Are there any mods that remove female lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His view of history is just plain wrong: you care to elaborate on this? I'd love to know what history you have been studying. What culture on earth has a tradition of female warriors? North America Indians? European? Islam?
You picked the word 'tradition' very carefully there. Nobody is arguing that traditionally and primarily men filled this role, and the game also- mostly uses men for this. However, there's a great deal of examples of specific cases of women taking up arms and leading armies in this period. Joan of Arc, Matilda of Tuscany, you can find plenty of examples.

From my perspective it will be far better to make one unique female lord with good background and story then just adding them so you can say "we have females lords so gtfo lefties"

Thats why i hate this diversity thing. In Robin Hood we had Morgan Freeman with good backstory. Right now they add black guy as a Mongolian Khan just to be a black guy in the movie.

Last edited:
You picked the word 'tradition' very carefully there. Nobody is arguing that traditionally and primarily men filled this role, and the game also- mostly uses men for this. However, there's a great deal of examples of specific cases of women taking up arms and leading armies in this period. Joan of Arc, Matilda of Tuscany, you can find plenty of examples.

2 LOL, in all the wars, and there's no evidence that Matilda of Tuscany ever led a vanguard into battle. Nor were there female crusading knights.... These posts are always trot out the same examples, it's so predictable. Let me ask you a question: Does it make sense anthropologically to put your child bearers in battle if you were a Germanic tribe fighting in Gaul against the Romans? This is not a political discussion, it comes down to survival. This is what new trends in media does to peoples intellect. Women in combat is a 99.99 % modern happening, as in the last 30 years.

Last edited:
There was 400 years between them...

Yeah, I'm not a reference encyclopedia or google, those were the two easy ones off the top of my head. What's the argument? If you want a longer list, you can go look at wikipedia yourself, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_post-classical_warfare . But what, we're arguing over... ratio? That just seems petty. They're in the game and history, there's more male military leaders in the game and history, what's the problem?

Of course. But that's normally viewed as some form of regentship -- which people can make a legit argument that it's not really 'femals being lords." However, the interesting bit is that even without counting in female regents, females did ascend to lordship and queenship actually without much problems, because although the traditions differed between regions, female inheritance wasn't something that was fundamentally made impossible or anything. In most cases the law of inheritance did prioritize male heirs over females, but when there were no males? The female heiress naturally ascended.

And surely, through about 1,000 years of Medieval ages (in the wide sense), PLENTY of noble houses met such situations -- and no, bringing in outside son-in-law to marry the female heiress, does not mean that son-in-law inherited the House.

As a matter of fact, the whole weakening of the French crown and the subsequent dynastic crisis of France that led to the 100 years war, began when Philippe of Poitier made a stunt to try and bar females from inheriting the crown. After the death of Louis X, there wasn't a precedence of a Queen in France, but people didn't particularly see a problem with a Queen on the throne. Philippe challenged that notion, and consequentially dragged in the long-dead Salic laws to force his position to disqualify a female from the French throne.

Then came the irony, that when Philippe himself died, his House met the exact same situation where Philippe had no male heirs, and only females. His enemies used the exact same argument to disqualify the female heirs from the throne... and this meant there was a huge confusion in succession as to whom the crown should go...

...and lo and behold, the English royal family, that had ties with the French through isabelle of France, now got entangled in the mess.

So, trying to stop female inheritance, was actually abnormal, because Philippe's citation of the Salic laws caused a huge controversy back then, because many argued it was a long-dead law not in use, and therefore invalid.

Indeed, and it varied a lot between regions, however it's impossible to ignore the problems that women often had ruling, alone, in the early-low middle ages. It's why you see so much controversy pop up when a ruler dies with no male heirs. All of the sudden cousins and uncles pop up out of the woodwork. I'd say by the high to late middle ages it became much more common. And then for some reason seemed to regress again..

Edit: I just realized the Empire in bannerlord split because the king died and had to male heir and the Empress wanted her daughter to succeed. Fairly plausible scenario that I had completely forgot about in game lol.

Last edited:
And i want horned "skyrim" helmets and double edge axes for vikings, becouse i want to see vikings like this, who cares?

And if he even can name few female army leaders. It will be like what? Once in 200 years?

I can name:
Boadicea 61 A.D.
Jeanne d'Arc 1431 AD

How can you equate certain pieces of armor to excluding a gender that represents half of the human population. This is not an appropriate counter example. History often lacks female "characters" because everything was written by men who had no interest in the lives of women. I can assure you, there were many more undocumented examples of women than the 2 "every 200 years".

Florine of Burgundy was a french crusader who died in combat. Seriously, why do I have to be the reference encyclopedia?
Because people want to willingly deny it?

Here's a good source on your "Females" didn't lead troops or fight in wars

But they'll still say didn't happen hurr

Did you even read this?
Half of them is like "1090: Norman woman Isabel of Conches rides on horseback, armed "
Okay, so, the other half? I'm certainly not arguing it was common or the norm. I don't think my stance is particularly subjective - for me, the facts that:
1) Bannerlord wants to be close to history
2) There were men and women military leaders in history
3) Bannerlord has men and women as military leaders

...is good enough for me. If you would prefer a different ratio than the game, by all means! Dig through the uncertain sources and contradictory accounts of the middle ages and show evidence for the number you want in the name of historical accuracy! I don't feel like nitpicking the ratio is particularly helpful though,or that it hurts the games overall historic feel.

Florine of Burgundy was a french crusader who died in combat. Seriously, why do I have to be the reference encyclopedia?

LOL,

Here's the story:

Pierced by seven arrows, but still fighting, she sought with Sweyn to open a passage towards the mountains, when they were overwhelmed by their enemies. This is pure fiction....

Historians are skeptical of Florine’s existence for several reasons, let's go ahead and assume she was real without any primary Burgundian sources. Sounds like history to me.

LOL,

Here's the story:

Pierced by seven arrows, but still fighting, she sought with Sweyn to open a passage towards the mountains, when they were overwhelmed by their enemies. This is pure fiction....

Historians are skeptical of Florine’s existence for several reasons, let's go ahead and assume she was real without any primary Burgundian sources. Sounds like history to me.
You may be shocked to find that the medieval period had less than stellar record keeping, and very much likes exaggerated tales. That page cites a book by an author who, with a cursory google search, holds a PhD and specialized in the history of the crusades. If you're trying to make the point 'boy history sure is hard sometimes' I'm entirely with you, but I'd say it's on you to find your own source opposing rather than just going 'lol sounds fake'

I'm certainly not arguing it was common or the norm.
And again. So why you angry at guy who want to remove it? It was rare. So it can be 0 in Calradia at that time.

I cant understand this behaviour:

"I dont like how he want to play the game!! Stop him!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom