Are clans even worth?

Users who are viewing this thread

CzeReptile

Recruit
So, I tried yet again a campaign. Some 60 hours later, I have own kingdom, 3 cities, 2 castles. So thought, maybe ill expand right. So approach a guy with good relations (10k infleunce spent bcs that thing just grows), get him to join and yes, 1,1 million for him and his sister. Thats a bargain. Their castle apparently remains in the enemy hands, so great.

Does anybody know of an actually viable way to recruit a clan to your side without having to bankrupt the entire map? Im kinda sick of having to pay up to 2 mils for clan of nobodies.

-R

So, I tried yet again a campaign. Some 60 hours later, I have own kingdom, 3 cities, 2 castles. So thought, maybe ill expand right. So approach a guy with good relations (10k infleunce spent bcs that thing just grows), get him to join and yes, 1,1 million for him and his sister. Thats a bargain. Their castle apparently remains in the enemy hands, so great.

Does anybody know of an actually viable way to recruit a clan to your side without having to bankrupt the entire map? Im kinda sick of having to pay up to 2 mils for clan of nobodies.

-R
Yes.
It was introduced in 1.6.4
Hire a companion and talk to them,it'll appear an option to promote them.
From there you need to give them 1 fief,20K denars to form a loyal clan to you and 500 influence

You choose their clan name.
They get noble equipment from the game and 2 other members which will help govern the fief and 2 parties on the map.
I believe there's no shortage to how many clans you can form.
Also I'd suggest you give them a bit more gold(30K more) so they won't have income issue and to be able to upgrade the troops easily.

Honestly this is the best option you have.
I suggest you promote a companion with Tactics/Steward/Combat Abilities,you can train them before you make the kingdom and have them ready to go in combat.
I say combat abilities are the least important,it's just that when you go in manuakl battles they should be able to hold on their own.

Hello, yes I am aware of that. But thats just xD Its on my on-to-do lists, but i like having my own companions in my own 600 strong army. But yeah. Also, is killing all other lords a way? Because right now I am very tempted to just clean every faction clean.

There will be so many companions everywhere if you progress in the game. So you won't have to use the ones you actually need. You can have merciful companions so you get a relationship boost whenever you spare a city. If you have enough people and you don't care about relationship loss, you can certainly clean the map.

Actually a wonder - if I make companion a clan mmber thing, does his companion position become vacant?
There will be so many companions everywhere if you progress in the game. So you won't have to use the ones you actually need. You can have merciful companions so you get a relationship boost whenever you spare a city. If you have enough people and you don't care about relationship loss, you can certainly clean the map.

So on the subject of appointing a party member to lead his own clan. Is it worth it to deck out the party member with super expensive armour and weapons before appointing him to lead his own clan or will that be a waste because he'll acquire his own gear?
Thank you for your precious time.

You should still recruit clans when you can in tandem with making new clans from wanderers. So keep track of who's fiefs you've taken away and release them to get clan relations, then when you have extra money try and recruit them. This way you use both you influence and wealth to keep building field power. This also helps your vassals not flip flop after they vote for war as more field power makes them hungry for more fiefs so wars last longer.... and if you continue to raise clans as you expand... well you become very powerful this way.

You should still recruit clans when you can in tandem with making new clans from wanderers. So keep track of who's fiefs you've taken away and release them to get clan relations, then when you have extra money try and recruit them. This way you use both you influence and wealth to keep building field power. This also helps your vassals not flip flop after they vote for war as more field power makes them hungry for more fiefs so wars last longer.... and if you continue to raise clans as you expand... well you become very powerful this way.
Thats the thing. I waged war against Vlandia Battania and Northern Empire, releasing everybody and not sieging. THen I spent over 10k influence in Battania to make everybody 100.

But not eager to give them city so it rebels.

Recruit lords of the city culture and give them all the cities and castles of that culture until you recruit more of that culture, you can revoke fiefs from them and the fief less lords will appear on the voting ballads with high priority. You can even recruit wanderers of the targeted culture and ennoble them.
I would recommend the Diplomacy mod for it is messengers feature, that way you can look up who you wanna hire and send them a messenger instead of having to cross the entire map to maybe find them still in that tavern.
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/832?tab=description&BH=0

Back
Top Bottom