OSP Kit MP Arch3r OS: Invasion mode - New expanded code being developed

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know if this is related, but when Arch3r said 'do this 6 times' for the presentations instructions, I did it seven times.

*edit* i just removed the 7th one, but I couldn't reproduce Kazzan's problem, never mind :smile:

Ah ye, since they added new presentations (original codes were for 1.120 or so) it has to be done a few more times, just look for all the multiplayer_game_type_battle and stuff like that.

Arch3r,

Is the code designed so that you need to have the 7 invader factions? I tried a version where I just had 1 set of invaders/bosses/minions etc. for 1 faction. It was working fine but on the 6th round it sent in Khergits! :smile:, and then again on the 10th round.

I noticed these lines:
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders4"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_invader_multiplayer_ai"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders5"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_invader_multiplayer_ai"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders6"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_invader_multiplayer_ai"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders7"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_invader_multiplayer_ai"),

they seem to suggest that if you haven't done troops for 7 invader factions, you need to just assign 1 invader type to that faction?

No, it's not needed. It's designed in a way that you can have unlimited amounts of invader factions, but 1 works just as well.

Just set for all the invader factions you want (1, 2, 3, doesn't matter how many):
(faction_set_slot,"fac_*faction name*"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_*first wave invader bot*"),
(faction_set_slot,"fac_*faction name*"  ,slot_faction_invader_2,"trp_*5th wave invader bot*"),  #New bots are introduced in the wave after the boss wave at wave no. 4
etc.etc.

Most likely you need to add some more challenge waves, as 6 and 10 are challengers, for example:

(faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_1,"trp_invader_challenge1"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_2,"trp_invader_challenge2"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_3,"trp_invader_challenge3"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_4,"trp_invader_challenge4"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_5,"trp_invader_challenge5"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_6,"trp_invader_challenge6"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_7,"trp_invader_challenge7"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_8,"trp_invader_challenge8"),
      (faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_challenge_9,"trp_invader_challenge9"),

What I did was take the 'zombie' faction and then assigned my own bots to each slot. So I've got the same number of bots for each type as the zombie faction.

That's what confused me about it. I'll try just adding more challenge bots.

Does it matter if I use the same bot as challenge_1, challenge_2, challenge_3 etc? Or should I make copies of that bot and give them unique sames, so that I've technically got a unique bot for each slot?

Arch3r thanks for the code

I tried for hours to get the code running but it doesn`t work. I get the same error as Laszlo.  (Illegal Identifier::fac_invader2,Unable to find Object:trp_invader2_boss4)
But I don`t know how to fix it.

PLS help me
Bulway

You have to add those, for example fac_invader_2, add another invader faction with the id invader_fac2 I guess- as for the troops and such, go to mission_templates, search for invader or something untill you find a list with troops that are used for one invader faction.

First: Thanks for the fast answer! But my problems are still there !

Where must I add fac_invader_2 ?
When I go to mission_templates.py I find that list:
(faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders1"  ,slot_faction_invader_1,"trp_invader1_farmer1")
and so on till
(faction_set_slot,"fac_invaders3"  ,slot_faction_challenge_9,"trp_invader2_challenge9"),

Must I add the faction in module_factions.py or in module_troops.py or anywhere else ? And HOW do I add them ?

I`m sorry if my questions are dumb  :oops:

Again I want to thank you for your help !

You can use the Find in Files function to see where fac_invader_2 is in the module system and than delete it. Same for fac_invader_3, fac_invader_4 etc. You could as well make those factions in module_factions though. These codes are mainly for the more experienced modders that know what those errors mean, it's probably a hell to implement it if you haven't been modding much before.

Thanks a lot  Arch3r  :lol:
Now these Errors are fixed thank you !!  There is only one Error that he couldn`t find the scn_fuin_...
But now I have an other problem:

When I host a game with the settings:
Mode: Invasion
Faction: Nord and Invaders
Bots Team 2: 1

Following happens:
There is one Bot at the map wich is not moving! I must find him, offer him a duel and then i can kill him !!??

Try changing to Duel and see if it's Invasion, cause I think it might've gone wrong where you set what number the game mode is, it should be 8 I think.

Back
Top Bottom