Are you trying to make the game slow and boring at all costs after every patch, don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Game is broken in its current state. Caravans don’t work. It is impossible to trade good between cities. Passive income was great because it enables you to enjoy the game. Early game is about focusing on saving and being a cheapskate till you get the passive income streams going then when they are working you could focus on things that actually matter like which nation to join who to marry, or start own kingdom.

right now they have killed any passive income so now it is very difficult to get to lord faze. Your just a struggling trader now

Caravans, workshop and trading still works. Made my money on these two saves with it on live patch, no mods.

First image is day 242. Second is 831 on different saves.

Dude your wrong. Accept it.

developers posted this in response to my post on another thread.

Carlit0 said:
They stuffed caravans. Start a game in 1.42 beta get caravans they make 0 money or even negative money. Being a merchant is too hard now. You will tear your hair out when you buy goods cheap then go to a place where they are supposed to be high price and they are same price you bought them for. Meaning you end up with a lot of goods in inventory and no where to sell them.

even when you find a good sell price your smile will become a frown when you just sell 1 item the price drops instantly to cheap again so you cannot unload any goods like before

basically economy has been stuffed in this patch
This problem will be fixed with today's patch. There is a problem at item prices in 1.4.2 currently. Prices do not differentiate enough. So caravans and player cannot make profit enough from trading.

Also for players who are interested in trade I prepared this table, you can examine (this table is after "prices do not differentiate much" problem is solved). Here you can see item PriceIndex average values at all towns year by year for 20 year run. PriceIndex is multiplier which determines final item price at a town and it is different for each item at each town. For example if it is 1.5 for olives at a town and default olive price is 30 you see price as 45 (30 x 1.5), by the way in each run these values changes according to change of raided villages and hideout / bandit distribution.

As you can see there is currently 50% inflation at average item prices in 20 years after 20 years they do not increase more. It was more (100%) before 1.4.2. Reason of this inflation is luxury demands and increase at prosperity. After a town's prosperity passes 3000 luxury demands are started to apply per each prosperity over base demands.

I understand the need to make it a slower paced game but I would rather they add the content for a functional long game before nerfing and uprooting things to make it a long game. I want to actually have useful functioning vassals and lord relations and an heir system before I worry about the game taking so long that my child would grow up. Oh course personally the eco nerfs don't effect my playstyle at all as I don't care for passive income if I can do without it. I would like to use workshops and caravans for some other purpose though such as buying/producing food and warhorses for my towns and army.

Dude your wrong. Accept it.

Nope. Your wrong Dude. Accept it.

They have already fixed it yesterday.
„Hotfix (e1.4.2 - 12/06/20)

Singleplayer
  • Fixed a problem that caused item prices to be close to average prices in all towns. This made profitable trading for players and caravans very hard.”
After that, works perfect on 1.4.2 and brings a lot of money :smile:

Last edited:
Nope. Your wrong Dude. Accept it.

They have already fixed it yesterday.
„Hotfix (e1.4.2 - 12/06/20)

Singleplayer
  • Fixed a problem that caused item prices to be close to average prices in all towns. This made profitable trading for players and caravans very hard.”
After that, works perfect on 1.4.2 and brings a lot of money :smile:
Thank god about time I was so bored

I have news for people: This is a slower paced game that includes generations of your offspring. It ain't over in an evening.
Which would be cool if the first generations were more than a tedious grind. The pacing is all over the place because as is, it's more work than fun imo. The transition from early game to mid game is very iffy with essentially hardly any passive income for landless people.

Which would be cool if the first generations were more than a tedious grind. The pacing is all over the place because as is, it's more work than fun imo. The transition from early game to mid game is very iffy with essentially hardly any passive income for landless people.
have you tried workshops and caravan? i mean seriously
you can find a prosperous town, and put 3 workshops there, and feed the town with raw material required, then run 5 caravan out of that town. the caravan will boost workshop income so having 5 will put it through the roof. you should also eliminate competition by purchasing workshops around your towns that produce the same product and changing it to something else so only your workshops produce that good within a region.(of course it would cost you about 4k to do that each time) with a tier 4 clan you can have 5 workshops and 5 caravans and that's easily 2-5k/day passive income.
and you can work for a generous liege as a merc, take your army for a walk through enemy territory and you'll have endless battles, the influence/denars turn in alone can usually double my army expanse. on top of that you get plunder gold and loot.
or, not have as many troops. just walk around with 10 guys to avoid looters. you'll end up with more influence and renown for doing stuff

Back
Top Bottom