Are not there A BIT (a lot) of women in the game? And they are playing a lot of "man" roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as far as you can see on my 1 post the screenshot of the actual WarBand game let's quote this one.

"Remember that in TRADITIONAL MEDIEVAL SOCIETY !!! DEPICTED IN GAME !!! War and politics are usually DOMINATED BY MEN"

This is what developers wrote when game world was not pressed by femobase.

So next time you say this is not representation of medieval world remember LITERAL quote of devs.

Women are also the most overpowered characters in Warband by a long long way and speedrunners almost always play as women.
Who are the "femobase" and why do they have so much influence over a niche turkish indie game from 2003?

not to mention how the best NPC wanderers for governor positions are all female.

They aren't. The best ones have hard-to-level engineering skills and the only female engineer is also one of the middling ones -- the Wainwright.

Last edited:
Since you are not a warrior, you can go free" option. If they're not warriors, they shouldn't be leading armies, unless maybe they're the last person in their clan and they have no choice.
This is exactly what is going on when you see that dialogue (kinda), you will also see it for male lords. Some lord of clan are their party leaders and the extra ones hang out in castles all day.... but if the main ones get defeated or imprisoned the stay at home lords make parties and fight! It's buggy though and sometimes you'll always get that dialogue with lords who never where castle sitters, such as minor faction lords.

Women are also the most overpowered characters in Warband by a long long way and speedrunners almost always play as women.
This. Whenever I read yuotubers say "don't start as a girl it's much harder" II have that deep deep satisfaction at being better at video games then someone else.
In war band in exchange for needing more renown and not getting 1 free ****y feif, female character gets
Much better builds, including max INT skills by level 13
Free garrison via marriage
Easy non-bull**** marriage
Ability to to rebel with fiefs at any time
Can give fiefs to husband creating more free garrisons all over the world
It's so good.

The non-combat nobles don't fight in tournaments. The game already checks for their suitability. They also tend to only have swords, none of them use noble bows and I'm mostly certain none of them wield two-handers. A few do wear high-tier armor but just wearing armor isn't really a mark of skill.

Edit: to be clear, the relevant bit to being considered a non-combatant is no/low combat skills rather than gender. Arwa is a combatant because she has like 200s in half the combat skills, for example.
Don't they? I often come across very young (18-20 yrs old) nobles in tournaments with pretty low combat skills and wearing top tier armor. Some of them actually look like children. I just figured they were the court nobles since they're at most tourneys

I don't know what's going on with it, but I just think that more of the ladies should be proper ladies. Like in warband, it was like 20% of the ladies were the types that "like to hunt and ride". Those would be the ones out leading parties and fighting in tournaments, but the rest would be staying in town.

Don't they? I often come across very young (18-20 yrs old) nobles in tournaments with pretty low combat skills and wearing top tier armor. Some of them actually look like children. I just figured they were the court nobles since they're at most tourneys

You have the mod DCC?

I had a similar bug; it is because DCC was preventing the OnDailyTick character changes, which also meant children not growing into their adult bodies when they turned 18. I don't know about the skills, because even then the children (Yesui and Corein in specific) had absolutely bonkers combat stats (200-240).

I don't know what's going on with it, but I just think that more of the ladies should be proper ladies. Like in warband, it was like 20% of the ladies were the types that "like to hunt and ride". Those would be the ones out leading parties and fighting in tournaments, but the rest would be staying in town.

That's roughly the percentage who have combat stats currently(around 25%, varies across clans) but noncombatants will pick up and lead parties when the primary party leaders ("Vassals of...") get captured. If you ever see an Imperial woman with no helmet, it is a noncombatant.

That is not an argument, it's a pointless comparison. Guns and muzzles are actually historical cogent items in modern warfare. Women are never found in any army in Medieval societies in any context. Nice try though.
May seem like a stupid question but were you behind the warband 1257 mod? If so, loved that mod!! Will you be doing one for Bannerlord?

You have the mod DCC?

I had a similar bug; it is because DCC was preventing the OnDailyTick character changes, which also meant children not growing into their adult bodies when they turned 18. I don't know about the skills, because even then the children (Yesui and Corein in specific) had absolutely bonkers combat stats (200-240).

Maybe that's the cause. I'm not running DCC currently but I used to use it, so maybe that's where I got the impression

Speaking of kids with skills, my current character has 3 babies, and the first 2 have no stats, like 1 or 2 in any given skill, but the last one has crazy stats and he's just a newborn. He's already got like all 30s and 40s in the combat skills. I hope it keeps up. He'll be a beast when he grows up.

