Archer unit rolling in a ball ? why ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Why? Why ? why ? Does he archer group roll in ball half way through a battle ???

They start in a battle line - for example , 20 Files X 2 Ranks but half way through a battle , THEY decide, without any commands from me, to change into , for example, 10 Files X 4 Ranks ... ???? VERY annoying. I have to try and spread them out again

This didn't happen a few releases back , this is new .. ish..

It would be a LOT EASIER if WE could set the formation before the battle - for example, 20 Files X 2 Ranks. Then use Verbal commands to change it - "DOUBLE RANKS .." or " HALVE RANKS .." etc

Yeah it's really bad and inconsistent. Wastes too much time trying to straiten them out. Even if you face directions they still squirm around .It's even worse is many siege maps, but not ALL sieges. Some sieges everyone behaves and fallows orders, some they just won't un-blob and shoot thier weapons!

I wish we had the spread out command from warband. Not just the formation.
What i do as a workaround to this problem is the split archer groups. It requires more management, but chances are, in a big battle, you might be spending more time managing then fighting anyways. There is a time slow when issuing commands that is coming up, that might be a big help with troop management in the heat of battle :grin:

Yes it’s very annoying.

One workaround I have found some success with is to change formation to line, when they bunch up, and immediatly change back to loose (even if they haven’t finished reorganising to line formation) and they usually spread out in fewer ranks again.

The archers seem ?? to turtle when threatened by cavalry ...??? I hope I'm wrong because my Archer group is FULL of spearmen, just waiting for cavalry to attack .. .. a trap ..

Back
Top Bottom