Are banners still not in the game???

Users who are viewing this thread

Goyyyio

Sergeant
Just wondering...? I just saw this mod

And I thought... Oh yeah, Bannerlord still doesn't have banners right? Why is that?

And I thought... Oh yeah, Bannerlord still doesn't have banners right? Why is that?
SvVQH.png
Well, I was not gonna bring this to forums but since you opened a thread about the video.
This comment made by Bloc in the comment section of the video you shared. Here is the translation of the part with the red boxes.

"The fact that nothing is added to the game is because the game entered the period called feature freeze months ago and the resources were transferred to other projects. One hundred percent of the Taleworlds team are not dealing with Bannerlord, and the number of people working on Bannerlord is seriously low. It would be naive to expect a big feature in future updates. Of course, what I mean by big feature are things like deep diplomacy and intrigues that aren't cheesy like a barber."

This is google translation version of the part with red boxes. I checked the meaning and it is pretty accurate so I will not translate it myself.

Not commenting about TW's organisation and future projects strategy but regarding the banners, Duh explained several times that they are linked with other mechanics (banner bearers and effects on troops). Which apparently is one of the reasons we still don't have our banners in game.
But they are coming, no stress... just a question of time...

Not commenting about TW's organisation and future projects strategy but regarding the banners, Duh explained several times that they are linked with other mechanics (banner bearers and effects on troops). Which apparently is one of the reasons we still don't have our banners in game.
Wasn't that comment made a year/years ago?

Honestly I always found that statement to be pure :poop: because they couldn't put in non-functioning banners as placeholders and added functionality in later.

Honestly I always found that statement to be pure :poop: because they couldn't put in non-functioning banners as placeholders and added functionality in later.
Yeah for sure, they could at least release the cosmetic part.
It'd be cool if you could place a Banner or Banner holder unit/herald and that's where your reinforcements would appear.
That sounds like an interesting mechanic.
Killing the bearer could impact the reinforcement in some other aspects as well (slower reinforcement rate, spawn point moved to the edge of the map etc...)

If banners with special banner bearers probably with functions will be officially implemented then some mods with current self designed banners surely will be changed.
Also i want 'now' much many more (without any irony), it is a matter of time and will be probably implemented. But also probably... not this year.
So if many mod makers wait for further bannerlord development it is not something really bad it is more the thought that now something placed ingame (more or less as improvisation) will be totally obsolete in not really far future.

SvVQH.png
Well, I was not gonna bring this to forums but since you opened a thread about the video.
This comment made by Bloc in the comment section of the video you shared. Here is the translation of the part with the red boxes.

"The fact that nothing is added to the game is because the game entered the period called feature freeze months ago and the resources were transferred to other projects. One hundred percent of the Taleworlds team are not dealing with Bannerlord, and the number of people working on Bannerlord is seriously low. It would be naive to expect a big feature in future updates. Of course, what I mean by big feature are things like deep diplomacy and intrigues that aren't cheesy like a barber."

This is google translation version of the part with red boxes. I checked the meaning and it is pretty accurate so I will not translate it myself.

No wonder the last couple of patches were seriously lacking....

Maybe I am wrong, but bloc seems to me just an angry modder. S/he is maybe just frustrated with negative feedback towards Her/Him demand about the modding section and tried to come up with a reasonable answer.
I remember when the first another game project rumors aroused, Callum confirmed that bannerlord was the main focus. However, I am not currently sure about the state anymore. Would be good to hear a confirmation from @Dejan or smo else.

SvVQH.png

Oh wow...

SvVQH.png

Lmao, for goodness' sake.

Back
Top Bottom