What was great about warband was the fact that you could choose to play as woman in an unforgiving, patriarchal medieval society.
I agree, this was cool. Playing as a woman felt as a completely unique and fresh M&B experience and Bannerlord can't give you that.

However, I remember a few.. ehm... "interesting" persons, who kept telling everyone, that M&B is a "light fantasy" (lol what?) and that's why too many general women is ok here. Total bull**** if you ask me.

They aren't. The best ones have hard-to-level engineering skills and the only female engineer is also one of the middling ones -- the Wainwright.
I may have been mistaking the Stewardship skill as the one thats important for governance. At any rate, the only wanderers with decent Stewardship are The spice-vendors and they are female.

I may have been mistaking the Stewardship skill as the one thats important for governance. At any rate, the only wanderers with decent Stewardship are The spice-vendors and they are female.
Bruh look at any of the leader companion like, The golden from aserai. You just arent looking close enough.

Bruh look at any of the leader companion like, The golden from aserai. You just arent looking close enough.
Eh that's probably why I don't notice them, I do NOT like Aserai whatsoever, they can keep their Goldens. Just give us some male steward skills in vlandia, sturgia, empire and battania and I'll be happy.

Eh that's probably why I don't notice them, I do NOT like Aserai whatsoever, they can keep their Goldens. Just give us some male steward skills in vlandia, sturgia, empire and battania and I'll be happy.
I'm actually wrong because the golden doesnt start with high steward stats, the one in my plathrough trained his to be high. Regardless I'd rather companions types just get a randomized character, I agree things don't need to be gender locked or even culture locked.

Last edited:
What was great about warband was the fact that you could choose to play as woman in an unforgiving, patriarchal medieval society.

You weren't respected because that was the way it was back then. The most rewarding part about Warband was the fact that your kindom was completely self made, based on your merit alone as a female character.

That's why I agree with you. It should be rarer to see a female lords leading men to battle. It does break the immersion a little bit about the historical setting.
I agree, this was cool. Playing as a woman felt as a completely unique and fresh M&B experience and Bannerlord can't give you that.

If either of you had actually played as a woman in warband for more than 10 seconds you wouldn't be saying this. The only things (literally) that make it harder to be a woman are:

1. Very slightly reshuffled stats
2. A 33% increased renown requirement for becoming a vassal
3. A higher renown requirement to be given a fief
4. Some lords say mean things

And that's it. The code barely checks player gender except to change pronouns in dialogue. Everything else is way easier, you can literally break the game as a woman the moment you get married.

If either of you had actually played as a woman in warband for more than 10 seconds you wouldn't be saying this. The only things (literally) that make it harder to be a woman are:
For the record: I've played as a woman in Warband more than 10 seconds (insert your original *11 seconds* joke here, it's funny).

The only things (literally) that make it harder to be a woman are:

1. Very slightly reshuffled stats
2. A 33% increased renown requirement for becoming a vassal
3. A higher renown requirement to be given a fief
4. Some lords say mean things
Bannerlord can't even offer a single thing from this list.

I think we can all agree that it doesn't really matter in Bannerlord if you play as a woman or a man. It probably wouldn't matter if you played as a horse either if you could, or a bucket. Or anything else. Because at the end of the day, most things simply don't matter in the current state of the game.

Which brings me back to the point that @Kentucky James VII was making... With all the issues that are in the game right now, the number of women is what irks you? Seriously? That's the problem that you want devs to spend time on? Because let's make no mistake here, reducing the number of women will screw up with marriage and children mechanics. Do we really want to open that can of worms?

There isn't a single faction in BL whose inspiration had female lords campaigning on the battlefield.

If they are going for more of a fantasy thing, fine, but otherwise I think they should tone it down considerably. I also liked the different playstyles you had depending on the gender you chose in Warband.

I think we can all agree that it doesn't really matter in Bannerlord if you play as a woman or a man. It probably wouldn't matter if you played as a horse either if you could, or a bucket. Or anything else. Because at the end of the day, most things simply don't matter in the current state of the game.

Very true. There is no incentive to roleplaying a character, something a lot of fans of the series were expecting.

"Remember that in TRADITIONAL MEDIEVAL SOCIETY !!! DEPICTED IN GAME !!! War and politics are usually DOMINATED BY MEN"
I mean if they used word usually that means you can come across lady with a title, it only means you'll mostly see men in power but if you did visit taverns in Warband you had to come across two female claimants to throne and if you helped them they could became queens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom