Archers in 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

KSHMR

Sergeant at Arms
Archers are useless.

Let me reformulate this into constructive feedback:

The aiming feels slow, weird, and inconsistent.

Hope this will be readjusted :grin:

Sorry to disagree but archers are where they should be. ^^ We are in a medieval game fighting with Bows not with Guns in call of duty. Archery in 1.4. is like a SG550 but not realistic. When you load your bow you need a few seconds to aim, now its finally how it should be. You can still hit your target after that initial seconds. Archery where way to overpowered in 1.4. Now they are on the way to be balanced. Imo, they need a reload nerf and less overall health as well, but I take what I can get.

Sorry to disagree but archers are where they should be. ^^ We are in a medieval game fighting with Bows not with Guns in call of duty. Archery in 1.4. is like a SG550 but not realistic. When you load your bow you need a few seconds to aim, now its finally how it should be. You can still hit your target after that initial seconds. Archery where way to overpowered in 1.4. Now they are on the way to be balanced. Imo, they need a reload nerf and less overall health as well, but I take what I can get.

You can accomplish the exact thing you want and still have it be fun. The exact same nerf, just slightly less extreme.

It’s pretty clear you dislike archers and have obviously not put much time into the class.

You can accomplish the exact thing you want and still have it be fun. The exact same nerf, just slightly less extreme.

It’s pretty clear you dislike archers and have obviously not put much time into the class.

sorry, but that is wrong ^^. I play all three classes equally and that means quite a lot of archery. Well I have nothing to proof my word, so you either have to take it from me or ask my clanmates.

Sorry to disagree but archers are where they should be. ^^ We are in a medieval game fighting with Bows not with Guns in call of duty.
Enough of these arguments pls =) Or would u like to talk about heavy infantries who should be tired and slow after running from A point to B and back? Infantries are not professional footballers from FIFA!

Oh, and cavalry, man...these immortal horses like in Skyrim. I can shot them right between the eyes and it is still alive! Just like tanks in Battlefield

Enough of these arguments pls =) Or would u like to talk about heavy infantries who should be tired and slow after running from A point to B and back? Infantries are not professional footballers from FIFA!

Oh, and cavalry, man...these immortal horses like in Skyrim. I can shot them right between the eyes and it is still alive! Just like tanks in Battlefield

First of all Footballers are not primary trained in endurance and constitution. Instead they train in fast sprinting. Infantery in the antics and in the medievals however where heavely training in both endurance and constitution. Roman Legionaries already had to carry a huge amount of kilograms the entire day and they run way longer distances with way more weight then infantery in skirmish. So heavy Infantery in Bannerlord not beeing exhausted is realistic.

First of all Footballers are not primary trained in endurance and constitution. Instead they train in fast sprinting. Infantery in the antics and in the medievals however where heavely training in both endurance and constitution. Roman Legionaries already had to carry a huge amount of kilograms the entire day and they run way longer distances with way more weight then infantery in skirmish. So heavy Infantery in Bannerlord not beeing exhausted is realistic.

I guess you are refering to 0:30? Okay, you actually can do this in Bannerlord. As you see, that guy is walking in a distance of like 2 meter to the target. When you do this in Bannerlord, you will also very likely hit the target, since you are directly in front of it. Now try it while your heart is beating from the fight, a cavalery in closing in on you with bloodlust in his eyes, your brother gets overhelmed on the right side and the enemy is not a training dummy 2 meters from you. Maybe he wouldnt hit his target while running as well.

I guess you are refering to 0:30? Okay, you actually can do this in Bannerlord. As you see, that guy is walking in a distance of like 2 meter to the target. When you do this in Bannerlord, you will also very likely hit the target, since you are directly in front of it. Now try it while your heart is beating from the fight, a cavalery in closing in on you with bloodlust in his eyes, your brother gets overhelmed on the right side and the enemy is not a training dummy 2 meters from you. Maybe he wouldnt hit his target while running as well.
Im referring to the whole video.

(Just for help. The point is - dont try to make the game realistic, try to make it interesting and balance)

There was a reason why even in 1.4 comp matches people played 1 archer, in 1.5 archer is almost useless. Why go archer when you can do more as cav or inf

How is it not fun? It takes 2 seconds until your aim is steady and on point?? And archers are not useless, just ask Kratz, he is giving me headshots everytime we play skirmish.

There was a reason why even in 1.4 comp matches people played 1 archer, in 1.5 archer is almost useless. Why go archer when you can do more as cav or inf
I don't think archer will be used less in high skill games, especially with the thorwing weapon nerf archer is uncontested at ranged combat now.

I don't think archer will be used less in high skill games, especially with the thorwing weapon nerf archer is uncontested at ranged combat now.
I have to play more skirmish in 1.5 but from what i've played i can say that archers are shut down easily now since they are slower and take 2 seconds to shoot. It doesnt really matter if they are uncontested in range if they can be shut down after shooting 10 arrows max

Last edited:
Archer is def not useless and you will likely have to run at minimal 1 in 1.5, But the issue it it feels horrible playing it now the 2 second delay is just weird. You can still frag and dumpster people but its so much slower and worse but obviously every class has that ability to do that. The issue is 2 seconds is just to long and limits the skill of the class as a whole. And for the guy talking about realism, In history archers could shoot 10 times at 300 yards before the inf could reach them, And majority of people in medieval history died to being trampled. Basing **** on realism is dumb, Make it fun and balanced. Cause atm Archer isn't fun and in a way worse spot now.

I agree, the aim delay feels really awkward. I started to main archer, in Siege and TDM mostly, for inf and cav were not enjoyable after a while to me. Now I don't know what will happen after 1.5, perhaps back to inf as archer didn't look as fun.

Yes, archery is currently unfun to play and it doesn't even fix the problem of archery. You nerfed trickshots and fast shots but what should have been nerfed was the base shots. It's still easy to foot shot or to shoot in general, it's just not fun to play archer anymore. By nerfing trickshots and fast shots you basically removed competitiveness to the class and skill ceiling. You tried to make archery a "skilled" class by adding a shooting delay, but it doesn't make it a skilled class, it just makes it a boring class. Now archery is only about point & click.
Once again, one step forward (removal of block delay), two steps backward (crush through and archery).
There were so many better ways to fix archery, but it seems this choice was the less time-consuming choice...
I think Taleworlds has to understand that cheap and quick tweaks won't make the class more balanced, it'll just make it less fun.
Honestly: Reducing base arrows to 20 and extra arrows to 30 would have had a better impact on this class.
I believe that you need to rework aiming from scratch, to make it an actually skilled class.

The same goes for cavalry btw. As long as you can have infinite couch this class will require no skill. The only thing that cav have to watch out for now is other cavs and people with spears. But given, how fast horses and cav speed attacks are, you can easily outrange or outspeed the slowed infantries. I don't think it's that hard to have a cooldown and timer for couches?

Back
Top Bottom