Are they still planning on making bandits upgradeable through perks in the Rogue tree?

Users who are viewing this thread

I see that leadership still has the ability to upgrade bandits.

Are they changing that to the rogue tree in the future still or did they scrap that plan?

Hopefully not. Leveling up Leadership is easy, leveling Roguery to 125 or 150 takes like twenty years of normal gameplay for me.

Logically it should stay in Leadership because if you are a good leader/commander you train bandits and turn them into soldiers. So from this pov, I think this perk fits Leadership. However, it'll be great to see a perk on Roguery tree which allows you to turn soldiers into bandits! I mean if you're a known bandit leader, you can convince people and even soldiers, right?

Logically it should stay in Leadership because if you are a good leader/commander you train bandits and turn them into soldiers. So from this pov, I think this perk fits Leadership. However, it'll be great to see a perk on Roguery tree which allows you to turn soldiers into bandits! I mean if you're a known bandit leader, you can convince people and even soldiers, right?

Nice. Become a bandit lord and wreak havoc on trade everywhere.

Nice. Become a bandit lord and wreak havoc on trade everywhere.
You gotta stick to one kingdome for patronage and go crazy on raiding/ransoming/bribing etc. Roguery must be more profitable than trading though. But you gonna be hated by everyone. And , since traits work again , companions must be pretty scummy, puppy lovers not gonna like that.

They should make a new perk that lets you upgrade the bandits into a different bandit unit in the roguery tree, but make it low (or fix roguery) so it's obtainable before it's irrelevant. Of course that might be too close to new content or too complicated, but it would really cool to have special units made through roguery. Also some roguery activities that don't start wars, depend on wars or make many many npcs hate you forever.

I agree roguery is abysmally stingy and slow. Even on my max cunning char it barely budges from selling loads of prisoners.
Even on my same max cunning char imported into a new game and so on...... it crawls kicking and screaming between 100 and 125 :sad:
I basically only sell prisoners and recruit(lead?) bandits for roguery though as I find looting and caravan attacking to be very un-rewarding and having too harsh of long term relation problems. Don't :poop: where you ?, well I'm gonna ? the whole map!

It would also nice to turn peasant, recruits and looters into bandits and maybe be able to form bandit hideouts (with a rogue-type companion acting as bandit boss) which give you a share of what they rob. Maybe you need to come there yourself and reap your ill-gotten goods. Maybe recruit bandits there or drop your own bandits to strengthen them. Could be a neat use for that skill tree and I could see my as a robber baron in an alternative playthrough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom