Are your companions skinny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bratok

Regular
This may sound weird, but in all my playthroughs since 1.5.7. all my companions have zero weight/build. Only height works as intended, i.e. wanderers differ in height, but all of them are skinny.
At first I thought this was just a coincidence, but then I realised this was actually a bug. It seems that prior to version 1.5.7. everything worked fine, but I bought the game when it was already at 1.5.7, and have not seen a non-skinny companion/wanderer ever since.

Someone would say it's no big deal, but those big heads with pencil necks and skeleton bodies look really stupid. What makes things worse is that armours/clothing also scale with body size. Enemy lords, NPCs, and troops seem to not be affected, however its hard to be 100% sure, since we cannot undress them.

Are your companions skinny?

e.1.5.9 here, yes, my companions are all skinny too, dunno why. On the other hands, my character is fatus maximus despite having 200 athletics. Is your character the same?

e.1.5.9 here, yes, my companions are all skinny too, dunno why. On the other hands, my character is fatus maximus despite having 200 athletics. Is your character the same?
They have added the "skinny" bug to the "known issues" section.

I've never seen any changes to player character's body, he always stays as I made him at character creation stage. Even with low athletics skill.

I've heard that body weight gain/loss depends on whether you walk on foot, participate in combat, stay for long in settlements, have abundance of food items in the inventory etc. But I've never seen any body changes since my first playthrough in 1.5.7.

Another half-baked (and useless) feature that causes bugs, apparently.

I thought that's just because I don't feed them.

I have observed that the player character gains weight over time, but I'm not so sure after the last patch. You can just slide it back down tho.

Another half-baked (and useless) feature that causes bugs, apparently.
Yeah there's been some body-related bugs since Sandbox came, like the "pregnancy" bug for 20 years old females. Looks like they added the sliders but forgot about the defaults values.

It's so unfortunate, we need the food for high morale, we march all the time, my character is ultra active in battle all the time, now with over 200 athletics and 2H Weapons, the rewards? Beer belly and small limbs! Right now, I can only blab and complain about when we will get the disable option. Kinda sad encountering this after I get out of the memory leak issues.

Anyone happen to know where to edit in the file or if it's editable at all? I only know how to mess around with armor and weapons basic values.

I have observed that the player character gains weight over time, but I'm not so sure after the last patch. You can just slide it back down tho.
Oh my, I just found out I could do this. Thanks for this, I went over the keybinding but missed the one key.

Is anyone still having this issue? I am on the "released" patch, and I still have skinny Characters for companions.

Back
Top Bottom