Archers Not Firing

Users who are viewing this thread

Try moving the archers and spread then put with loose formation, worked for me and now i dont really have the issue. Only in hideout ambushes but then you have to enable them to fire with f4 as they start with hold fire.

Yeah archers seem bugged. Not sure how changing formation helps for some, because I usually put them into loose formation as my first order, and they still just afk 1/5 times.

Archers won't fire if they don't have a clear line of fire, including friendlies stood in front of them (and note if their chosen target becomes obscured for any reason when they're drawing the bow, they just cancel the shot). Having them change to a looser formation and moving them around can help simply because it improves their sight lines.

Range is also considerably shorter than it was in Warband.

Archers won't fire if they don't have a clear line of fire, including friendlies stood in front of them (and note if their chosen target becomes obscured for any reason when they're drawing the bow, they just cancel the shot). Having them change to a looser formation and moving them around can help simply because it improves their sight lines.

Range is also considerably shorter than it was in Warband.
Archers still don't fire until nearly point blank range even with a clear line of sight about 70 percent of the time.

I tried couple 50v50 custom matches 100% archers and just watched. Their refusal to shoot seems to be absolutely random. Even with their line of fire not blocked etc. they sometimes wont shoot while being rained with arrows.

Archers still don't fire until nearly point blank range even with a clear line of sight about 70 percent of the time.
Like I said, range seems to be seriously reduced. The point they're firing at now only just gives them time for a single volley at cavalry before they get charged. Would make putting them behind a shieldwall somewhat useful if that didn't lead to their infamous side-to-side shimmy when they try and find a route to their target.

I tried couple 50v50 custom matches 100% archers and just watched. Their refusal to shoot seems to be absolutely random. Even with their line of fire not blocked etc. they sometimes wont shoot while being rained with arrows.
They don't seem to volley any more. I've not seen them not shooting (well, unless there's a reason) but I have noticed that even if you order them to hold fire, march them well within range and then order them to fire you'll get clusters of nine or ten shooting at a time rather than the entire group.

Like I said, range seems to be seriously reduced. The point they're firing at now only just gives them time for a single volley at cavalry before they get charged. Would make putting them behind a shieldwall somewhat useful if that didn't lead to their infamous side-to-side shimmy when they try and find a route to their target.

They don't seem to volley any more. I've not seen them not shooting (well, unless there's a reason) but I have noticed that even if you order them to hold fire, march them well within range and then order them to fire you'll get clusters of nine or ten shooting at a time rather than the entire group.

Their whole behaviour just feels worse than in Warband, and thats a sad step backwards to take.

In Warband my favourite thing to do is have a nice thick melee line that engages the enemy main force and cavalry, while my cavalry kills their archers, and my archers, I order to go behind the enemy melee engaged with my melee and shoot them in the back, I slaughter hundreds this way. But if the range is gimped, that won't really work, because the enemy back line will turn around and charge the archers if they are too close. Well, hopefully morgh's or something comes out and you can increase the range yourself.

The weather seems to have an influence on the range of friendly archers. In snow I find my guys shooting at rock throwing distance. (Yes, looters start throwing at the same time they start shooting)

Alternating battles for me. One they won't fire at all. The net they will. No change in formation or commands given. When they fire though, rock throwers usually start throwing before archers even start firing. This is bogus.

The weather seems to have an influence on the range of friendly archers. In snow I find my guys shooting at rock throwing distance. (Yes, looters start throwing at the same time they start shooting)

also night time battles seems to "block the view" im a big fan of archers trying to figure it out a bit. making the multiple groups spread them out and get them into loose formation solves alot but takes time to setup tho and enemies will be closer after that period of time. or just making them hold fire wait till animation is finished then use fire sometimes fixes it otherwise i just say charge lol

Back
Top Bottom