Archers in Bannerlord Vs Archers in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Thistle

Veteran
I've noticed that archers in bannerlord, whether it be sp or mp are far better than in warband- and in many cases OP. Reasons for this include:
-Cav bumping makes the player being bumped lie static with his shield down for several seconds
-shooting is much easier
-shields have been made less op aka headshots and footshots are possible (no more forcefields for shields)
-heavy archer armour is incredibly OP AND they also have in many cases (Khan Guard, Fiann)
I decided to make a video to show of how much better archery is now which is both good and bad, good because the actual archery animations are sooo much better but they are a little OP. Would love to hear people's thoughts on whether archery is no too easy.

Edit- archery sounds may actually be better in warband.

Suggestions of how to fix archers/archery-
  1. Drop its armor a bit
  2. Make it so archer players must account for arrow drop when aiming
  3. Lower movement speed to below heavy inf
  4. Nerf passive shield protection (Needs a massive nerf) so that shields don't have any invisible range outside of the model while not being actively held up, shields should barely give any protection if it's not being held up.
  5. Potentially remove shields and 2h from some archer classes

Last edited:
Shooting is NOT more accurate. Why does nobody get this. Warband archers have a MUCH smaller cone of fire. You think archery is more accurate because the game is polite and has the crosshairs properly line up vertically where the arrow actually goes. Not needing to vertically correct based on distance does NOT equal more accurate. It just means its easier for new players.

why is a singleplayer video in the multiplayer thread

the devs really need to control who they listen to
The 2d half is mp, before being snarky try watching the whole video or just skip to the 2nd half. I don't see a thread for things in sp and mp so I decided to put it in the mp thread, shoot me.

Shooting is NOT more accurate. Why does nobody get this. Warband archers have a MUCH smaller cone of fire. You think archery is more accurate because the game is polite and has the crosshairs properly line up vertically where the arrow actually goes. Not needing to vertically correct based on distance does NOT equal more accurate. It just means its easier for new players.
In my sp experience it seems to me that their accuracy really is improved I get that they don't use crosshairs because they're ai.

Its not more accurate, its way easier tho

I probably worded my statements badly, but it's agreed that they are better than in warband in sp and MP?

How to balance archer for multiplayer
  1. Drop its armor a bit
  4. Extend active shield protection closer to the bottom of legs
  5. Nerf passive shield protection (Needs a massive nerf) so that shields don't have any invisible range outside of the model while not being actively held up, shields should barely give any protection if it's not being held up.
  6. Potentially remove shields and 2h from some archer classes
Archer is one of the few consistent counters to cav right now and throwing weapons will also be less common (Hopefully), so for this to balance out major nerfs to cav would be neccesary.

How to balance archer for multiplayer
  1. Drop its armor a bit
  4. Extend active shield protection closer to the bottom of legs
  5. Nerf passive shield protection (Needs a massive nerf) so that shields don't have any invisible range outside of the model while not being actively held up, shields should barely give any protection if it's not being held up.
  6. Potentially remove shields and 2h from some archer classes
Archer is one of the few consistent counters to cav right now and throwing weapons will also be less common (Hopefully), so for this to balance out major nerfs to cav would be neccesary.
I agree with all of this except making archers slower and In terms of making leg protection by shield better I'd agree with as long as there's no invisible force field, I hate them. Do you mind if I add the rest to the thread?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom