Are you using mods?

Are you using mods?

• Yes

Votes: 72 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 33 31.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Personally can’t even imagine playing that game at this stage without mods. It was funny for 200 hours but lets dont overdo.

Now Im playing everyday only because of mods. Using:

- Detailed Character Creation
- Banner Paster
- Banner Peasant 10M
- Cheering reloaded
- Diplomacy Fixes
- Dead shot
- Allegiance Overhaul
- Hideout Party Limit Removed 50
- Fast Dialogues
- Improved Garrisons
- MC Mentoring Mod
- Smith Forever
- Sound the Alarm
- Fighting together relationship
- Key’s Royal Armoury
- Player Execute Edit
- VARTS Trade Guild

Playing on 1.4.2, 0 crashes, 0 errors, much more fun and the only way for keeping players „500hours+” imo. But yeah, was skeptical too, fortunately tried the first one, then the second and stayed with them. Just discovered how easily they fix all annoyin bugs and improve my playthrough. Think most of Warband players are modding this part too.

Cheers
Can I ask why you are not using Bannerlord Tweaks? It allows unlimited smithing and allows you to change the limit on Hideout parties so would save you two mods that you are using.It also allows you to increase exp that your troops and companions get too, plus allows you to mentor your troops for even more experience. You seem to be running several mods that are covered in just the one mod.

honestly, I didnt know that. I have tried it once but had crashes. I need to try it later again, thank you!

Now Im wondering about „Interesting Companions” which adds 44 unique Wanderers with backstories. Random spawning is ... broken :smile:))

I play only with "a few" mods, works fine, i know about ~2 instances when it is fixed i will get an error but no crash and another 1 when i know for sure if i do something it will crash but thats a deliberate trying, not gonna happen in normal game. Ignore error on tweaks, game works, just need new modlib to remove it.

Thanks a lot for that list, KyDeezy! Didn't realise there were first-gen fantasy overhauls like Hammerlord... Could be well worth a shot, I'm at the stage where I don't think I could do more Bannerlord without mods.

If you had to strip it down to the bare essentials, the 3-5 mods that you feel have the most sizeable impact on your enjoyment of the game, which might those be out of interest?

Thanks a lot for that list, KyDeezy! Didn't realise there were first-gen fantasy overhauls like Hammerlord... Could be well worth a shot, I'm at the stage where I don't think I could do more Bannerlord without mods.

If you had to strip it down to the bare essentials, the 3-5 mods that you feel have the most sizeable impact on your enjoyment of the game, which might those be out of interest?
Realistic Battle with Realistic Armor
Improved Garrisons
Party AI
Fixed Formations
Fixed Siege AI
Party Manager
X's cut through everyone
Dismemberment

Yeah, that's definitely 5 mods :razz:

Realistic Battle with Realistic Armor is a must, you can't tell if you have the best armor or the worst at times, you still take damage from looters stones.

Hold on a second... Are you playing with Player Execution edit on 1.4.2? But wait, there's no version of this mod for 1.4.2

true, but few of my mods are „outdated” and still working perfectly on 1.4.2 - player execution edit, fast dialogues, varts trade guild, sound the alarm etc.

I have tried Bannerlord Tweaks finally and community patch and both are amazing.

Absolutely must-have for me:
1. Bannerlord Tweaks (adjust battles/tournaments influence, hideout party limit, smithing stamina and almost everything else
2. Community patch - at the moment fixes 90% perks (in Native most are not working- check https://www.bannerlordperks.com/table )
3. Improved Garrisons - lets you upgrade/manage troops, establish guardparty, set amount of daily XP or change garrisons/party wages
4. Interesting companions - adds 44 new wanderers with their background stories and different skills/traits
5. Allegiance Overhaul - lets you avoiding vassals and mercenaries constanly leaving/changing kingdoms
6. Fighting together relationship - you are gaining relation bonus (set by yourself) every single common fight

And a few smaller ones like Fast Dialogues (remove loading screen from interactions with looters, bandits, caravans etc), Sound the Alarm (peace/war notifications) or just Banner Peasant 10 M (every 10th man on battlefield carries your banner)

just cant imagine playing that game without mods.

Last edited:
true, but few of my mods are „outdated” and still working perfectly on 1.4.2 - player execution edit, fast dialogues, varts trade guild, sound the alarm etc.

Tried Bannerlord Tweaks finally and community patch and both are amazing.

Absolutely must-have for me:
1. Bannerlord Tweaks (adjust battles/tournaments influence, hideout party limit, smithing stamina and almost everything else
2. Community patch - at the moment fixes 90% perks (in Native most are not working- check https://www.bannerlordperks.com/table )
3. Improved Garrisons - lets you upgrade/manage troops, establish guardparty, set amount of daily XP or change garrisons/party wages
4. Interesting companions - adds 44 new wanderers with their background stories and different skills/traits
5. Allegiance Overhaul - lets you avoiding vassals and mercenaries constanly leaving/changing kingdoms
6. Fighting together relationship - you are gaining relation bonus (set by yourself) every single common fight

And a few smaller ones like Fast Dialogues (remove loading screen from interacrions with looters, bandits, caravans etc), Sound the Alarm (peace/war notifications) or just Banner Peasant 10 M (every 10th man on battlefield carries your banner)

just cant imagine playing that game without mods.
Try the mod enable unit skills for some of the perks that do not work., I would also recommend recruitable so you can recruit higher level troops.

Thank you for advice! enable unit skills looks pretty nice, Im not really sure if it can work with community patch but I will check it today, thanks!

I was trying „recruitable” but was not stable the same with Settlement icons :smile:

Thank you for advice! enable unit skills looks pretty nice, Im not really sure if it can work with community patch but I will check it today, thanks!

I was trying „recruitable” but was not stable the same with Settlement icons :smile:
Aye I removed Settlement Icons and use recruitable instead. Enable Unit Skills does work with community patch as I have both.

Over 30 mods here, not just tweaks but also mods expanding existing features like diplomacy or companion management. Mekses the game playable at this point but obvioulsy I'm hoping for much more once official moddding tools get published.

I'm very slowly adding mods, trying to really experience the base game and only tweak that I believe needs to tweaking.

So far it's;

Ability point per level - My first installed mod and it's the only "experience boost" you need. With an abi point per level the skill levels pretty decently since I won't hit the roof as easily.
Key's royal armory - for when it's impossible to find the noble bow long after you reached 90+ archery etc.
Some smithing mod I don't remember it's name - for that one time I wanted to try out smithing but was too lazy to use the standard stamina

That's it. I think I'm leaning towards one of the bandit mods in a future run perhaps, to make looters etc more interesting but let's see. No major overhauls for me yet, no BL Tweaks etc yet. I prefer to pinpoint mod the few things I want one by one to keep the game as close to vanilla as possible while still maximizing the enjoyment I get from it.

I've conquered Calradia both as a vassal and king unmodded, so now muck around with mods to mix it up.
Ditto, but now I want to try 'realistic battle' mod. But apparently the last update killed it. It sounds like it would make fights interesting and requiring tactics instead of the traditional rape em with arrows then finish them off for the XP.

Oh, I did use that make your own banner thing/

Ditto, but now I want to try 'realistic battle' mod. But apparently the last update killed it. It sounds like it would make fights interesting and requiring tactics instead of the traditional rape em with arrows then finish them off for the XP.

That's one of the mods I'm running on 1.4.2 beta and yes it's awesome

I'm very slowly adding mods, trying to really experience the base game and only tweak that I believe needs to tweaking.

So far it's;

Ability point per level - My first installed mod and it's the only "experience boost" you need. With an abi point per level the skill levels pretty decently since I won't hit the roof as easily.
Personally I prefer running one ability every other level. At the rate you are running it, by level 42 you have got all abilities to level 10. It takes me till level 84. When you consider that it will take both of us till level 84 to finish the skills being filled as well then it even things out, by doing the ability at every other level.

Back
Top Bottom