Are not there A BIT (a lot) of women in the game? And they are playing a lot of "man" roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the issues that are in the game right now, the number of women is what irks you? Seriously? That's the problem that you want devs to spend time on?
That's what you can say about almost every problem the game has: "With all those issues in the game right now all that bothers you is X? Seriously?

"With all those issues in the game right now all that bothers you is not working workshops?? Seriously?"
"With all those problems, all that bothers you is not working perks? Seriously?"
"With all those problems all that bothers you is the lack of quests? Seriously?"

And when you're out of ideas, don't forget to mention that it is EA.

Oh, and by the way: with all the issues that are in the game, TaleWorlds finds the time to add new sheep texture. Is that what irks them? Seriously? Is that what they spend their time on? But, I guess you're fine with that, and the bad sheep texture was one of the most important problems for you.

That's what you can say about almost every problem the game has: "With all those issues in the game right now all that bothers you is X? Seriously?

"With all those issues in the game right now all that bothers you is not working workshops?? Seriously?"
"With all those problems, all that bothers you is not working perks? Seriously?"
"With all those problems all that bothers you is the lack of quests? Seriously?"

And when you're out of ideas, don't forget to mention that it is EA.

Oh, and by the way: with all the issues that are in the game, TaleWorlds finds the time to add new sheep texture. Is that what irks them? Seriously? Is that what they spend their time on? But, I guess you're fine with that, and the bad sheep texture was one of the most important problems for you.

The three points that you bring up are some good examples of things that should have high priority. And are definitely more complicated to fix that a sheep texture, which I imagine is why that was done and these were not.

Gender of npcs on the other hand is neither important for gameplay nor easy to change randomly because of the issues with the marriage and children system. So yes, I do want them to fix perks, workshops (or the economy for that matter) and implement better quests. That's exactly why I don't get the outrage over npc gender. You are barking off the wrong tree.

The three points that you bring up are some good examples of things that should have high priority. And are definitely more complicated to fix that a sheep texture, which I imagine is why that was done and these were not.

Gender of npcs on the other hand is neither important for gameplay nor easy to change randomly because of the issues with the marriage and children system. So yes, I do want them to fix perks, workshops (or the economy for that matter) and implement better quests. That's exactly why I don't get the outrage over npc gender. You are barking off the wrong tree.

They can fix those other 3 things first, I have no problem waiting until they are finished fixing the more important things, and then eventually get to this and fix it. I don't think anyone's arguing that the gender of npcs should take precedence over more important features, but nevertheless it seems to be something that may be worth changing at a later date. This doesn't mean you should dismiss peoples complaints, as far as I can tell the developers have their own priorities anyways, I don't think posts like these are going to persuade them to do anything other than what they already have planned to do.

I don't like the amount of noble women leading armies, personally. I think the levels are about 50/50 for genders and this ratio feels way off and not very realistic / immersion breaking. If you want to keep this however this is also fine, just please don't lock certain skill sets behind only 1 gender, like the stewardship skill and the-spice-vendor female wanderers, so i can choose to have an all male roster If I desire.

They never used to lead parties before apart from the odd few in each faction. They changed it recently so any memeber can lead a party if there is a free party slot.

They can fix those other 3 things first, I have no problem waiting until they are finished fixing the more important things, and then eventually get to this and fix it. I don't think anyone's arguing that the gender of npcs should take precedence over more important features, but nevertheless it seems to be something that may be worth changing at a later date. This doesn't mean you should dismiss peoples complaints, as far as I can tell the developers have their own priorities anyways, I don't think posts like these are going to persuade them to do anything other than what they already have planned to do.

I am not dismissing the complaint itself, I am dismissing the way it was brought up. OP is demanding this to be changed as if it was some obvious glaring mistake that everyone agrees needs to be taken care of. I think this thread proves that it is not. Either way you are definitely right on devs having their own vision, and imo this is something that will have to be addressed by mods for those who want this change.

I don't like the amount of noble women leading armies, personally. I think the levels are about 50/50 for genders and this ratio feels way off and not very realistic / immersion breaking. If you want to keep this however this is also fine, just please don't lock certain skill sets behind only 1 gender, like the stewardship skill and the-spice-vendor female wanderers, so i can choose to have an all male roster If I desire.

See if OP had written something like that this thread might have taken a different direction. The way it was written it was basically a flame bait.

In all of this, I still don't know what a femo is :lol:

It is a fantasy game. If I wanted historical accuracy I'd read a book. Go mod it if you want this. I'll be playing with the mod that turns some of the troops into females, which I think should be in the game (where are the shield madiens?).
It maybe a fictional land based on fictional kingdoms, but it's not a fantasy game. It's clearly based on a pseudo-historical medieval world circa 1000, which is why there aren't any fairies or guns. Shield maidens are cool, but weren't realistic or practical at the time.

It maybe a fictional land based on fictional kingdoms, but it's not a fantasy game. It's clearly based on a pseudo-historical medieval world circa 1000, which is why there aren't any fairies or guns. Shield maidens are cool, but weren't realistic or practical at the time.
Sorry should I have said Sword sister like they have in warband? You guys complain about too many women, but they didn't even put a female troop line in like they did with warband. You are right though about it not being a fantasy game, the rest of my point stands.

No need for us to have a heated debate over this, not again. Not one thread about this ended well for anyone.
Female warriors, warlords and claimants were always a big part of the M&B franchise, more or less.

For anyone still wondering, Bannerlord is set in a world of its own, and for what it's worth, does have the low fantasy tag to it, as stated many times over, one of which here:
"However, the low fantasy setting of the game gives us room to inject our own flair and flavour into each item we create, which is something our artists certainly make the most of."
Quote from this Dev Blog.

It would benefit us all if we could brainstorm for constructive ideas of how to deepen the features, pros and cons of being a female or a male character in Calradia, and not point fingers at the "autoblock noobs" or having a problem with female character roles in Calradia.

Lock this thread. I hate seeing misogynistic weirdos on the forums.

Women are a part of the world. If that makes you “uncomfortable” like you said, I’m sure the Incel forums you likely frequent will be there to comfort you in these troubled times. This simply isn’t the place for your rhetoric.

Calling women Femos is just so god damn cringe. I can’t. I made my original post in this thread in jest before I realized just how wacko the OP was.

You are missing the point. It’s fantasy in the sense that it’s Taleworlds own creation. If Taleworlds states that Women had power during the time of Bannerlord, then that is 100% canon in the mount and blade universe and there is absolutely ****all anyone outside of Taleworlds can do about it.

My original point was about things that are ahistorical but don't need to be changed for that reason, like the way combat works or the way clans work. Warband and bannerlord are based way more on classic RPG gameplay loops than actual history.
By pointing out that the number of women in the game "ruins your immersion" it just highlights that your motivation is aesthetic and pop cultural rather than historical. A faction (even a medieval christian or muslim one) with female commanders is way, way more believable in real life than any of the core mechanics. Core mechanics that I don't think have to be changed to fit history either.

The reason I don't take stevehoos's's's complaints seriously is that he usually appends his criticism with wild conspiracies about "modern gender politics" and "politically correct history", which are accusations that fringe people have been throwing at academia quite recently but have no basis in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom