• Yes

Votes: 82 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • Buff Armor instead

Votes: 139 47.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

then the arrows need to one-shot kill or immediately knock out targets upon successful penetration, like in real life
It is Hollywood. An arrow is not a bullet. It rarely killed or knocked out someone with one shot.

STONE being thrown by the worst unit is able to deal a good chunk of damage against armored units let alone heavily armoured ones? Its silly
Easy, if it is a headshot.

You can make an army 100% of archers and win battles against equal force sizes and ranks on max settings while in most cases taking nearly no losses.

Yet people argue they are balanced. It's funny that they choose to die on that hill, because the archers won't.
They seem to be a pain to recruit in large numbers in single player especially during a war.

then the arrows need to one-shot kill or immediately knock out targets upon successful penetration, like in real life
Tell this guys about arrow one shot kill pls

f80b47d2896bba040153f2aacbf18a715b16dee851c6c507553065.jpg

Yep. It is a frkn tree.

They seem to be a pain to recruit in large numbers in single player especially during a war.

Archers are not difficult to recruit but they do work best in large numbers, especially the lower-tier types. Being inaccurate doesn't matter when there are 120 of them. Their bows being hot garbage matters somewhat, but even then, it is the difference between maybe four arrows to kill, definitely three arrows will kill and two-shot. And when you're getting hit with about eight hundred per minute, that difference really quickly becomes academic.

?
So they fixed the one handed weapon and replaced it with a 2 handed weapon?
Yep, although Fians have been heavily nerfed in general. I feel like you don't really need them anymore, Palatine Guards are very solid. Either them or Master Archers.

The Khuzait Archer is the baseline. Middle of the road at almost everything save for their good bows. Sturgian archers meanwhile still suck and lack identity.

Yep, although Fians have been heavily nerfed in general. I feel like you don't really need them anymore, Palatine Guards are very solid. Either them or Master Archers.

Palatine Guards are the worst mainline archers in the game. Same bow as Sturgians, marginally better arrows, same low skill as Kuzaits and worst of all they only get one stack of arrows. Anything is better then Palatine Guard. And by far the best mainline archers in the game are Asserai.

The Khuzait Archer is the baseline. Middle of the road at almost everything save for their good bows. Sturgian archers meanwhile still suck and lack identity.

Sturgian archers are much better then Palatine Guard and on par if not better then Kuzait archers.

Palatine Guards are the worst mainline archers in the game. Same bow as Sturgians, marginally better arrows, same low skill as Kuzaits and worst of all they only get one stack of arrows. Anything is better then Palatine Guard. And by far the best mainline archers in the game are Asserai.

Sturgian archers are much better then Palatine Guard and on par if not better then Kuzait archers.
Palatine guard are extremely easy to recruit on mass thanks to t2 availability. They are also the most heavily armoured archer in the game, allowing them to trade better at range and more than take care of themselves in melee. You can't ignore these advantages.

Battles also don't last long enough for quiver sizes to really matter either, so a lack of quiver doesn't mean as much as I'd like it to.

Also in 1.4.1 beta, they have been given a 160 bow skill, which is completely unnecessary.

And having done some experiments, I can assuredly tell you that no. Sturgian Archers have more arrows, but their arrows suck. I've done some tests and so far, they fail to impress.

The arrows only have a bit of damage added. Most damage comes from the bow.
True, but they just don't feel effective at all. A Khuzait Marksman has a better bow and better arrows. They do a lot better. The 140 archery that Vet Bowmen have doesn't do much, if anything at all.

True, but they just don't feel effective at all. A Khuzait Marksman has a better bow and better arrows. They do a lot better. The 140 archery that Vet Bowmen have doesn't do much, if anything at all.

Unless they enabled/fixed thing in the last three weeks (ish?) since I tested, BasicCharacterObjects -- your unnamed masses of troops -- derive no benefit from weapon skills. None. Athletics works though, so you can watch looters move like Usain Bolt or similar but the weapon skills have no discernible impact.

I didn't believe it at first (but I was suspicious when fixing the Khuzait Heavy Lancer's stats had no real change on their performance) so I tested it myself and yup, didn't matter.

Unless they enabled/fixed thing in the last three weeks (ish?) since I tested, BasicCharacterObjects -- your unnamed masses of troops -- derive no benefit from weapon skills. None. Athletics works though, so you can watch looters move like Usain Bolt or similar but the weapon skills have no discernible impact.

I didn't believe it at first (but I was suspicious when fixing the Khuzait Heavy Lancer's stats had no real change on their performance) so I tested it myself and yup, didn't matter.
Its definitely a thought I've been considering, although I'm not entirely sure about it myself. I'll perform a definite test for myself tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom