Are your companions seriously f---ing idiots?

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing that drives me most nuts about companions is that they're stupid. Seriously, stupid! The seem to think it's better that all 100+ soldiers in your army die than it is that you strategically withdraw and minimalize casualties. No, it's not fun, but the alternative is everyone dying and you all captured. No one complements you on making the hard decision.

I think the next time one of them questions me, I'm sending him by himself with no armor. Hey, you thought it was a noble thing to die, we'll let you die.

I like that your family members don't give a **** what you do though. As for normal companions I only really take a 120 skill medic if there is one, other wise they just get dumped in taverns to raise relation so I can get more guys to shove in garrisons later. Even the medic is dispensable, 120 isn't even that good.

You are truly unhappy with companions aren't you ? They are basically soldier that you can equip with anything u want. I think its enough ...
They need to shut their mouth and quit pretending like they've got the moral high ground just because I decided not to kill all my men off. It's like "Why are you yelling at me? I just saved your life!"

Are you really that mad at AI..?
I'm mad at the lack of immersion and the false promise of unique personalities. If you're going to make companions criticize, make them criticize you on something legit. Like withdrawing from a fight you started. Or suffering huge casualties. Or choosing to let a person go or executing a person. There are a few legit criticisms like burning down innocent villages. But when the criticism is literally, "You didn't get us killed and waste people's lives" that's a bit stupid.

Last edited:
The thing that drives me most nuts about companions is that they're stupid. Seriously, stupid! The seem to think it's better that all 100+ soldiers in your army die than it is that you strategically withdraw and minimalize casualties. No, it's not fun, but the alternative is everyone dying and you all captured. No one complements you on making the hard decision.

I think the next time one of them questions me, I'm sending him by himself with no armor. Hey, you thought it was a noble thing to die, we'll let you die.

psst..It's not your companions...it's the script writer...

TW wont be able to implement strategically adept ai because it is to complex. Best you can ask(hope) for is an option to execute companions, that way a whole new gameplay cycle will open up for you aswell.

You're right. I could be dead broke, starving and raiding the holding of a guy who killed my brother but still get dinged from Merciful companions.

No because I use distinguish service mod to hire them, then I use characters creator to give them the look and the name I like, I even replace a ugly and short Vakdmaer the butcher for a beautiful Vkandina the swift, with all the commercials perks, etc. You just have enough mods to transform a bland game in almost everything, go to Nexus and made your own game.

You picked your companion up while you were drunk in a pub at 2am for the price of a couple of farm scythes and a bag of wheat.

Of course they're idiots.

No because I use distinguish service mod to hire them, then I use characters creator to give them the look and the name I like, I even replace a ugly and short Vakdmaer the butcher for a beautiful Vkandina the swift, with all the commercials perks, etc. You just have enough mods to transform a bland game in almost everything, go to Nexus and made your own game.
haha, same as me. Stop playing for now coz mods don't work in new beta

Back
Top Bottom