Are you planning to add more dialog lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Revverie

Hi guys, I know I've made a lot of threads about this, but I wanted to ask the devs personally if there is any plan regarding dialog options and conversations. I feel like scrapping dialog in favor of the encyclopedia really hurts the immersion and the game gets to a point that there is nothing to do and you know every lord without having to.
I talked with a lot of players that have this same issue, for example, once you know a lord you basically knew them all since they have nothing to say except for faction leaders. The encyclopedia tells you they're dishonorable or honorable but I feel like I havent done anything to find out about it, why I know who they're enemies with if I never had a chat with them? Encyclopedia is a good feature, but its too op and makes the game boring quite early, its not like CK2 where you control everyrhing with menus and you need to know, im moving as a character, let us know personally who is who, some people call it a quality of life improvement but I see it as a complete game breaker.
Instead I suggest using tavern owners to give you information, spies, travellers, lords advisors who are willing to give information or even the lords themselves. I love this game so much I played it for 3 days straight, but most of my playthroughs consist in me wishing for features like this to be added. Thanks for reading

Edit:
Interacting with your wife is really lacking too, I wish for more dialog so much, I wished she had so much more to say, if she's honorable and I burned villages I hope she complained to me, if she's pregnant she could give us quests to go fetch her a medician or herbs to make her feel good and stop the pain, or at least she could tell us how she's holding up with the pregnancy, or to sound excited about it.

Surely they will do. Dialog and diplomacy takes a great part in game. Also devs approved that they will work on new missions and dialogue lines but i think that will take some time

Surely they will do. Dialog and diplomacy takes a great part in game. Also devs approved that they will work on new missions and dialogue lines but i think that will take some time
I know they have mods that add Dialogues, but its really not that difficult with some creativity. Perhaps certain NPC's can provide advice on how to play the game better, such as loading screen tips in chats. Or perhaps trade secrets/where-abouts/info could cost denars. Adding dialogues with consequences/actions is a whole diff story tho.

Back
Top Bottom