Arena practise fights - no skill improvements?

Users who are viewing this thread

As the title says, my character skills are not improving anything. For example: I hack my way through the entire fight with a two handed axe, yet it does not advance from lvl 5 to 6 nor gain any xp from it. What's the point of doing practise fights now then? That ridiculous 250 gold reward? Place take a look into it! Thanks a lot in advance!

I guess if it gave exp, it would make adventuring pretty much pointless, since you can just spam practice fights nonstop until you are Godlike with tons of cash to boot.
So probably for balancing reasons it's best it doesn't give anything exp-wise while still having a reward chance.

Not only practise mode, I'm not gaining experience from tournaments and arena fights too. I hope it is a bug or something.
I guess if it gave exp, it would make adventuring pretty much pointless, since you can just spam practice fights nonstop until you are Godlike with tons of cash to boot.
So probably for balancing reasons it's best it doesn't give anything exp-wise while still having a reward chance.
Yeah, but it forces you to go with certain playstyle which is a contradiction to the Mount&Blade sandbox style.

Not only practise mode, I'm not gaining experience from tournaments and arena fights too. I hope it is a bug or something.

Yeah, but it forces you to go with certain playstyle which is a contradiction to the Mount&Blade sandbox style.

Actually I kinda forgot - did the original M&B give exp for the practice fights?
It's been a while since I set foot in practice arena lol, was only traveling for tournaments for some years.

Yes. Original game gives exp for everything.

Now I need to go after looters to actually get exp. I hope they fix it, because right now it is really frustrating.

I second this. Especially since it's hard to catch up to looters and at the start you're too under powered to consistently win fights without too much losses (playing at "realistic" damage).
Increasing your fighting skills in the arena was always a good way to get practice and get to a decent enough skill to fight properly.
Also since it's a newly released game people shouldn't be stingy with xp, we need to lvl up to actually test all the new skills :smile:

Back
Top Bottom