i can fight againts horse riders but i can't fight others without sword. Can you guys add sword as a secondary weapon to everyone in the arena. I know archers have swords, throwables can use as melee weapons but if its comes to spears its really annoying me all the time. I think more people would agree with me.

A short sword maybe as sidearm would be reasonable...but then you have a shield, right? And usually it is no problem picking up a weapon in the arena if your own is too ineffective. I do not know whether this is a top priority problem.

It's not top priority. I didn't call like that. But it is important. Because my character don't know to use spear. I don't want to play with spears. When they give me bow and arrow i can play with it even if my character don't know to use bows because at least i can defend myself with my sword and win that fight. But with spear it is impossible to win except 1v1. Maybe they can add a mechanic to choose which weapon to use for players by restricting the weapon option according to cultures.

Actually - many historical reconstuctors and ancient/medival experts argue that spear is better than sword in melee fight :smile:

Personally I do not agree - I prefer sword myself (bastard sword is my weapon of choice). However debate is up for a long time and shows that it is perfectly acceptable not to equip player with additional sword...

I guess the facehugging is an issue here with spear-type weapons - you just underrun them and clobber their wielder. In reality, I would point the tip at my oponent's throat so IF he likes to attack, he is in dire danger of running himself through my spear - no such mechanism here. The spear IS a good weapon if it had the right mechanics which versus horses we are on a good way. Versus man however it is a bit lacking. Also: change your weapon from time to time while clobbering looters. A low skill in polearms does not make a tournament a pleasant experience when forced to use one.

I disagree. All you need to do is pick up your preferred weapon from the ground after the first wave. I rarely keep the weapon they give me at the start.
About spear fighting try push block to open them up followed by overhand stab.

Guys, you don't understand the situation. For example we are fighting with 3 other guys in my team. They are charging and dying quickly, how can i supposed to win with spear by myself againts all others? With sword i can do that. But spear it's impossible, maybe possible if you are a pro player. But i'm just a regular player want to enjoy the game. Spear mechanics don't allow to fight againts more than one enemy. In real life spear is great weapon againts swords they can't reach you, i know that but in Bannerlord its not like that. With Bannerlord mechanics you can't do anything againts more than one enemy. I'm not telling just remove spear in arenas but they need to give sword as secondary weapon. It can be short sword or a bad low level sword. I don't care. I want to believe that it's possible to win for a regular player like me. I'm not a noob player btw but i'm not a pro either.

Back
Top Bottom