Archers Not Firing

Users who are viewing this thread

After reporting archer not firing problem at the start of the week I realise that the main problem is that when battle start the Archers are to close to the infantry. First thing to do is to move them to a different position where they ''clear'' vision. If Talesworlds just make the archers start a bit away from the infantry like it will solve 80% of the situation where they dont shoot from start.

Second thing the time of the day and weather affect if they shoot ot not. (Logical)

Third the line of vision of the archer also affect if they shoot or not.(Logical)
How is the time of day and weather a logical factor in whether archers are firing or not? Even if it is night or dense fog if your commander tells you to shoot, you shoot the damn arrow. Even if they do not see the target (which they should even at night) we should be able to command our troops to shoot a target location. And if they are firing at will they should lose accuracy not range in worse conditions.

How is the time of day and weather a logical factor in whether archers are firing or not? Even if it is night or dense fog if your commander tells you to shoot, you shoot the damn arrow. Even if they do not see the target (which they should even at night) we should be able to command our troops to shoot a target location. And if they are firing at will they should lose accuracy not range in worse conditions.

I would be all in for that, excellent suggestion. At night they would have to lose a lot of accuracy tho to make it realistic. In a dark night even if someone ask you to shoot somewhere you can shoot but could land 300 foots from target.

Press 2, press F4 twice and move your infantry out of the way. Archers also hold fire by default in bandit hideouts so you don't give away your position.

I've noticed this to be a problem too. I'm not sure what the cause is but I think it needs to be tweaked a little.

The enemies seem to spawn closer and charge right at you, taking less time to hit your lines than in Warband - and I daresay less time than you would realistically have to pepper an opposing force with arrows (assuming you saw them coming). Then archers don't reliably fire, this could be a learning curve but I have yet to determine a good reason. Finally, when archers do fire the range is such that they have time to get only one or two volleys out before melee combat begins. Finally, headshots don't seem to be infliciting enough damage - it can take two headshots to bring a looter down from what I can see.

According to the patch notes this should be fixed:
"
Combat AI
  • Night debuffs, visibility limitation and extra aim error of ranged units have been removed.
"

Are you just saying this to be a contrarian? Its not good design for an entire part of your army to be useless due to the time of day.

They aren't useless, but much as a realistic modifier to effectiveness, archers firing AT NIGHT can't see stuff, so inaccuracy should be there. Maybe not taking away their firing at all, but inaccuracy for sure!

In battles I do not have the little circle banners displayed, and once in awhile have to hesitate my own firing for not being able to tell enemy from friend in broad daylight. And sometimes have friendly fired because I couldn't see clearly in the shadows. So for the AI to have a little taste of that is quite nice!

Why such a rude attitude of doubt about others' opinions? Is your ego that inflated?

I like this idea! Stealing it.

Back
Top Bottom