Are there any AI improvement mods for Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars?

Users who are viewing this thread

whatcorey

Recruit
Just tried playing Siege and Battle, but all the bots are just stuck in houses and do not move at all, they pile up in a corner and do nothing on both game modes. Is there any mods that improve the ai? I really want to play siege against bots on my own local server <LAN> <Offline> But i can't because the ai are so stupid and can't leave the starting areas. If anyone has any info on ai mods please comment, thanks.

Probably it is not a problem with AI, but with scenes which have a thing called AI Mesh. It is a mesh laid out on walkable areas for AI so that bots know where to go. It is likely that scenes you used had incorrectly placed AI Mesh or did not have it at all.

Probably it is not a problem with AI, but with scenes which have a thing called AI Mesh. It is a mesh laid out on walkable areas for AI so that bots know where to go. It is likely that scenes you used had incorrectly placed AI Mesh or did not have it at all.

Hi, i don't have the game modded, im using the vanilla game. I've tried all the other maps for siege in NW with bots on a LAN server, but all they do is run in a corner and get stuck. They don't use ladders, artillery, doors, or horses. That's why i was wondering if there is a mod or something that fixes the ai mesh so that they properly use everything. I don't have any custom maps only the default maps.

Hi, i don't have the game modded, im using the vanilla game. I've tried all the other maps for siege in NW with bots on a LAN server, but all they do is run in a corner and get stuck. They don't use ladders, artillery, doors, or horses. That's why i was wondering if there is a mod or something that fixes the ai mesh so that they properly use everything. I don't have any custom maps only the default maps.
AI Mesh is a basic feature which is present in all modules, NW included. Enable Edit Mode in the launcher and while on the scene (map, in other words) press Ctrl + E to enable Scene Edit Mode. Then activate AI Mesh editor in the window that pops up and see if there is a mesh on the terrain. There should be one, but if there is none, you have your answer. Bots cannot use advanced stuff like what you mentioned; they are too stupid for that.

AI Mesh is a basic feature which is present in all modules, NW included. Enable Edit Mode in the launcher and while on the scene (map, in other words) press Ctrl + E to enable Scene Edit Mode. Then activate AI Mesh editor in the window that pops up and see if there is a mesh on the terrain. There should be one, but if there is none, you have your answer. Bots cannot use advanced stuff like what you mentioned; they are too stupid for that.
Ah ok i will check it out right now. Aw really? So there is no mods to make them use ladders artillery and doors? I could have sworn i seen a couple bot servers with scripts so that the bots use those. Edit: Yea on pretty much every siege map in NW the ai dont have meshes at all, and if they do its only towards one spot. On the river map they just run into the water and drown themselves, they dont swim or use the boat or anything like that. Really sad, is it possible to make a mesh so that bots use ladders artillery horses and doors? I've seen servers with scripts do it.

Last edited:
Scripts for bots to break doors/ gates from vanilla should be compatible with NW because it also has the destructible props. For other NW-only stuff, you must check OSP code section in The Forge.
Are there any scripts you recommend for warband vanilla for playing with AI?

Back
Top Bottom