Are people still actually complaining about hideouts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Between all the complaints about how Taleworlds will run off with peoples money after an extra 4 days without an update, I scroll though complaint after complaint about how hideouts are broken.
When I first came across one, i thought so too, til i found out that by default all the archers are set to hold fire. once i figured this out, you can literally go into a bandit camp with just your companions and like 3 or 4 archers and wipe out an entire lot of 20, 30, or 40 sometimes. you gain so much combat experience if you decide to level up your character that way, and your companions shred through the enemy if you f1, f3 them. not to mention, the greater youre out numbered, you farm renown super fast and the crazy loot you get from a fairly simple quest. So with all this mentioned, how do people still decide its broken? thoughts?

You get feathered trying that in forest bandit hideouts and that is where most of the complaints remain.
I totally understand, in every bandit camp, you need a shield. personally i find the sea raiders way harder without a shield cause they can one shot you, with forest bandits, sit in front, tank all the arrows that do no damage to your shield, and have the archers behind you. they literally are in waves of 3 to 5 at each camp fire. not like youre fighting all 20 or more forest bandits at once

I totally understand, in every bandit camp, you need a shield. personally i find the sea raiders way harder without a shield cause they can one shot you, with forest bandits, sit in front, tank all the arrows that do no damage to your shield, and have the archers behind you. they literally are in waves of 3 to 5 at each camp fire. not like youre fighting all 20 or more forest bandits at once

I do steppe bandit hideouts without a shield but I've probably cleared two hundred of the ****ing things by now so I know exactly where everything spawns and exactly where to aim for a headshot, along with 70 body armor and 49 on my helmet.

Although I do think the forest bandit hideouts' reputation comes a lot from the early days, when they unnerfed archers' aim at night but still had forest bandits with like tier 5 longbows that could nearly one-shot you.

You dont see this as a problem? Being forced to exploit broken AI to win? I just downloaded a mod that gives more troops to do the hideouts. It fixes the game. You can actually have fun with them rather than the old shoot 1 bandit crouch with largest shield order archers to fire then move on again and again.

You get feathered trying that in forest bandit hideouts and that is where most of the complaints remain.
I solo forest bandits hideouts all the time, no matter the numbers. I don't need companions or troops or anyone. I find it the easiest hideout to beat. And no, this is not a troll. I'm serious.

I solo forest bandits hideouts all the time, no matter the numbers. I don't need companions or troops or anyone. I find it the easiest hideout to beat. And no, this is not a troll. I'm serious.

I don't doubt it, but if you just press F4 for your own archers and try to win four or five different archery contests with 30-40 forest bandits, you're not gonna win.

I think the biggest complaint about the hideouts is that it randomly picks your guys instead of taking from the top of the list. So you might get in there and have a bunch of recruits instead of your elites.

Really simple way to do hideouts is just to have your troops form a shield wall, and have yourself and your archers snipe all the enemies from behind the shield wall.

I think the biggest complaint about the hideouts is that it randomly picks your guys instead of taking from the top of the list. So you might get in there and have a bunch of recruits instead of your elites.

It doesn't pick randomly. It takes all your companions (regardless of list position) then from the top of the regular troops on the list. If there aren't enough unwounded troops, it will go to the next on the list.

It doesn't pick randomly. It takes all your companions (regardless of list position) then from the top of the regular troops on the list. If there aren't enough unwounded troops, it will go to the next on the list.
Thats wrong i stuck 50 Battanian fian champions underneath my companions and i still had imperial legionaries in the hideout.
I find hideout mechanics to be poor the reasoning for only being able to take a limited amount of troops is poor and the forest maps don't feel like hideouts in the slightest.
Now i just use a mod that lets me take 50 troops i dont do the hideouts for the loot, xp or fun i do it to keep my fief happy.

well of the 10 allowed 6 were companions 2 were legionaries and 2 were fians and that was a sea raider hideout iirc only had like 10-15 guys in there no casualties or wounded at all.
Forest bandit hideouts were the only ones i ever took issue with ive seen some ridiculous numbers in them 90-100 men.
That seems more like a village than a hideout to me more like -

well of the 10 allowed 6 were companions 2 were legionaries and 2 were fians and that was a sea raider hideout iirc only had like 10-15 guys in there no casualties or wounded at all.

No, no, no. I mean, in your party list, before beginning your attack, were any of your fians wounded?

I thought that they filled out the hideout attacker party until they hit a wounded troop. But it might actually do something really wonky instead, like taking a few guys from a stack, then another from the next stack, etc. if any of them are wounded.

The most troublesome for me are the Forest and the Sea Raider ones.

Forest ones are quite fine, but there's a point where it stores five parties with 20-ish bandits and because of their sheer number and placement you are never not being shot at by 20 of the sods.

And when I'm lucky and get mostly Sharpshooters to spawn (which I have on top of my party list, but that doesn't always help), well, it's still at least 3 separate shooting contests where I'm always outnumbered at least 3 to 1. It can be beaten, I just don't think too many players are having fun doing so.

Sea Raiders are alright except for the occasional unavoidable throwing nuke from behind, which is more of a problem with throwing weapons than it is with Sea Raider hideouts.

No, no, no. I mean, in your party list, before beginning your attack, were any of your fians wounded?

I thought that they filled out the hideout attacker party until they hit a wounded troop. But it might actually do something really wonky instead, like taking a few guys from a stack, then another from the next stack, etc. if any of them are wounded.
Ah no had no wounded in my army at all.

this is incorrect

it is true that it tend to take troops from the stacks in the higher part of the party, but it will not take every available troop, it takes a random number from every stack

even if you have 50 unwounded troops in the first stack, and 50 unwounded in the second one, you can still find some troops from the third and below ones

My issue with hideouts is solely based on how unbelievable they are.
I doubt that bandits would all set up small camps hundreds of yards apart from each other, only for their leader to challenge the protagonist to a duel after his entire camp is wiped out.

Honestly, it reads like a B rated script with no imagination.

Between all the complaints about how Taleworlds will run off with peoples money after an extra 4 days without an update, I scroll though complaint after complaint about how hideouts are broken.
When I first came across one, i thought so too, til i found out that by default all the archers are set to hold fire. once i figured this out, you can literally go into a bandit camp with just your companions and like 3 or 4 archers and wipe out an entire lot of 20, 30, or 40 sometimes. you gain so much combat experience if you decide to level up your character that way, and your companions shred through the enemy if you f1, f3 them. not to mention, the greater youre out numbered, you farm renown super fast and the crazy loot you get from a fairly simple quest. So with all this mentioned, how do people still decide its broken? thoughts?
without a mod that lets me take my army i cant get into an 170 steppe bandits hideout who can 1-2 hit me with arrows and there is like 70 of them in place and they ve distance/high ground
yes hideouts are broken and mods are a must in late game
OP is a troll

My issue with hideouts is solely based on how unbelievable they are.
I doubt that bandits would all set up small camps hundreds of yards apart from each other, only for their leader to challenge the protagonist to a duel after his entire camp is wiped out.

Honestly, it reads like a B rated script with no imagination.
i wont even give it a D

Back
Top Bottom