Are Children still clones?

Users who are viewing this thread

volovos

Recruit
Are clan's children still all clones?
I haven't played in a while since this specific bug bothered me and hasn't been fixed since early access came out.

I think fee can answer that. The number of updates and patches makes people start new games.
I used the adoption mod. Even those looked the same, when the lads came from the same culture.

Are clan's children still all clones?
I haven't played in a while since this specific bug bothered me and hasn't been fixed since early access came out.
They are clones, because when a child is born, the game copies the template(to 100%) of their father/mother, sons get the template of ther father and daughters get the template of their mother.

They need something in place for the option to change the kids' culture (be it with influence, one of their aging up options, or random ratio between husband/wife/kingdom alliance/towns owned). Culture isn't genetic (and that of the mother only).

They need something in place for the option to change the kids' culture (be it with influence, one of their aging up options, or random ratio between husband/wife/kingdom alliance/towns owned). Culture isn't genetic (and that of the mother only).
According to the Devs the Culture will be changed to father only.

Should probably be that sliders are individually chosen randomly from either that of the mother or father - to replicate inheriting from either mother or father. Father's nose, mothers eye colour, father's jaw shape, mothers ear size... etc.

Culture isn't inherited tho. It should probably be what ever the clan is.

According to the Devs the Culture will be changed to father only.
We will still end up the the exact position as we have currently but just changing the sex. So the only way to change cultures is playing a female; either starting off as one or taking over the daughter (while they are still young and you can't marry them off).
Should probably be that sliders are individually chosen randomly from either that of the mother or father - to replicate inheriting from either mother or father. Father's nose, mothers eye colour, father's jaw shape, mothers ear size... etc.

Culture isn't inherited tho. It should probably be what ever the clan is.
The face mix thing might be cool, not sure how complicated that is to put in place and how it might affect many mods out there that tinker with face adjustments.

But yes, culture should not be genetic, either it's:
  • the clan leader/player's culture (fully restrictive)
  • current kingdom's culture (adaptive)
  • mix ratio between husband/wife (selective randomness) - my preferred solution, maybe a perk modifier to swing the ratio
  • influence/education based (completely selective) - choose where your kid grows up (war/peace TBD) in one of their stage notification options; give another reason to spend those influence bucks

And have daughters with their fathers' jawlines? Please noooooo!
Mixing dads and moms.... I don't want to see the third generation!

If you would add some small randomness to the outlook of mom (if daughter) or dad (if son), then that I think would be great. And one generation later you could sometimes move towards the looks of your granddad or grandmom, then that would keep the family-line looks getting too far from the ancestors.

Back
Top Bottom