Are game menus limited by the number of menu entries?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a menu in my  mod that has around 25 entries defined on it.  The game will only scroll the first 16 entries to be selected.

Is the menu size limited to only 16 entries?

The engine can only display so many items in each menu, yes. You can do pagination, but then you'd need to lose a few rows for the navigation buttons. What kind of menu are you building that requires 25 entries? For more complex tasks, do presentations or even branching/repeat_for dialogs. If you must have them all on the same page, you can have it direct to different results when the user holds another key while clicking (I use this method to toggle between talking to and trading with merchants).

I was about to just subdivide the menu into sub menus, but I figure I ask first to be sure this was the problem and not some silly syntax error I am missing.

it is my replacement "cheat" menu.  I have basically compiled all the "cheats" in the game into a single menu from the camp menu.  as I was tired of trying to remember where all the different items were found.  but I can subdivide this menu to keep it under 16 entries per menu if that is indeed a hard coded limit.

Back
Top Bottom