Are WFAS Assets OSP/LSP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,

as lately i have stumbled upon WFAS assets in many different mods, i started to wonder whether WFAS assets are OSP/LSP and may be used in any non-commercial mods?

Solely the Module System is LSP, the assets etc. are not.

Edit:
Have to correct my statement a bit^^
The assets etc. are not LSP as long as your mod is not using WFAS as base, so the mod should require that the player have the game. Same goes for the DLCs, you may use the assets etc. if the new mod is demanding that the players have bought these DLCs.

If i recall correctly, there was some sort of OSP called "Ultimate 17th Century Pack" and it had assets basically of WFaS and stuff. I also think that the guy asked some people if he's allowed to use these assets in pm's and they said yes. So i guess, WFaS is somewhat OSP?

Also, funny question, what does LSP stand for? I know that OSP means Open Source Pack, but not LSP :razz:.

You are refering to this LSP here: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,327745.0.html

There is this special note ahead of the rest of the text, maybe the moderators are themselves not really sure about this one.

Willhelm said:
[Given that this pack includes some WFAS assets and the according permissions did not specify commercial use, the moderation considers those assets LSP and recommends reviewing all permissions carefully and seeking additional permissions for their use (commercial or not) outside of WFAS & WB if you are uncertain about their applicability.]

Still: Except the Module System you are not allowed to use anything for a mod which is not basing upon WFAS (regarding product key etc.)

And LSP is basically an OSP with restrictions, like most times you are not allowed to use them for a commercial mod or outside of M&B.

So, if i want to make a new mod for Warband, would i be able to use that LSP for it?

Also, if you open that spoiler in the credits section, you can see that the person sent an email to the developers of WFaS and allowing the usage of the models and assets.

I saw that spoiler, I am only not sure if a few modellers can speak for all of the assets in WFAS. However, there must be a reason why it is still listed in the Ressource section^^

Regarding your question: Yes, you can use that LSP for a new Warband mod, only not a commercial one :wink:

Good luck with your mod project!

Back
Top Bottom