Archiving the Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Archiving the Suggestions

I was aboutta make a suggestion thread about "Alliances" but then my hope and enthusiasm faded away and I stopped typing and I started to work on this thread, I will explain why. Players made a lot of nice and quality suggestions which interacted by tremendous and considerable amount of people in forum but they were never responded by a developer nor a staff member yet. Not even a respond says that it will be adressed on. Sadly, I'm thinking that we're being ignored. I feel that not mentioning @mexxico would be very ungrateful and he was literally involved in most of the threads, listened to people, asked us what we want and worked hard on snowball problem. I understand TaleWorlds as well because thousands and thousands of suggestions raining on them and they eventually started ignoring. We know that TaleWorlds is working so hard to fix crashes and working on major changes but they can atleast archive the suggestions to discuss them in future and upcoming meetings. An archive is needed to be created and staff should only take the suggestions that makes sense. Bannerlord is a game played by millions of people and we're 1k minority in forum so we shall not decide for their stead, staff should only take the suggestions that they see makes sense, not the most interacted. By saying that, don't think I imply we should ignore the most interacted suggestions, they should be adressed on but it should be reminded that we're 1k minority in a forum.

To TaleWorlds staff and manager and head of our community @Dejan, we know you're working so hard and has no time for suggestions that keeps raining each day some doesn't make sense and impossible to implement to game, but atleast archive the suggestions that could be implemented so they won't be made again and again.

With much respect,
Tulag

Last edited:
*but little did he knew, that this thread too would be ignored by TaleWorlds staff..*

I understand why they mostly keep so quiet about the suggestions. They do read them (allthough I dont know how many of them) but if they reply, there is allways the danger of raising false hopes and making others feel ignored and treated unfairly, since their suggestions didnt make it. Furthermore its simply more extra work, which they probably rather spend into creating Bannerlord. For something like this to work, the suggestions would have to be way more sieved out and selected, so that only senseable suggestions, which many people support and which are actually actionable get in some kind of list, which TW staff can go through and then only reply if they definitely came to the conclusion to implement that idea into the game. I think it would be possible, if ambitious people from the forum (maybe management) take care of it.

*but little did he knew, that this thread too would be ignored by TaleWorlds staff..*
Do you really think I made this post to draw attention from staff? Even 10 or 20 people have seen this it's more than enough for me. Also, my target audience is TaleWorlds forum members not the the staff. Yet, it would be cool if they'd read this.

I understand why they mostly keep so quiet about the suggestions. They do read them (allthough I dont know how many of them) but if they reply, there is allways the danger of raising false hopes and making others feel ignored and treated unfairly
They would have stated there was a situation like this, so we shall not speak for the staff's stead. Gotta be fair, this is a pretty good guess and this may be the reason that TaleWorlds doesn't reply every suggestion but recently they stopped responding even to threads that got the most interaction.
Such as this:
Furthermore its simply more extra work, which they probably rather spend into creating Bannerlord.
Developers are the only ones tasked for developing the game. Forum staff has nothing to do with developing the game. High ranked forum staff can deal with suggestion archiving and such.

For something like this to work, the suggestions would have to be way more sieved out and selected, so that only senseable suggestions, which many people support and which are actually actionable get in some kind of list, which TW staff can go through and then only reply if they definitely came to the conclusion to implement that idea into the game. I think it would be possible, if ambitious people from the forum (maybe management) take care of it.
Exactly.

Last edited:
A short forum search would have found two whole new boards unexpectedly named "Suggestions" for both SP and MP, but no, let's start a thread in DRAMATIC LETTERS and namedrop the most active dev and community guy because they have nothing better to do.
This is ironic as you complain about people making the same suggestions over and over. So stop.

Devs dont have to respond to threads. The fact that Mexxico does it is nothing but him being an absolute rockstar, since it's not part of his job.

As for suggestions, if people actually bothered to use the dedicated suggestion subforum, maybe it would be different. But since so many just post their ideas in the general forum, I'm not surprised even the community managers cannot be bothered.

I just remembered there are the top suggestion sticky threads. Allthough they don't seem to be taken good care of at the moment, this should be exactly the kind of sieving out and selecting we are looking for. Only thing we need now, is TW devs regularely taking a look at those, giving replies and feedback.
As you said, that is some kind of archive too. Would be cool if the threads in the "top suggestions" replied and taken care of regularly.

