[Archive] Bug Reports/ Crashes [Read OP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanti said:
Perisno Version: 0.52
Description: Messages disapear. All messages (information about damage etc. during battle and events on the campaign map are not shown.
Steps to reproduce: play game.
Look at the text log from notes and if you see invalid opcode errors report them here.

I have a hunch it has something to do with savegame compatibility of the 0.52 patch. To be safe, please play a new game I don't think it will happen again.

Fanti said:
Description: Messages disapear. All messages (information about damage etc. during battle and events on the campaign map are not shown.

I have seen this happen on other mods, may not be the same problem, but this can happen if there are a lot of messages, usually during a battle, and the buffer gets full and output ceases. Try pressing backspace on and off if the text ceases during a battle, that will usually clears the buffer and the text flows again, (assuming that is the problem).

Edit: I mean press the backspace key twice (battle screen on then off)

Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Look at the text log from notes and if you see invalid opcode errors report them here.

Hups, quick reaction. But I'm obviously a barbarian from the woods of the north. Where do i find the text log? I've been searching but no success.

Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

I have seen this happen on other mods, may not be the same problem, but this can happen if there are a lot of messages, usually during a battle, and the buffer gets full and output ceases. Try pressing backspace on and off if the text ceases during a battle, that will usually clears the buffer and the text flows again, (assuming that is the problem).

Thanks, but it didn't help.

Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

Press "L" in battle to access the text log or  go to Notes >Log.

Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

Thank you once again. Log notes this:
Unrecognized Opcode 2082: LINE NO 252
At script: store_battlegroup_data

Fanti said:
Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

I do not know how that is fixed. I think there are just to many messages shown at once, and it blanks out. But alas I shall look into it.

Michadr said:
Fanti said:
Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

I do not know how that is fixed. I think there are just to many messages shown at once, and it blanks out. But alas I shall look into it.

Thank you once more. I've had the same problem with other mods and found a solution: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112357.45.html
But it doesn't work on this one.

Description:The freelancer leader, where you have the option to recruit freelancer troops, has in the dialog Recruit Archers 2 times (for hiring 5 of the desired troop type, infantry, cavalry or archers)  infantry are named archers in the buy/recruit menu at their leader.

Steps to reproduce:check the freelancer leader

Michadr said:
Fanti said:
Something unusual said:
Fanti said:
Yozzer said:
Fanti said:

this is a bug from the game ( M&B warband) and any mods I played so far, easyest way to reduce the chance of dissapearing messages is to reduce the messages that show in battle, aka shot difficulty, damage, etc

i usualy leave on just the option that shows casualtys

also if u want to reproduce the bug, enable cheat mode go into an enemy troop of over 100 enemies and spam ctrl+f4 = screen will be overloaded with messages about damage/deaths etc that the game decides to stop showing them.
i tested this on all mods i played and native and same results = it is a bug from the core game and not the mod :smile:

Hi, i have try almost all there fixes, dowloanded again mod set at low grapich and try others, but i still get crash in battle or when i press charge enemy

That's supposed to be fixed but I will upload a fix later for you testers.
Also might want to remove that savegame link, even though it won't be compatibile just make sure. I can test it on my own computer to see

Something unusual said:
That's supposed to be fixed but I will upload a fix later for you testers.
Also might want to remove that savegame link, even though it won't be compatibile just make sure. I can test it on my own computer to see

ok i will remove it, was trying to abide by the format ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom