Archery is the most OP thing in this game, and it makes the game supremely boring and one dimensional.

Which faction has the most OP archers?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly remove directional shield blocking because sometimes that will punish infantry if they are trying to block quickly vs a archer. buff shields vs arrows. Add Athletics, Power draw etc into the game then reduce the dmg of bows to compensate for Power draw and etc. Make it so Archers have 0 Riding. Nerf costs of Archer and armor values for archers down to like 20 for all the high level archers so improved armor gets them to like 28 maybe. Cause atm the most broken class for archer/ranged is vlandia and thats cause its 140 gold and if they snowball they can spawn 3 times as xbowmen.

Honestly remove directional shield blocking because sometimes that will punish infantry if they are trying to block quickly vs a archer. buff shields vs arrows. Add Athletics, Power draw etc into the game then reduce the dmg of bows to compensate for Power draw and etc. Make it so Archers have 0 Riding. Nerf costs of Archer and armor values for archers down to like 20 for all the high level archers so improved armor gets them to like 28 maybe. Cause atm the most broken class for archer/ranged is vlandia and thats cause its 140 gold and if they snowball they can spawn 3 times as xbowmen
yes pls

EDIT: In Captain mode archers are kinda bad. If anyone read the OP and thought it was about Captain idk what to say.

Archery is very strong... as a result of shields and infantry being too weak.

Playing as archer, there's no exciting moment of skill expression where you get a triple headshot, for example.
not true beeflips hancock and i be triple hs all day ?

also imo its not archers being op themselves its inf being weaker then they were in warband ( DirEctIONal blOCkinG, less armor then archer classes in some cases) and its also just people not being able to counter it. Take OG for exmaple, they can counter archers pretty effectively by using something called ranged weapons OR cavalry ! to balance everything just lower armor, damage is fine IMO like its not broken, make the max armor for archers like 25 on all classes? OR JUST GO BACK TO WARBAND VERSION OF CLASS PICKING. anyways also stop being bad

also imo its not archers being op themselves its inf being weaker then they were in warband ( DirEctIONal blOCkinG, less armor then archer classes in some cases) and its also just people not being able to counter it. Take OG for exmaple, they can counter archers pretty effectively by using something called ranged weapons OR cavalry ! to balance everything just lower armor, damage is fine IMO like its not broken, make the max armor for archers like 25 on all classes? OR JUST GO BACK TO WARBAND VERSION OF CLASS PICKING. anyways also stop being bad
Agree with you for the most part. I think a big part of it is inf being far too weak and slow. I think lower armor is the best way to handle tanky archers in melee (or better yet go back to warband class system as you say). There's a lot more systemic game problems that culminate in archers being OP, not necessarily archers by themselves.

also imo its not archers being op themselves its inf being weaker then they were in warband ( DirEctIONal blOCkinG, less armor then archer classes in some cases) and its also just people not being able to counter it.

This is the correct take (not commenting on rest of post)

Infantry shields are useless to the nth degree, which forms the main problem with bannerlord currently.

Third person aim correction needs to go for starters. It's a bit silly how much easier it makes archery, all you have to do is point at someone and click, and your arrow will go exactly there.

Adjusting for range was a great and intuitive learning curve for archery in Warband. In Bannerlord, I get cross-map headshot by just about anyone.

You need to be incredibly good to make Archers "OP". They are just strong otherwise. A larger shield hitbox (only to arrows) should fix it.

There is arrow drop, and quite a lot of it from what I've seen, but taleworlds made the decision to have autoaim which automatically adjusts your firing angle based on where you're shooting, and then enable it by default.

This

+Reloads are way too fast. Bows are machine guns currently. Increase drawing the arrow from quiver and knocking animation duration 3X. Also increase bow draw time slightly 1.5X

+Same for crossbow (2nd part of the reload animation taking bolt out from quiver and placing it behind the string on the crossbow) character is not movement locked during these animations and that’s a good thing.

Also the engine needs to make a distinction between bolts and arrows. Crossbow bolt air-friction coefficient needs to be increased 2.5X to 3X. They shoot way too flat

Honestly remove directional shield blocking because sometimes that will punish infantry if they are trying to block quickly vs a archer. buff shields vs arrows. Add Athletics, Power draw etc into the game then reduce the dmg of bows to compensate for Power draw and etc. Make it so Archers have 0 Riding. Nerf costs of Archer and armor values for archers down to like 20 for all the high level archers so improved armor gets them to like 28 maybe. Cause atm the most broken class for archer/ranged is vlandia and thats cause its 140 gold and if they snowball they can spawn 3 times as xbowmen.
Honestly just import Warband's system with Bannerlord's graphics

I don't want to stop you guys on your Warband-Train (I loved that game btw...) but we're not getting it back. Classes are here to stay. So we should focus on how to balance this and not constantly cry out that in Warband this would be no issue.

I don't want to stop you guys on your Warband-Train (I loved that game btw...) but we're not getting it back. Classes are here to stay. So we should focus on how to balance this and not constantly cry out that in Warband this would be no issue.
The issue I have is the fact its extremely if not borderline impossible to balance because you can spawn multiple times. For me and majority of the community the only reason I can see them having this system over Warbands is just to charge people money for skins and etc to change how a class looks. I agree its so unlikely they will change it so we either got to accept it or wait for a mod. But its just depressing because a lot of the core issues with balance atm comes from the class system. So your saying we should focus on how to balance but the issue is the class system is actively ruining balance thats literary the reason why any skrimish/battle player wants Warbands loadout system back.

Pretend like there hasn't been an almost one year beta with countless suggestions for it.

Back
Top Bottom