Are there any plans to continue work on Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tchan

Veteran
Like the title says, nothing has really been done to it in a very long time, have the devs shelved it?
There's so much more potential from this game, it seems a waste to just let it just go.

Shemaforash said:
Eh, most progress on warband are user made, which will probably be the future as well.

Im not talking about modding, im talking about developing.

No one knows as nothing has been said.
My typical barometer of developer activity (since we so rarely actually hear anything) is checking the BugTracker. The last sustained activity was in early-to-mid September, though that didn't result in a patch for either WFaS or Warband (though most of the bugs addressed were WFaS). Prior to that it was around the 1.142/3 patches in July.

I wasn't talking about modding.
I meant overall development will probably not continue too much since they're working on the newer game, (I think). We've got the ENL which is a mod yes, but the maps aren't. The maps are glitch free versions of the developers and until someone starts working on improving/developing further on the game that's where we'll be.

These are just my thoughts though.

Caba`drin said:
No one knows as nothing has been said.

I doubt the various issues in Warband we have currently will be addressed. This is where I was going to mention that "Spears" topic that Vilhjalmur (I think that was his name) posted back in the beta days, but it's nowhere to be found...
However, I'll accept that without any great complaining as I assume M&B 2 will greatly improve upon the multiplayer.

[quote author=Faranox]
I'll accept that without any great complaining as I assume M&B 2 will greatly improve upon the multiplayer.
[/quote]

M&B2 ! First I've heard of it..

On a side note, I remember they hired a developer who was supposed to bring Warband elements into WFaS, but I haven' t read anything about that in a while. Did they just abandon the whole thing or did I miss something?

Tchan said:
On a side note, I remember they hired a developer who was supposed to bring Warband elements into WFaS, but I haven' t read anything about that in a while. Did they just abandon the whole thing or did I miss something?
If you check out nox's forum profile (the modder-turned-dev that they had hired) you'll note that he has not posted in some time (since June), and, tellingly, his member group was changed from "Developer" to "Forum Legend" by one of the other Developers back this summer (in July).

Nothing has been said about this, of course.

They are busy making the sequel, and there's also the business of establishing TW as a larger company and development team as was gleaned from the translated interview from the Turkish forums.

Back
Top Bottom