Are warband crossbows and firearms' max ammo only counted as their 1/2 amount?

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
I am porting my mod to warband, but I meet this problem:
I set a crossbow's max_ammo parameter as 5, but in game that weapon can only be fired 3 times before you have to reload it.
Then I tested all the native crossbows and pistol like this
["hunting_crossbow", "Hunting Crossbow", [("crossbow_a",0)], itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed ,itcf_shoot_crossbow|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
22 , weight(2.25)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(47) | shoot_speed(50) | thrust_damage(37 ,  pierce)|max_ammo(1),imodbits_crossbow ],

["light_crossbow", "Light Crossbow", [("crossbow_b",0)], itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed ,itcf_shoot_crossbow|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
67 , weight(2.5)|difficulty(:cool:|spd_rtng(45) | shoot_speed(59) | thrust_damage(44 ,  pierce)|max_ammo(2),imodbits_crossbow ],

["crossbow",        "Crossbow",        [("crossbow_a",0)], itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_reload_on_horseback ,itcf_shoot_crossbow|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
182 , weight(3)|spd_rtng(43) | shoot_speed(66) | thrust_damage(49,pierce)|max_ammo(3),imodbits_crossbow ],

["heavy_crossbow", "Heavy Crossbow", [("crossbow_c",0)], itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_reload_on_horseback ,itcf_shoot_crossbow|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
349 , weight(3.5)|difficulty(9)|spd_rtng(41) | shoot_speed(6:cool: | thrust_damage(58 ,pierce)|max_ammo(4),imodbits_crossbow ],

["sniper_crossbow", "Siege Crossbow", [("crossbow_c",0)], itp_type_crossbow |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_reload_on_horseback ,itcf_shoot_crossbow|itcf_carry_crossbow_back,
683 , weight(3.75)|difficulty(10)|spd_rtng(37) | shoot_speed(70) | thrust_damage(63 ,pierce)|max_ammo(5),imodbits_crossbow ],

["flintlock_pistol", "Flintlock Pistol", [("flintlock_pistol",0)], itp_type_pistol |itp_merchandise|itp_primary ,itcf_shoot_pistol|itcf_reload_pistol, 230 , weight(1.5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(3:cool: | shoot_speed(160) | thrust_damage(45 ,pierce)|max_ammo(6)|accuracy(65),imodbits_none,
[(ti_on_weapon_attack, [(play_sound,"snd_pistol_shot"),(position_move_x, pos1,27),(position_move_y, pos1,36),(particle_system_burst, "psys_pistol_smoke", pos1, 15)])]],
the actual clip capacity is: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3.

Anyone noticed this? Is this a bug?

PS: I am using MS of 1.105, the game is 1.110.

yes of course, I also tested what you said.
max ammo  actual ammo
      5      --->      3
      6      --->      3
      7      --->      4
      8      --->      4
      9      --->      5
      10    --->      5

seriously, only me and zeusbenedict ever noticed this? no one ever tried to alter the ranged wapons' ammo capacity?

I noticed this too, somehow it does not work the same anymore like mount and blade was, normally you can change it to 5 and it will fire 5 times now it does the opposite it will if you make it 2, instead of firing 2 it will use 2 arrows in one go. Maybe that is the problem ??

"instead of firing 2 it will use 2 arrows in one go"
this reminds me, so I did more test, got some new discovery:
for every shot you fired, there is no multiple projectile, only 1 projectile as usual;
you can only pick up 1 bolt;
when you reload the weapon, it consumes you as many ammo as the parameter of max_ammo.

this is surely a hardcode bug. I will report it.

i have latest but have same bug  i found this thread when was searching about that bug same here uses 2 arrows shoots 1 :neutral: (i found it on pistol) so 1 bullet 2 ammo :grin: ok anyways its bug so i need to edit max value to 2x

I have also tried something like this (However I modified the light crossbow in "item_kinds.txt", version 1.113) I don't believe I had any issues with only one bolt on the ground, but I would need to test to verify that.  As a work around, (as there seem to be quite a few of us doing this) I would change the reload speed and the number of bolts per bag.  This would simulate the effects of a repeating crossbow until this is solved.

I can confirm this bug aswell. I have rifles with max_ammo set to 7, and when you reload it takes 7 bullets from your inventory, but you can only shoot 4 bullets between each reload.

Back
Top Bottom