Archers in Bannerlord Versus Archers in Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Thistle

Veteran
I made a video to show of how OP archers are in warband single player, when 200 archers can defeat 200 inf you know somethings wrong.

Battanian noble line is all about powerful infantry/archer hybrid, so that's a bad comparison on top of pitting regular units versus noble recruitment line.

I don't think they have a non-noble archer...

Right, the point is that you're putting a noble troop tree up against a non-noble troop tree. Noble troop trees get bonses to their stats so it's comparing apples to oranges.

EDIT: I just ran some tests in the custom battle creator. Vlandian infantry completely wiped the floor with all of the non-noble archers. Here were how many kills the various factions were able to get against the Vlandian infantry just doing a straight charge at them.

Khuzaits - 129
Sturgia - 63
Aseri - 25
Imperial - 27

Last edited:
If you prefer infantry then use better infantry. Battanian Heroes have better melee stats than infantry units that you were using.

Last edited:
Right, the point is that you're putting a noble troop tree up against a non-noble troop tree. Noble troop trees get bonses to their stats so it's comparing apples to oranges.

EDIT: I just ran some tests in the custom battle creator. Vlandian infantry completely wiped the floor with all of the non-noble archers. Here were how many kills the various factions were able to get against the Vlandian infantry just doing a straight charge at them.

Khuzaits - 129
Sturgia - 63
Aseri - 25
Imperial - 27

This is meaningless, try attacking them using a shield wall

Vaegir Archer vs Nord Huskarl is not same as Battanian Hero vs Imperial Infantrymen.
Battanian Heroes are deadly even in melee fight. And you did a pretty decent choice when taking soldiers to back hill after the first attack. AI is not that clever while attacking or flanking. Also you lost more than half of your army. Which looks pretty normal to me, to be honest.

I see your point, but 200 inf should never defeat 200 archers
Like they said, Battanian Heroes are an outlier. They are archer AND infantry, capable of murdering at range, and then hacking the survivors into pieces with their two handed swords. They get to be so powerful because they're nobles.

Try the test with any other archer, and you'll see less of that. They're a bit strong, granted, but the results would be closer.

Okay people, the point is they are OP

Archers aren't OP. All the other archer units get wrecked by infantry. If you're suggesting that this one type of archer unit is OP, I'd encourage you to test them out against an infantry troop that is also noble so you would't be comparing apples to oranges.

Back
Top Bottom