Arch3rs Snowy Village remake.

Snowy Village versus the remake.

• I like both.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Snowy Village sucked, I might like this one.

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • The remake sucks, the original Snowy Village is good. [Post criticism on the thread please]

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Both suck.

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Shemaforash said:
Arch3r said:
winning of an round being a matter of luck.
It's never a matter of luck, if you're relying on the flag randomly spawning with you then your tactics are just bad

Hmm. If a clan camps only one position, AND they manage to get the only flag they camped by (for an example, in Field by the River), the other side has to get to the flag quite fast because of the long distance, giving them a clear disadvantage. It's not impossible to win in that situation, but it sure is bad luck that made it hard.

John7 said:
At a glance from screenies it looks like a very small map

But I cant say for sure
It's smaller ye, Snowy Village was boring because of the long walks, but I am strongly considering of moving spawn 2 (near the frozen lake, not barn) behind the mountain again. At the moment the mountain is just there for no reason other than aesthetics, but it kinda was a huge part of Snowy Village before. That way the map will be larger again, one flag can spawn on the slope (not top of the mountain I think) and map control will be more important.

sotamursu123 said:
Shemaforash said:
Arch3r said:
winning of an round being a matter of luck.
It's never a matter of luck, if you're relying on the flag randomly spawning with you then your tactics are just bad

Hmm. If a clan camps only one position, AND they manage to get the only flag they camped by (for an example, in Field by the River), the other side has to get to the flag quite fast because of the long distance, giving them a clear disadvantage. It's not impossible to win in that situation, but it sure is bad luck that made it hard.
Exactly, if the enemy is camping the boat on Port Assault and all 4 rounds the flag spawns there it could very well be the enemy wins just because of luck.

Remaking Ruined Fort could be good, just flattening it a bit would already go a long way in improving it I think. Maybe if its re-made in a good way it can be considered as an ENL map again. Rest of the maps is really quite alright for me tho.

Arch3r but what You would do with Ruined Fort ? It's too big, and not very balanced.
Are You working now on it ? I'll be glad for re-make it.

I'd, like to see Ruined Fort remade and I guess you coul play around with snowy village (though those flags are way too close, map control should be an important element to consider) though I have no problem with it.

Village and Port Assault are fine however. They're enoyable maps on which you can develop some prett effective attacking tactics.

Updated the maps spawn points, made it more like the original Snowy Village: larger area takes part in the game, the mountain will play a good role again. Removed some cover from team 1 (barn team) when they want to get on the mountain. They can still climb the mountain without being shot by team 2, but if they want to retreat from there, they will have to go through the open field, just like on the original Snowy Village.

75Ohq.jpg

MaHuD said:
Could try to put the spawns on village back to how they were originally?
One team at barn, other team at porticulis gate
Wow, that brings back memories.

Morii said:
Remaking Ruined Fort could be good, just flattening it a bit would already go a long way in improving it I think. Maybe if its re-made in a good way it can be considered as an ENL map again. Rest of the maps is really quite alright for me tho.

+1

Hardly know anyone who likes RF in Battle mode...

Back
Top Bottom