Archery is the most OP thing in this game, and it makes the game supremely boring and one dimensional.

Which faction has the most OP archers?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There is arrow drop, and quite a lot of it from what I've seen, but taleworlds made the decision to have autoaim which automatically adjusts your firing angle based on where you're shooting, and then enable it by default.
This. The aiming reticule is basically "zeroed" in on a certain range at all times, which generally happens to be around the sweet spot where archers function best out of the three main classes (10-30m). This means you can just aim at someone's feet who is 20m away from you, and the arrow will land there.
I think even just moving back to Warband's aiming (you shoot straight in the direction of the reticule) would make archers feel more fair. Perhaps a slight accuracy nerf, and you're good. Archery would still be powerful, but would require more actual skill with aiming than it does now.
Oh, and "every class can pick up any item and mount any horse" is dumb and should be removed.

I’d listen to surreal, stat wise he is the number one seeded Na player of all time :fruity:. On a serious note it’s incredibly disheartening to be in a melee and be as weak as you are in bannerlord. Cav destroys you, archers destroy you, and your sword does no damage and swobo combat is really simple and not in a good way

Surreal destroying with FACTS and LOGIC.

Memes aside this is one of more relevant and articulated analyses of MP imbalances. Taleworlds please consider having a look in to the archery issue.

I dont understand why Fiann costs 160 gold preventing someone from going it twice yet Sharpshooter only costs 140 and it has better melee and stronger ranged option.. Some of these gold values make me think that the Devs who envisioned the balance and tested it amongst themselves are actually bad players and probably thought something along the lines of "2 HANDED SWORD DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE BRRR" "SHARPSHOOTER TAKE SO LONG TO RELOAD"

Agreed with archery being OP but not your solution of increasing magic forcefields. Instead, for mail chausses and above, arrows to the legs shouldn't matter, just have them bounce off.

Agreed with archery being OP but not your solution of increasing magic forcefields. Instead, for mail chausses and above, arrows to the legs shouldn't matter, just have them bounce off.

And increase the gulf between **** classes and good classes more. Armour is already so valuable in the game.

You keep brining up magic forcefields but you have no problem with every archer magically hitting every single shot with pinpoint accuracy and at semi-automatic rifle speeds.

The biggest annoyance for me as an infantry player:
Infantry needs to move faster than archers to fix infinite kiting like it was in warband and they need lower armor
is not being able to catch the ****ers after I've finally gotten close enough to pose a threat. They turn tail and run, which is fine if they have allies around the corner or something, but on a big map like Trading Post I've literally chased archers from one side to the other, no one has intervened and it's boring as ****. Give us a catch up mechanic or give infantry a bonus movement outside of combat that ramps up.

Infantry needs to move faster than archers to fix infinite kiting like it was in warband and they need lower armor
This was done for a reason back then. Initially archers could run away as well like here now.

is not being able to catch the ****ers after I've finally gotten close enough to pose a threat. They turn tail and run, which is fine if they have allies around the corner or something, but on a big map like Trading Post I've literally chased archers from one side to the other, no one has intervened and it's boring as ****. Give us a catch up mechanic or give infantry a bonus movement outside of combat that ramps up.
this!!!!

And increase the gulf between **** classes and good classes more. Armour is already so valuable in the game.

You keep brining up magic forcefields but you have no problem with every archer magically hitting every single shot with pinpoint accuracy and at semi-automatic rifle speeds.

+1 for a catch-up mechanic

Yeah I wasn't advocating for magic shadow shield coverage, but I think a solution of having armor actually acting like armor would be best. The only thing that should pierce an improved armor legionary or sergeant should be a longbow, crossbow, or stronger bow at short range.

EDIT: In Captain mode archers are kinda bad. If anyone read the OP and thought it was about Captain idk what to say.

Archery is very strong... as a result of shields and infantry being too weak.

Playing as archer, there's no exciting moment of skill expression where you get a triple headshot, for example. Other FPS or shooter classes in other games are based around these moments, and are what make them exciting and fun. The damage from archers is done over time, which stacks up to be very strong, but ultimately doesn't feel that rewarding for the archer.

Obviously, it doesn't feel good as infantry either because you can't effectively counter an archer. You can play around their shot timing, but that only goes so far when you can't actually block shots.

On your points:

1. I'm confused as to why arrow drop is your first factor. The bows DO have a drop, the game adjusts their aim. If the default angle didn't account for drop, people would just aim higher. I don't see how this has much impact. It is also much more intuitive this way that your shot goes to the center of the reticule.

2. Hard agree. This is the primary factor to me. Buff shields and archery would be much less oppressive.

3. I've never seen the damage values that you're describing. I've double headshot infantry before and they lived, just farther reinforcing the lack of skill because you should aim for body shots. Archers don't do damage based on single shots, they get it over time because it's so easy to shoot people with the way shields are. I would describe this as continuous vs burst damage.

4. I certainly agree with regular archers mounting any horse. Infantry and ranged mounting horses in general is a huge problem and feels very gimmicky. You can spawn in as a peasant and loot a shield+lance+horse and use a 90g class as a 170g one.

5. Crossbows unlike bows do have good burst damage. Still, buffing shields would make them much less valuable. I don't think they're stronger than the Palatine/Veteran/Khan'sGuard. They might do less damage overall as their DPS is much lower.

Back
Top Bottom