Devs dont have to respond to threads. The fact that Mexxico does it is nothing but him being an absolute rockstar, since it's not part of his job.
I know, it's forum staff's work and I agree that mexxico is an paramount legend.

As for suggestions, if people actually bothered to use the dedicated suggestion subforum, maybe it would be different. But since so many just post their ideas in the general forum, I'm not surprised even the community managers cannot be bothered.
That doesn't make any difference. Forum staff are moving the threads to the that dedicated section and not a thing changes. They're ignored in that section aswell. SP suggestion sub-forum filled with suggestions (some is most interacted and got 5-6k views and above 50 feedbacks) but they're not taken care of. Even an answer that says "No, it won't be implemented" would be enough.

A short forum search would have found two whole new boards unexpectedly named "Suggestions" for both SP and MP, but no, let's start a thread in DRAMATIC LETTERS and namedrop the most active dev and community guy because they have nothing better to do.
This is ironic as you complain about people making the same suggestions over and over. So stop.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

They don't have to, but they should. Mexxico being active alone has contributed so much to the interplay between players feedback and development, which is extremely important. Imagine how much things could improve if even more developers act like him. Its in the devs interest too, to keep in touch with the community and its kind of part of their job afterall, since they get their money from happy players.

SP suggestion sub-forum filled with suggestions (some is most interacted and got 5-6k views and above 50 feedbacks) but they're not taken care of.
Please do let me know of the threads you believe should get on the list, you can do this by replying with a link and a short explanation in either of the MP or SP suggestions list threads, that's one of the reasons they are there as it says here
You can now formally suggest threads or request a review by leaving a reply in this thread using the template below:
Other than that, even though us moderators aren't part of the company itself, Dejan has been really active in that subforum as soon as he became a community manager, so we do have an official visiting and responding to suggestions (even 0 reply ones) which are in line with the company's vision, something myself and other moderators can't be sure of, as we're not employees, so we focus mostly on positive activity tresholds.

Also, there is a decent amount of duplicate suggestions, that never seem to stop, but there is a possible solution in horizon for that too, as no human can regularly track and merge that amount of duplicate suggestions often with misleading differing titles. I do try.

EDIT: almost forgot the most important thing, there was talk about something like this by Dejan here
Part of my day-to-day activities is gathering suggestions from the designated areas and relaying them to the developers during dedicated suggestion meetings. There is currently no official thread listing suggestions that have been rejected or approved but I'll bring up the idea internally.

Last edited:
Also, there is a decent amount of duplicate suggestions, that never seem to stop, but there is a possible solution in horizon for that too, as no human can regularly track and merge that amount of duplicate suggestions often with misleading differing titles. I do try.

What would that possible solution entail, if I may inquire?

What would that possible solution entail, if I may inquire?
people tend to post feedback in their own threads without checking the existing ones which would require heavy moderation. When we migrate to XenForo 2.2 we'll get the feature "Similar threads" that lists similar threads based on the thread title when creating a new thread. Hopefully, that will decrease the number of essentially "clone" threads.
From here

I understand why they mostly keep so quiet about the suggestions. They do read them (allthough I dont know how many of them) but if they reply, there is allways the danger of raising false hopes and making others feel ignored and treated unfairly, since their suggestions didnt make it. Furthermore its simply more extra work, which they probably rather spend into creating Bannerlord. For something like this to work, the suggestions would have to be way more sieved out and selected, so that only senseable suggestions, which many people support and which are actually actionable get in some kind of list, which TW staff can go through and then only reply if they definitely came to the conclusion to implement that idea into the game. I think it would be possible, if ambitious people from the forum (maybe management) take care of it.

I FEEL like we should be engaged. We are the customers, and if they say, hey, your suggestion isnt feasible for X,Y,Z. Maybe we can propose a slightly different feature.

I get it. They are teh experts, its their game and there are lots of considerations, and 1 think can break the game (the game is very complex indeed, its is a pretty great game - alas, there were many earlier bannerlords we could have played years sooner, but i digress..)

+1 on whatever you wrote, i didnt read it sorry

Back
Top Bottom