Are companion interactions even there?

Users who are viewing this thread

vito397

Sergeant Knight
In Warband when you raided a village, retreated from battle or did something that a companion didnt like, they would tell you, and you would have several options to respond with. Same with their own relationships. Some companions hated each other, and some companions got along amazingly well. Is there something in plan for this for Bannerlord? At least for character templates? For example honourable companions having problems with you looting villages or executing lords, or the engineer telling you he did all the work in a recent siege. The Scholar character having a rivalry with "the Golden" character?

For example, you raid a village. Cadomenos the Robber comes to you after that and says "Such is reality. Women and children are sometimes the victims that are doomed to die in the chaos of war." (just an example) You agree with him because you are a dishonourable character. After some time, Papenbard the Smith comes to you and says he dislikes the fact that Cadomenos likes raiding, and also dislikes you for agreeing with him. He says if you continue raiding that he will leave the party.

Is there even a system in place for this? The only thing I've seen come from a companions mouth is that they didn't like that they aren't being paid. And it was not even in my playthrough. It seems to me to be an incredibly easy interaction to put in, as it is just a collection of variables/string dialogues

Not that I know. All husks and barebone and in beta you have to look long time for a good companion. XD and he doesn't love you long time when death is enabled and you didn't spend good cash on equipment.

In Warband when you raided a village, retreated from battle or did something that a companion didnt like, they would tell you, and you would have several options to respond with. Same with their own relationships. Some companions hated each other, and some companions got along amazingly well. Is there something in plan for this for Bannerlord? At least for character templates? For example honourable companions having problems with you looting villages or executing lords, or the engineer telling you he did all the work in a recent siege. The Scholar character having a rivalry with "the Golden" character?

For example, you raid a village. Cadomenos the Robber comes to you after that and says "Such is reality. Women and children are sometimes the victims that are doomed to die in the chaos of war." (just an example) You agree with him because you are a dishonourable character. After some time, Papenbard the Smith comes to you and says he dislikes the fact that Cadomenos likes raiding, and also dislikes you for agreeing with him. He says if you continue raiding that he will leave the party.

Is there even a system in place for this? The only thing I've seen come from a companions mouth is that they didn't like that they aren't being paid. And it was not even in my playthrough. It seems to me to be an incredibly easy interaction to put in, as it is just a collection of variables/string dialogues
If you raid a village and one of the companions complains about it, happened to me once. The thing is this is the only interaction that exists I think, they should spend more time developing this

I've had a couple of companions complain when I've run out of cash and not paid the troops; once, the same companion complained a second time when it happened again within a few days. I think I lost some relation with him.

If you starve your party eventually one of them will complain to you and if you agree with them you get +10 relations. I think of you keep doing it you will eventually lose relations, however I don't know that it matters at all. These are wanderers TBC, your family doesn't seem to give a **** what you do :razz:

Yeah, somehow Warband had more interactions with companions.

I would have loved in Bannerlord if we could befriend companions, unlocking special perks, dialog and commands.
Or hey, even marrying them after traveling with them for some years instead of persuading random strangers.

Right now it is pretty limited.

I think there's a couple. I know a few "Honest" type characters have complained about my PC raiding.

"Valor" type companions will complain if you sacrifice troops to escape a battle.

At least they used to. Wouldn't surprise me if that's been broken now. I will be utterly awe struck if they ever really improve dialogue in-game or add any more interactions with characters period in the next 6 months. That or this EA is going to have to last another 2-3 years for them to get it done.

I think there's a couple. I know a few "Honest" type characters have complained about my PC raiding.

"Valor" type companions will complain if you sacrifice troops to escape a battle.

At least they used to. Wouldn't surprise me if that's been broken now. I will be utterly awe struck if they ever really improve dialogue in-game or add any more interactions with characters period in the next 6 months. That or this EA is going to have to last another 2-3 years for them to get it done.
They work currently.
If you raid a village and one of the companions complains about it, happened to me once. The thing is this is the only interaction that exists I think, they should spend more time developing this
THere are a couple of others, including one where a bloodthirsty companion laughs about all the people you killed while taking almost no losses.

They work currently.

THere are a couple of others, including one where a bloodthirsty companion laughs about all the people you killed while taking almost no losses.
they do? but when i think about it. i didn´t raid for a while and had no money issues and no one was starving. do i lock myself out of content by getting better at the game? DAMN YOU TW, being punished for playing the game isn´t enough? (ironie btw)

they do? but when i think about it. i didn´t raid for a while and had no money issues and no one was starving. do i lock myself out of content by getting better at the game? DAMN YOU TW, being punished for playing the game isn´t enough? (ironie btw)
Yeah but there's only like 4 total interactions. Running out of Money/Food, Raiding, Fleeing/Sacrificing Troops, and NPCs will comment if your Party Morale is high (not really an interaction though).

There should dozens of interactions like this. If NPCs actually reacted to more things it'd breathe so much life into the game. Maybe even make it an actual RPG. Right now this game is battlefield simulator with some economics, and some skill levels.

Like "Negative" Trait companions should complain when you let enemies go, etc.

It didn't bother me too much in June 2020, cause hey it's WIP. But so little has improved since then. Commoners have a few more reactions, but that's it. Did the writers leave? Is it an English localization problem? Who's developing NPC behavior and their interactions? I feel like there's only about 10 people working on this game currently. Development will happen with one area/aspect, but then it's just dead cold for months.

I'm not even asking for voiced lines. All you gotta do is add some text every patch and I'll be happy. And really this should be as easy as adding a new helmet I would hope. Maybe there is some grand design and this July there will be 100s of new dialogue all voiced, etc. But I lose hope every day and I gotta ask myself is it even worth keeping tabs on Bannerlord now?

I feel like a complete fool actually talking to NPCs every patch/hotfix hoping to discover some added dialogue. But nope. Heck at one point I was even taking screenshots of every grammatical error I saw. But eh they just add a few features every month and half which you may as just load a Level 25 Character play for a couple hours, report what's broken and then just come back two months later rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom