Are they any active and updated mods that change War frequency??

Users who are viewing this thread

So since the native experience with running a Kingdom and its unrelenting, self-destructive desire to be in a constant state of war seems broken or just flat out sucks, does anyone know of an active and updated mod that "fixes" the frequency factions declaring wars and/or at least your kingdoms desire to declare war?

I am at a point where I don't want to stop my play though with my Kingdom but I am sick of being at war with 2-3 factions constantly because my lords keep pushing through declarations with 100% ever 2-3 minutes if we are at war with less than 2-3 factions. At this point, I am considering this to be a game breaking bug unless I can find a mod that at least helps with this. However, I have tried to do some searches and only came up with one old, un-updated mod that even mentions war frequency so I am hoping the community might know of a mod with a solution. If not guess it is time to take an extended break from playing again and move on to a new game until this hopefully gets fixed by Taleworlds itself.

I'm watching this thread closely because if there is I want to know also.
Unfortunately I don't think there is. I spent about a hour doing random searches on Bannerlord Nexus and found three mods that seemed like they would do the trick but all had been abandoned. One was even an abandon mod that was picked up by someone else, abandoned and finally picked up a 3rd time only to be abandoned yet again. The most recent was update to 1.5.5 but looks like that it, several people posting asking if it will be updated but no replies since December.

This is why part of me wishes Taleworlds would just wrap it up already. I think the modders got sick of having to constantly update and re-work their mods so abandoned them. The issue is that Taleworlds doesn't seem to be fixing these issues and without the modders fixing things we seem to be left with a broken game. <sigh>.

It is so frustrating to be really back into wanting to play Bannerlord for hours on end again only to have my fun ruined by something that ought to be easy for Taleworlds to at least bandaid fix. I mean how hard can it be to put in some code to reduce the number of wars triggered and this is a complaint that goes way back to the beginning of the EA and STILL has tons of people posting complaining about it. This is why it just doesn't feel like Taleworlds is making any progress.

Anyway, I am still hoping someone will respond with a mod I haven't heard of.

So since the native experience with running a Kingdom and its unrelenting, self-destructive desire to be in a constant state of war seems broken or just flat out sucks, does anyone know of an active and updated mod that "fixes" the frequency factions declaring wars and/or at least your kingdoms desire to declare war?

I am at a point where I don't want to stop my play though with my Kingdom but I am sick of being at war with 2-3 factions constantly because my lords keep pushing through declarations with 100% ever 2-3 minutes if we are at war with less than 2-3 factions. At this point, I am considering this to be a game breaking bug unless I can find a mod that at least helps with this. However, I have tried to do some searches and only came up with one old, un-updated mod that even mentions war frequency so I am hoping the community might know of a mod with a solution. If not guess it is time to take an extended break from playing again and move on to a new game until this hopefully gets fixed by Taleworlds itself.
what i did in ma playtru i just used to spam policies in my kingdom to make my vassals lose their influence and then just made peace with all those dogs who bothering me. this is how deep this game sucked in 1.4.3 Dunno if they changed smth in 1.5.8

what i did in ma playtru i just used to spam policies in my kingdom to make my vassals lose their influence and then just made peace with all those dogs who bothering me. this is how deep this game sucked in 1.4.3 Dunno if they changed smth in 1.5.8
The problem with that is that if nobles have less influence, they create armies less

There have been quite regular tweaks to war and peace logic/thresholds over recent updates and probably will be over remaining updates. Check mexxico's thread on snowballing, in particular. Some of the changes he viewed as particular significant I think aren't in the game yet. Overall pacing of war and peace has definitely improved since 1.4.x; it seems from yours and others experience that there are still issues in certain circumstances, but ongoing tweaks will affect that (one way or another) and any mod seeking to overhaul it significantly will be constantly changing until the core game is finished anyway.

I'm ruling a kingdom and I don't even have nobles to help me, I must pay a defeated faction some money to have a moment of peace. One faction don't even have any fief and still declare war against me.

There have been quite regular tweaks to war and peace logic/thresholds over recent updates and probably will be over remaining updates. Check mexxico's thread on snowballing, in particular. Some of the changes he viewed as particular significant I think aren't in the game yet. Overall pacing of war and peace has definitely improved since 1.4.x; it seems from yours and others experience that there are still issues in certain circumstances, but ongoing tweaks will affect that (one way or another) and any mod seeking to overhaul it significantly will be constantly changing until the core game is finished anyway.
I don't need a significant overhaul, just something limits my nobles from wanting to fight the entire world constantly. Honestly the fact that it is changing so much is probably why all the mods that address it have been abandoned. Still this is the first time where I haven't been able to find a mod to fix or at least alleviate an issue with the game that I found made it unplayable. It is kind of disheartening.

Back
Top Bottom