Are you trying to make the game slow and boring at all costs after every patch, don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any information posted on the true mechanics of auto-resolve besides tactics skill levels? Im curious how deep it is
elLHB.png
MoN_A.png

You can check this this thread for some discussion about that mechanic. It was from beta 1.4.1 thought, so probably can changed again. And to be fair none of the tactic perk is working right now.

Every time they make an update, it slows down the game considerably. All the juicy joy of discovering some aspect of the game is crippled because, ultimately, it's going to be watered down to the point of monotony. I've seen this progression take place since the beginning and ultimately...

...Here's what's going to happen...

...The devs are going to develop a finished product based upon what they think the game should be...

...And modders develop a game using the devs' engine to cater to their individual desires of what they think the game should be.

Archers suck now? There's a mod for that. Is it annoying having to spend forever to increase Leadership skill in a meaningful way? There will be a mod for that. Shouldn't I be able to marry any common peasant? Yep. Mod.

MB:WB was a fun game. Mods pushed that game into something I sunk hundreds of hours into. Right now, I'm just waiting for MB:BL to complete dev to a stable point so the real modding fun can begin. That said, I ALWAYS play an unmodded save so I can get a feel for how the devs are building. Overall, I think I get what they're going for but I think it's something I may not be interested in as a finished product.

Okay i think i know what is a bit broken with trade after installing 1.4.2 beta.

Basically the tariffs slapped on the player are insane. If i buy salt for 33 in Ortysia and the rumor says i can sell it for 52 in Quyaz, i should make a profit if i buy large quantities right? Well no, i actually made a loss because of tariffs ( and trusting the rumour)....

I think the issue here is tariffs are way exagerated early game. Another example , i bought for 6000kg (or whatever the weight unit ingame is) in askar for 9 denars a piece.

I sold it in Charas for 18 denars a piece, so i should make 50% profit right? And get double the amount i invested? Well no.... i only made a bit more than 2k profits( from a 7k investment ) ...believe it or not.. that is cause of tariffs.

My issue with the current tariffs is that if there were such a thing then nobody would ever trade because currently you need to find goods that sell for at least double price somewhere to make a clear profit most of the time.

I think i know what also affects it aside from tariffs, because when you sell 100 pieces of something, it is not like in real life where you agree for the price for all 100 pieces as a whole.

No, here it is more like every single piece of these 100 is sold separately and the price you get for each is dependent on how much they have of this product, so the more you sell of this item, the lower the price is for each piece sold fron these 100. So in the end your 100 pieces that should net you a profit if a price was agreed on all of them are worth much less because the last 50 pieces of this shipment were sold at ultra low price because they already had 50 of it. I hope it makes sense, didnt really explain well.

Anyways so yeah, i know there is a perk to lower tariffs i think but at the moment, the trade penalties are too exagerated IMO, and probably only apply to the player because caravans would probably make losses if this affected them?

My trade skill is 50 though, mayhe it gets better as you get high trade skillbut i think they should tone down the tariffs to be honest.

There's no such thing as tariffs dude, what are you talking about?
If there's tariffs, it's already included in the price. So you always get what you see. Try buying only 1 unit of grain for 9 denars for example, and then selling it somewhere else for 18. You'll see that you will make exactly 9 denars of profit from it.

You already pointed out the solution to your problem. You're only thinking about starting prices for buying and selling.
If you see grain selling at 9, and you buy 6000kg of it from the same place, your average buying price will certainly not be 9. Same thing when selling. 18 is only the starting buying price. If you unload all 6000kg of grain in there, your average selling price would be way lower than 18.

Let's say the price increases/drops for every 500kg of grain (it's actually way lower than this, i'm saying 500 for the sake of simplicity). Your average buying price for 6000kg of grain with a starting price of 9 would be 14,5. And your average selling price starting from 18, by the same calculation would be 12,5. You see you're actually losing money by doing this.

What you need to do is buy things with green prices UNTIL price becomes yellow. Then you stop buying.
For selling you do the opposite. Sell when price is red/yellow and stop at green.
This way you'll always make profit and level up your trading skill. I know, I started a pacifist run in 1.4.2 and leveled up my trading to 225 in around 400 in game days without any mods by doing just this. I make loops around the map and buy every green and sell every yellow/red.

