SP Native Arena Expansion Mod (v1.3, for M&B v0.704)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, since weekend is near ill finally have some free time.

Ill try to get them done before tomorrow but i think i wont succeed
anyway, i can only do the textures though, i cant get them in game atm, im srry but you have to do that then

If you can get the textures done, that should be enough. :roll:
I can figure out how to get the new armors added in, I'm sure, since there are tutorials available.

I got visit today so i couldnt get them done, srry
Sofar i have a green and yellow variation on the black armor (+ helm etc).
Im planning to use the black armor model too for the red and blue, but i think ill make them a metal color.

The green armor took me a while, the yellow was like a simple redo. Plz dont expect something spectacular coz they aint..

Well, could you send me one of the DDS files you've done, or a screenshot?
I'm reserving judgement.

Taurandhir: any more progress on the finishing touches for the 4 team arena? I also still need the fixed copy of the fortified arena scene.

I'd like to be able to release the mod by tomorrow night, if I can get everything for it together by then. I have the code basically done at this point. Waiting on you two. :wink:

Once this version is released, I have a couple of specific features earmarked to be in the next release:
- Choose your weapon for a cut to your winnings, or stick with random.
- Provide arena access to the capitals (Reyvadin and Sargoth) and Dhorak Keep, possibly distributing current arena matches and a few new ones between them (so that each place only has a few available, rather than all).

If you dont mind, I wanted to make one suggestion. Several times I have had 2 swords or 2 lances that I was unable to make a decision on. Both looked pretty similar statistically. The only way to test them was to equip the alternate one before a battle. I just thought it would be great if we could actually use our own setup in the arena... that way we could test out our new gear, see what kind of damage we were doing, and make some decisions without risking it in a real battle.

This is a suggestion for future releases, of course.

Suggestions are always welcome.

Well, the thing is, the weapons will still be doing the same type of damage, so it will be indicating you're killing your opponents rather than knocking them unconscious. People aren't likely to sign up for you to kill them to test out your weapons. :wink:

However, I have been thinking of having lethal matches available at Dhorak Keep as one possibility, where you could use your own equipment. If you lost, I could have it give the standard "you pretend to be dead" thing and you lose some equipment, but if you win you get some decent equipment and more money than usual. The opponents there at Dhorak Keep would be various bandits, khergits, dark knights, and such.
For that matter, I could have an "equipment testing" match available where it's you versus a bunch of peasants at Dhorak Keep. You would have to pay for them, maybe 20 denars per peasant since that's the slave price.
Oh, and have them buy slaves at the Dhorak Keep, to give you another place to sell them.

It's looking like I'll probably end up having to release the next version Saturday or later, from needing the retextured team armor and finished touches on some arena scenes.

I am however looking for a couple of people to playtest it, who have at least 30 minutes or so to devote to trying out every arena situation available that they can think of, and report bugs to me if they find any. I've playtested it quite a bit myself, but I have been focused on some changes more than others and it's possible I've missed something.

Anyone interested in playtesting it who has 30 minutes to spare Friday, please PM me and I'll give you a download link. Note that it still needs new textures for the green and yellow team in the 4-team matches (green team's armor currently looks like coat of plates, and yellow team's armor looks like padded cloth), the "fortified arena" scene is completely messed up (will be fixed before release), the four team arena could use some minor finishing touches, and the jousting setup is barebones at the moment (may stay that way for release, not sure).

This is looking very nice. I was just wondering, will there be matching helmets, shields and boots to go with the new armour?

helmets are made.
shields and boots will be in the next version of the mod (since i cant get them done before tonight :razz: :roll: )

why are things always working against me...got my new harddisk today and i copied my old photoshop installation to it...now it says he doesnt recognise me as a valid user...
I need to dl again :mad:

on top of that my internet speed with Bittorrent slowed down to a 5kb/sec rate...

wdf is going on...

The rest of the armor looks decent. Hope you can get things working again soon.
Still haven't heard back from Taurandhir yet.

Ill do the other 2 this morning.

I do not really like the first 2 that much, i could do better but since i have a lack of time i cant :sad:

Well, send me the files you've done so I can see what you've come up with. I really like the sun design on the armor.
Honestly though, I'm still not entirely happy about plate armor as the base for arena armor.

If you really don't have time, just let me know and I'll see if I can get somebody else to do some of the work.

Taurandhir: still waiting to hear back from you. It's starting to look like you're MIA or something. :???:

yeah, i thought it was a good idea at first, but later i thought hmm...not really what i thought it would be like.

Since my photoshop is running crazy ill just upload the file to rapidshare and ill see if i can do the rest later if you dont find some1 else. Ill send the sun design as bmp too :wink:

http://rapidshare.de/files/9321069/sjit.zip.html

Thanks. I've asked a few people on the board who seem to be good at texturing if they can help. Hopefully someone has the time.

After looking at the new textures... honestly, they just don't seem fitting for arena armor to me.
Still, I definitely appreciate the time you've put into working on them along with the team sigil idea, and I'll credit your assistance in the readme.

heh, thnx :smile: I ddint put much time in them though (green like 2 hours, becouse it was like the first time i worked with ps but the second 1 was done in about 15 mins)
anyway, yeah, i agree its not really good for arena and im quite a newb at texturing too but oh well...

I think ill post the sigils i had in mind for the other 2 teams here too, you can see for yourself if you wanna use em:

The Blue (raindrop) 1 is not really good but i like the flame texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom