SP Native Modern Arena gunfight mini-mod -- v6

What do you think about the difficulty level?

• Should be harder.

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Should be easier.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Just the right difficulty.

Votes: 34 60.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In other news, here's the 240 poly mp5 I've modeled!

mp5.jpg

Missing a few details, but I don't think anyone is going to notice in a fight. I can add a few things if any mp5 fans out there scream at me to do so though :razz:

That's great Gerec! Maybe some more detail on the barrel, but its looking good already

version 6.1
- Replaced gunshot sound with Septa's version that is not as loud. Thank you Septa, hope you don't mind.

Can I just request something? Can we either a) have weaker opponents  b) (preferable solution) better starting classes?

This mod is great and all but getting sniped from 20m away by a shotgun blast to the head while I can't stand any chance of hitting the guy back with a SNIPER rifle because my skill in firearms is like 40 isn't terribly fun.

Septa Scarabae said:
Chel said:
Septa, (or anyone else) do you know of a good program to cut out a piece of a sound file and make a separate sound file with it?
I use GoldWave. You should still be able to download it and use it for free. I've had it for atleast two years, though, so I don't know.
Another suggestion, Audacity is a free open source sound editing program which I use a lot. It's very simple to use in general.

Chel said:
Septra, v5 is definitely harder than v3. Also I slowed the player speed so that you could not run up to them shooting and force them to stop aiming and pull out the knife. If I make the scene with long streets where there will be more room to run, I might increase the speed.

Gerec, I think the accuracy behavior as you aim is not possible to change, so I don't know how to make the type of gun you desribed.

pete, if you've got a shotgun you can try walking up to the sniper tower to get closer.

Archer, thats a good idea, I'll look into it.

Merentha, yes, some characters sometimes spawn on both teams, I don't think that's a big problem though. Can just change the names and you won't even notice it.

Trustme mate, when i get spaawned in, with three people near me, and i'm in the opem, it's not a good spawn.

also, i wass complaining about not being able to manevoure around behind your enemies with the shotty.

*downloading version .6

Hey nice mp5 man, i have a bbgun mp5, its real nice,  though the catridge is a bit smaller, maybe its just my model though. Also, the barrel of the gun isn't that low, its higher and there is a laser in the place of the barrel.

Edit: oops, nvm what i just said, the handle is enlarged if a laser is installed.

Learned a bit about skinning and modeling while doing it, hopefully the next bunch of guns won't take as long =x

I'm probably going to work on something simpler like the deagle next..

thats a pretty sick gun man, I'm loving the texture. How did you make it so smooth and have all of the shades blend together so well?

One little known trick is using light and dark areas. It's often a really good place to connect two shades if theres a very dark or very light (relative to the two being connected) border piece, if you will. Look at the clip going into the box holding the clip, notice the box thing has a light area around the bottom, good for connecting the two shades. And the box into the main chamber thing, how it's stuck right in a very dark area allowing the transition of shades to be much easier on the eyes  :cool:

Ahhh, gotcha, thanks Gerec. Chel, I downloaded your update, adn also stuck the "lonley arena" in again, so I'm still alone. Very nice, thanks a bunch for it! Also, I wouldnt say I win 99% of the time anymore, but I'd say I still win a good 97%  :lol: .

Yeah I still win about 75% of the time or more :razz: If I die it's either bad luck with a hard spawnpoint, or else something I didn't expect like someone sneaking up behind me with a knife. Otherwise I pretty much control the arena  :twisted:

Another idea I got from blasting knife-wielding guys with a shotgun is to make an arena where the player is alone with a gun vs 15-25 enemies (some melee, some ranged) in a series of corridors, some melee, some ranged.
Like a mini DOOM2-like level :grin: Just an idea at this point though.

Sounds good, maybe you could ask Janus for a hand, so you could get options, like 1v6, 5v6, or 1 versus like 25, where you would have something like the weakest pistol, and the 25 would have knives. I dotn think a shotgun would work, because it reloads to slow to even have a chance against 25 knivers running at ya!

It'd be funny to do a target practice thing, where you spawn in the middle of the arena, in some place you can shoot from but can't move from with a gun, perhaps some pistol, and have each of the enemies spawn in similar areas (can't move) but without guns. Then watch as they squirm as you shoot them down like targets to increase your weapon skill :razz:

[edit] Or just have everyone spawn with reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllly heavy equipment, if putting them in a position where they can't move isn't possible.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed... nice mod an all but it's not like an FPS at all. The first bullet (in this case some thing that makes an arrow sound when it gets passed you  :smile:) should be accurate but your guy is shooting like he hasn't seen a weapon before and etc. etc...

It's not in an FPS spirit. It's a nice mod but I'm fan of FPS and that's why I didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom