Are we wrong or are the devs wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

i'm not wrong when i say "i want to play with my favorite weapons & customize my clothing"
they are wrong to force me to carry something i don't like
there is a core relation between the player & the weapon
it's not a total war game, we are not bots, i want to master the timing and the physics of a certain weapon, and get really gud with it in combat

They will probably release cosmetic microtransactions if you keep this upp.

Good points, I agree on everything here. I wished more people joined the discussion, but I realize the problem is very clear as you say, the devs don't care to forge a community and an actual communication. They have spoken in the patches pages and in their statement for MP but they completely avoid this core issue, and it's showing. I see some clans are still active, but you know, they're the minority. I wished any developed joined this thread to say something.
The clan scene is horrific. I'm a part of KO in NA and we are the only clan able to get more than 5-6 people on at a time. The delay in development has completely killed off the clan scene and we are being hated on everyday because we constantly destroy pubs who say "why don't you go fight clans" well darling id love to if there were any. The only other clan in NA that ive seen is DoF and SkBr, however SkBr is a captain group and DoF never gets on with more than 3 people. Calradic Legion used to be more prevalent however ive talked to Octavius and his guys simply don't get on anymore because of broken mechanics and lack of content, and they were the largest group NA at one time. Just sad

So you cant mention singleplayer in the Multiplayer section of the forum even if it's relevant? Are you serious right now or just butthurt?

Okay, my bad. Since there is an average of 11000 players at the same time (this month) in the game and average there is about ~150 (not average however so I should lower this number ALOT, but I'll keep it that high because otherwise it will be to small) people playing multiplayer at the same time. That means the multiplayer player count is about 1.36% of the total player count at the same time. And even less on peak days when there is about 19800 players but still not much more multiplayer activity, it's more but doesent grow as much as the singleplayer count wich will lower the total % of the multiplayer side. Taleworlds however want it to become competetive wich is why they have the loadout stystem among other decisions.
Lmao Moton you're full of crap again, you're talking about numbers you yourself made up again! And besides that, you can't talk about the multiplayer community based on how many people play it because most of us are NOT playing the game or we're here complaining, please stop trying to push your useless arguments that have nothing to do with this, and off course you can talk about Singleplayer but you completely miss the point so you can repeat the same arguments you do in other threads

There are plenty of examples of both situations really, I think the main predictor of whether the devs end up proving they were right is when they have a really cohesive idea and manage to realise it well. The main sense I get from Bannerlord MP, unfortunately, is much more disjointed - some aspects are well planned, others seem more vague, and it doesn't come together. The class system and matchmaking, for example, actually work really well - in isolation. However, no further thought seems to have been given to the possible negatives of the system e.g. lack of customisation, extreme complexity in balancing across multiple game modes when gold is formula driven. We already see some of the planning get disregarded as the reality clashes, such as the original plan of unit aesthetics matching their armour and speed (Vlandian sharpshooters originally were tanky as they looked, now they have very low armour but still look like absolute units).

Most of all the lack of cohesive design and planning is apparent in the combat. I think it was Armagan who defended this saying they always wanted physics-driven combat that's responsive and enjoyable to play - but the lack of fine tuning to the combat completely marred this, if it was even possible. There have been many updates and it's gotten better, but it's all putting out fires - responding to individual issues with patches and slight tweaks, which leaves the overall state still disappointing.

The final thing I would say is a huge weakness in TW's approach to the game is eschewing any comparison or building upon Warband. They seem almost offended by the suggestion that cues or lessons could be taken from Warband, which to me just seems like a zealous desire to insist everything is built from scratch and re-thought from first principles. Which is admirable in some ways - how many sequels are just disappointing cash grabs that add 2 things but otherwise just re-sell the same game? - but in this case I think doesn't work considering how much unfulfilled potential Warband had. If ever there was a game that needed repackaged, polished, improved upon, and perfected, it was Warband. Instead they scrapped it all and made another diamond in the rough (and the diamond part is arguable).

Very nice points there. Yes, most of us agree that they're not doing this out of an evil thought trying to scam everyone, but it's exactly like you say, the class system works on its own, for me even if it works it's boring, it's not something that makes me want to play the game, and even though there are games like Battlefront that have classes, I just don't see it fit in here, and specially not after we played something like Warband that aimed to be different, they're trying hard to copy other games

The clan scene is horrific. I'm a part of KO in NA and we are the only clan able to get more than 5-6 people on at a time. The delay in development has completely killed off the clan scene and we are being hated on everyday because we constantly destroy pubs who say "why don't you go fight clans" well darling id love to if there were any. The only other clan in NA that ive seen is DoF and SkBr, however SkBr is a captain group and DoF never gets on with more than 3 people. Calradic Legion used to be more prevalent however ive talked to Octavius and his guys simply don't get on anymore because of broken mechanics and lack of content, and they were the largest group NA at one time. Just sad
Well, now that sucks, the fact that some players here are saying that combat is better now but players are still declining just proves my point, the core system is flawed.

I hope this doesn't come as edgy, but doing the same thing over and over is insane TW, and these patches feel like that, the same thing over and over, tweak that, then in the next patch tweak the other thing that was broken because of the last patch, this isnt going to change how we feel, ever

Last edited:
Well, now that sucks
Yes it is big sad. But like Morton said at least for the NA scene all the clans are pretty much gone so since there's nobody to match against there's no point in playing. Even the large skirmish draft tournament that was organized as a last effort died within the first few weeks. I highly doubt anything will change activity wise on the NA scene for clans until custom servers or battle mode releases.

Yes it is big sad. But like Morton said at least for the NA scene all the clans are pretty much gone so since there's nobody to match against there's no point in playing. Even the large skirmish draft tournament that was organized as a last effort died within the first few weeks. I highly doubt anything will change activity wise on the NA scene for clans until custom servers or battle mode releases.
Do you think this could've been avoided?

Not really, a lot of people lost interest, you have maybe one or two people from the same clan that hop on every once in a while, Rat party is going back to warband pickups so that takes away from people wanting to play bannerlord. I hopped on scirmish yesterday and couldnt find a match, at all. I tried for about 30 minutes a few different times throughout the day, and Sunday night siege had at most 45 people on before the damn server crashed again.

MP is done, there is no avoiding it.

Not really, a lot of people lost interest, you have maybe one or two people from the same clan that hop on every once in a while, Rat party is going back to warband pickups so that takes away from people wanting to play bannerlord. I hopped on scirmish yesterday and couldnt find a match, at all. I tried for about 30 minutes a few different times throughout the day, and Sunday night siege had at most 45 people on before the damn server crashed again.

MP is done, there is no avoiding it.
Crush Through:
  • Increased crush through energy threshold.
  • Made it slightly easier to crush through with 2h maces in relation to the energy threshold change.
New beta patch, first thing on the list. They literally are taking a dump on us.

Yes, we should have gotten battle gamemode, we should've gotten private servers or at the least servers hosted and moderated by Taleworlds to promote the multiplayer clan community, and NO GODDAMN CRUSHTHROUGH, because people don't like it when they do the correct block and still die

For every game that failed due to bad player feedback, there is another that failed due to bad developer decisions.

There are plenty of examples for both. But there are decisions (like classes) that have an overwhelming majority of players who dislike it. Even some developers are still not behind the idea. But here we are
I've said this many times, and I will say it again. I doubt the class system is the main reason people leave the game. I doubt that it even accounts to 5% of the dwindling player base. The main reason to me seems to be the MP dev teams lack of ability to react fast to the small bugs and balance problems each patch seems to bring to the game. The problem seems to me be, that the studio wants to mainly focus on the SP mode at this point of development. I do hope that the game reaches a state where it is more realized, and things like ranked, custom skins and private server make it to the game, but I feel like people fail to understand that this is an EA game, and the priorities are not in the multiplayer mode. Most people are very happy about the updates they are getting to SP, and that is what TW thrives for.

Crush Through:
  • Increased crush through energy threshold.
  • Made it slightly easier to crush through with 2h maces in relation to the energy threshold change.
New beta patch, first thing on the list. They literally are taking a dump on us.
Isn't this exactly what people asked for?

Isn't this exactly what people asked for?
What people asked for is not having the trash crushthrough mechanic. Also AFAIK this doesn't change that other weapons like halberds still have the trash mechanic, so basically it's not like in Warband where there was only 1 faction that could use this, but also the weapons that had crushthrough were not so OP, here you just put a damn 2 hander and **** people in the face even though they block

If their servers worked at launch - yes. I think there would be hundreds if not thousands of players in mp right now even with the gradual combat fixes and how wonky stuff was at the start. The main reason the mp failed was that servers constantly crashed during the first week so that drove away probably 95% of players who were trying the mp out but decided not to play because of atrocious server performance. Then all we have left are the few dedicated players who also played warband and have very high expectations for the bannerlord combat, and it slowly devolves into a very negative overall game atmosphere. I'm not saying we needed custom servers at launch, but at least having working stable servers should have been a priority for taleworlds which they completely overlooked. Siege mode, which was the coolest mode for any new player to the franchise, just straight didn't work at launch because it was only ever tested for about 2 weeks in the mp beta.

I've said this many times, and I will say it again. I doubt the class system is the main reason people leave the game. I doubt that it even accounts to 5% of the dwindling player base. The main reason to me seems to be the MP dev teams lack of ability to react fast to the small bugs and balance problems each patch seems to bring to the game. The problem seems to me be, that the studio wants to mainly focus on the SP mode at this point of development. I do hope that the game reaches a state where it is more realized, and things like ranked, custom skins and private server make it to the game, but I feel like people fail to understand that this is an EA game, and the priorities are not in the multiplayer mode. Most people are very happy about the updates they are getting to SP, and that is what TW thrives for.
No one said main reason is the class system.

No one said main reason is the class system.
Well I think the class system has problems on its own, its not the main thing, but it sure made a lot of damage. And im not saying they should completely change it, but it feels to me they didnt thought it very well, since it has very poor customization options, and that matters even if people say it doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom