Are there any alternative launchers for mods for Mount & Blade games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doom and Thief all have fantastic third-party launchers for mods but I haven't seen one for M&B Warband (and original). The built-in mod launchers for these games are adequate but clunky and sometimes it's a pain to use that drop-down menu if you have a lot of mods. So, is there a decent third party mod launcher/organizer that lets you display all the mods at once to select?

There is only one launcher, which is hardcoded and built-in. One has to navigate through all mods by looking at their names and images (main.bmp picture in every mod's directory). It might be troublesome when one has lots of mods installed; the only helpful thing is that Warband remembers lastly played module by storing its name in the registry. That might be useful, but apart from it, there is no viable alternative to the launcher.

Ahh, I see. Too bad we can't create a desktop shortcut to each individual mod using, say, command line parameters, and launch them that way. That would probably be the next best thing. I'm one of those frontend freaks that likes to organize his game collection into detailed info panels, screenshots and videos and I wish I could do that with M&B mods, though I do have the main games themselves in my LaunchBox catalog.

WUKKZTV.jpg

Technically speaking, there might be a way to achieve this with WSE. I am not sure, but it is possible to create different batch files that will open WSE Loader with paths to particular modules. If so, it will also be possible to create shortcuts and assign icons to them. This way, one will be able to customize module paths in one folder.

Back
Top Bottom