Are the Battlefield Areas too SMALL???

Users who are viewing this thread

personally i didn't have the strongest pc and I've only been running the game with battle sizes of up to 300 men for the longest time. that's counting both sides as i've tested out. and recently i got a gpu upgrade and felt confident to increase the numbers to 750 and have been noticing some problems

certain valley types of battle fields. my cavs and horse archers would spawn so far on the sides they are on top of the rocks and if i move them they fall to their deaths.

little hills and elevated areas in field battles don't have enough space to put more than 60-80 archers on them in loose formation. if you try to put more it sometimes glitches out and they are all jammed together. but usually half of the men will just over flow and be on the sides of the elevated area instead of on top of them since the area is sooooo small

villages, omfg, sometimes there's not even enough space for all my men to spawn on top of each other (if there's plenty of space, every formation would be separated), so some troops spawn on the other side with the enemies.

sieges, when there are more than 350 defenders there's not nearly enough space on the ramparts for them to stand, they get stuck and glitched out sometimes. or more frequently just push dozens of their own defenders off the wall due too having too many up there.

i feel this game has so much potential in terms of large scale combat, like 1000vs1000 or more, so the existing 1000 man battlesize limit is already restrictive. but seeing how the battle field actually runs with that many troops i'm beginning to think they need to increase the size of them or at least create a new scenario for "large scale battle" of 500+ men per side and featuring different battlegrounds.
personally i loved the field battles in this game. but the best part if when i'm leading and army and joining an allied army against an opponent army. the allied ai and i are moving differently and i'm trying to compliment his movements and sandwich enemies etc. maybe in "large scale battles" instead of having all the troops of each class be in one group all the time, having the option to have each command take control of their own troops and act out independently on different fronts.

Rather, all infantry move too fast, in a constant state of running. Even when you give a narch order, they just all jog forward.

The lack of concept of overall stamina, sort of is like moving everywhere with double click in Total War games.

Rather, all infantry move too fast, in a constant state of running. Even when you give a narch order, they just all jog forward.

The lack of concept of overall stamina, sort of is like moving everywhere with double click in Total War games.
Would be nice to get a stamina system indeed. Also it would make harassing enemy units with raiding units useful.

Back
Top Bottom