Only from villages and caravans you can buy/sell things with fixed prices but villages only have 1000 denars and caravans are nerfed to the ground. Used to camp in front of towns and sell to caravans about to enter that town in 1.3. Not the case anymore as their buying prices are way lower now, you can't make any profit off of them.

Good post Mama Luke, you explained it well, by tariffs I meant this exactly, that the price drops the more you sell it because the game treats it like you sell every unit of your shipment separately and not the whole shipment in one go for a fixed price per unit. That is what i meant by tariff, the money you lose when you oversell something due to the rapid price drop.

Ah yes the colours, my trade was too low when i tested so i could not see them but that is a very good tip you give, thank you.

Good post Mama Luke, you explained it well, by tariffs I meant this exactly, that the price drops the more you sell it because the game treats it like you sell every unit of your shipment separately and not the whole shipment in one go for a fixed price per unit. That is what i meant by tariff, the money you lose when you oversell something due to the rapid price drop.

Ah yes the colours, my trade was too low when i tested so i could not see them but that is a very good tip you give, thank you.

No problem, but it's only logical that prices drop or rise when buying/selling in my opinion.
For the colors, you don't need trade levels or perks to see them. Try hovering over an item and look at the price in the mini window. Green means below average price, yellow means about average price and red means above average price. You can start trading right off the bat by checking only this information.

Seconded on Mama's good tips for 1.4.2 on trading. My first runs on this game were all trade based but as of 1.3.1 I found trading to be more and more pointless -- reward too little for time spent.

Here's a screenshot to show it better:

9Fjz0b

That price will always give you the correct information about if an item is above/below or average price.

Here's a screenshot to show it better:

9Fjz0b

That price will always give you the correct information about if an item is above/below or average price.
My trade screen never colors the prices like that, even with the trade perk. I can only see the colors in the tooltip which makes trading very tedious for me. I was seeing the color coding in earlier versions but it stopped working for me in more recent patches

Just take a look on fixed "Rise the Meek" perk. They overcome impossible odds and made it worse than it was before fixing.

Yes, I agree with OP, devs definitely try to make this game as slow and painfully grind'y as possible.

Grind walls is an old cheap way of games without content.
I don't agree but I do understand people like to have a fast paced game. I don't mind a game made slower as long as it has enough content throughout. Stellaris is a game I play often and the mid game has always been a struggle and you find yourself sometimes nodding off after the great khan.

Playing Everquest, now that had a ton of content and I can't think of a game with such a large grind.

Path of Exile is probably the grindiest game i have played. Good game though..

Personally I like the slow pace of Bannerlord but for those who do not, it is still possible to install mods that increase workshops/caravans income and let you get xp faster for you and your units, and then you can tweak a diplo mod to make the ai super aggressive like in 1.4.1

TBh i wish there was a timeframe but there is not i thought you should run aroound map for like a year get wed train companions and such build relationships.As you do not want the game to be over to fast or the grind begins again.Also i thought that is what they were going with as kids and such.But i could be wrong

The problem of a long and slow progression is that there is not that much in M+B to fill the time with interesting new stuff. And I don't think there ever will be. I also don't care the slightest for the dynasty approach, that adds to the problem. But I trust in mods to save it all.

Slow paced gameplay is fine, if there is enough interesting and engaging activities to fill hours and hours of play time. Bannerlord have none of it. All it have is endless fighting, mostly without any purpose outside of looting for money.

This game plays so much better at a faster pace. Everything in the game could be sped up 20% across the board and the overall experience would be 10x better. I think the devs have a vision of multi-generational games that span thousands of days, where you work your first character up to mid-level, continue on with your child and push forward a little higher, and then maybe your grandchild will finally level up the final perks and conquer the whole world. Problem is the game itself doesn't want to move that slowly. It wants to move faster. That's why snowballing is such a constant issue and is so hard to deal with. The AI wants to expand and it doesn't want to wait for the player to finally be ready to take a part in it. The devs just keep piling anchor after anchor onto the player and the world in an effort to slow it all down and its a big mistake. They should be laying off the brakes and letting the game play at its own natural pace.

They already have our money so they dont have to listen to us, and they have the Warband shills giving 5 star reviews on Steam that are fooling other people into buying this helplessly boring and broken game.

Back
Top Bottom