Archery is the most OP thing in this game, and it makes the game supremely boring and one dimensional.

Which faction has the most OP archers?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't want to stop you guys on your Warband-Train (I loved that game btw...) but we're not getting it back. Classes are here to stay. So we should focus on how to balance this and not constantly cry out that in Warband this would be no issue.
Rolling over and accepting mediocrity isn't good for anybody.

This could have been said about every other **** mechanic Bannerlord has introduced, but at this point, I cannot see Taleworlds not realizing that they've ****ed up with those, class system included.
Regardless of what Tork might tell you, most people who've played Bannerlord multiplayer clearly didn't like what they got, since player counts are in free fall. I refuse to believe that Taleworlds are stubborn enough to still think they're on the right track, and that simple balance updates, new perks and ****ing paid skins will somehow increase player retention.
That old piece of **** Warband MP managed to maintain a healthy player count for a decade. Bannerlord which came out just a few months ago is already struggling comparatively, with an ever smaller proportion of its playerbase playing MP.

So no, accepting this class system that was designed for a gamemode no one gives a **** about is not the right way to go. Even if the combat somehow ever gets fixed, the class system will always be a massive issue looming over everything else, since it's so integral to the way M&B multiplayer is formatted. I don't believe that Bannerlord MP will ever reach meaningful success if Taleworlds don't get rid of it.

And if they don't, then I guess they must think that paid skins are worth the inconvenience of creating a poorly designed game on purpose, since at this point I can only assume the reason Taleworlds are sticking to their guns with the class system is to shove in micro-transactions, even if that means compromising its quality. To fund multiplayer more development of course.

I wish this thought had never even crossed my mind, but at this point I'm so disillusioned with Taleworlds that this wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that Taleworlds are stubborn enough to still think they're on the right track, and that simple balance updates, new perks and ****ing paid skins will somehow increase player retention.

I don't know. I am not having the feeling that they are going to touch the class system.
All they need to do right now, is simply say they are going back and a lot of players would be on MP simply in anticipation.
You know, I never really had a problem with the class system and I believe they can balance the game around it. I didn't have the chance to play for a month now, but even before that multiplayer was starting to feel empty.
So while I don't have a problem with classes, balance or stances and wonky combat, I do have a problem with empty servers. Especially, after I just started to being a joyful part of the MP community during beta.
I don't really care how TW can motivate players to come back but please do it somehow. Even if they have to bring back classes.
Honestly, it is kind of TW own mistake to release MP in that state with crashing siege servers and stupid, random combat. The beta players have talked about that for month before EA started.
And please don't comment that beta players were crying, demanding assholes that treated the devs bad, because there were lot's of nice and friendly players, too.
OGL comes to my mind. Or Charlini. Axios had a good thread about spears. And even with salty people like Younes or Noudelle, it doesn't change the fact that they were right. Noudelle and Gab had loads of good threads that were ignored. And lastly, TW kind of enforced being a ****.
Looking at my Beta recap, where I spent hours going through old threads, ranting threads were usually the ones getting most reactions from TW.
That all being said, I love TW and it's devs and I have all the possible respect for them as persons and SP is on it's way to become a really awesome game, but MP is dying.
Please fix.

Aww ****. I guess I just joined the dark side.

Last edited:
+1 to this catching developer eyes because there is a direct correlation between these problems and how few people are still playing multiplayer

[...]
Aww ****. I guess I just joined the dark side.
:lol:
Palpatine-Laughing.gif

As far as combat is concerned, everything has been said and as far as server problems are concerned, I think it must be complicated to set up this type of infrastructure from scratch (I am more lax about that).
As for the classes, it's fine; we understand that "they are here to stay", however the question we must ask them is where do we place them? We have talked at length about it and Taleworlds has not made any pronouncements about it; perhaps a hybrid system? For skirmish and captain it is understandable a system of predefined classes; for the rest of the modes...oh boy; what people want is customization; to feel different. If Taleworlds considers bringing that concept of "feeling different" to the player through "full skins"; boy, I don't think that's the best strategy. Warband and its item pool works infinitely better; do not want to reinvent the wheel. If Warband was a wooden five-spoke wheel that spun perfectly, you don't want to transform Bannerlord into a triangular stone wheel that barely spins (I'm a craftsman today :smile:).

It's not being salty.

Its being the crew on top deck of a boat, screaming downdeck where taleworlds is putting coal inside the machine that they are about to hit an iceberg and can not steer away but to still continue to feed coal to the engine because a few people are saying that its all fine.

Okay maybe it was salt, but only when we were about to hit the iceberg.

Can you blame people to be angry when many people including me foresaw what was about to happen?

I'm starting to think that MP games behind a significant paywall won't result in a successful scene in 2020. Almost every popular game nowadays is free, for good reason.

Also, classes aren't the main problem. The main problem is the lack of fun. It doesn't feel good to play for veteran players or new players. In any game, organizational structures like classes are secondary to the baseline mechanics.

not true beeflips hancock and i be triple hs all day ?

I meant triple headshot = triple kill for frag moments.

Rolling over and accepting mediocrity isn't good for anybody.

This could have been said about every other **** mechanic Bannerlord has introduced, but at this point, I cannot see Taleworlds not realizing that they've ****ed up with those, class system included.
Regardless of what Tork might tell you, most people who've played Bannerlord multiplayer clearly didn't like what they got, since player counts are in free fall. I refuse to believe that Taleworlds are stubborn enough to still think they're on the right track, and that simple balance updates, new perks and ****ing paid skins will somehow increase player retention.
That old piece of **** Warband MP managed to maintain a healthy player count for a decade. Bannerlord which came out just a few months ago is already struggling comparatively, with an ever smaller proportion of its playerbase playing MP.

So no, accepting this class system that was designed for a gamemode no one gives a **** about is not the right way to go. Even if the combat somehow ever gets fixed, the class system will always be a massive issue looming over everything else, since it's so integral to the way M&B multiplayer is formatted. I don't believe that Bannerlord MP will ever reach meaningful success if Taleworlds don't get rid of it.

And if they don't, then I guess they must think that paid skins are worth the inconvenience of creating a poorly designed game on purpose, since at this point I can only assume the reason Taleworlds are sticking to their guns with the class system is to shove in micro-transactions, even if that means compromising its quality. To fund multiplayer more development of course.

I wish this thought had never even crossed my mind, but at this point I'm so disillusioned with Taleworlds that this wouldn't surprise me.
I understand you completely, I agree to it and what I meant by this is that we can discuss this even more, but we won't be heard. That doesn't mean that I like it, I accept it the way it is, for the sake of going forward. If this system is to stay, we can moan, complaint and rant about it as long and as much as we like - it will not change anything.

Maybe, just maybe - that is my glimpse of hope at least - we can get to something which we can enjoy with this class system if it's at least balanced and restrictions,like they were put in place for the upcoming BEAST tournament will then not be necessary.

I understand you completely, I agree to it and what I meant by this is that we can discuss this even more, but we won't be heard. That doesn't mean that I like it, I accept it the way it is, for the sake of going forward. If this system is to stay, we can moan, complaint and rant about it as long and as much as we like - it will not change anything.

Maybe, just maybe - that is my glimpse of hope at least - we can get to something which we can enjoy with this class system if it's at least balanced and restrictions,like they were put in place for the upcoming BEAST tournament will then not be necessary.
There's no going forward with this class system. Only stagnant mediocrity at best.

Back
Top Bottom