OSP Kit MP Arch3r OS: Invasion mode - New expanded code being developed

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah thanks, I missed a '[' in this code:

["invader_boss1","Achtung, Panzer!","Achtung, Panzer!",0,0,0,fac_kingdom_invaders,
  [itm_heraldic_mail_with_surcoat,  itm_bascinet_3, itm_black_greaves, itm_tab_shield_small_round_c, itm_military_cleaver_c],
  def_attrib|str_200|level(90),wp(100),knows_common|knows_ironflesh_10,bandit_face1, bandit_face2],

Indeed, you also missed to remove itm_reveran_voulge from the shocker.

Also:
Arch3r said:
Do the following two times:
code/Search for:
      (this_or_next|eq, "$g_multiplayer_game_type", multiplayer_game_type_battle),
/code
The search for should not be in the code.

Now i get the error of:
WARNING: Script can fail at operation #76. Use cf_ at the beginning of it's name: 
multiplayer_fill_map_game_types

Yet i haven't done anything to scripts that involved new game types. Probably something simple again as last time.

Major update of the code might come soon-ish. Using a try_for_range system rather than else_try for each wave and a max_wave variable makes it so 50 unique supports can be easily supported and modding the code is very easy. And that for only a tenth of the original code.

Updated the mission code, located in a .txt file, check the 2nd post.
It is quite 'dirty' though as it contains troops that aren't created in this unofficial tutorial, I will clean it up later, but since I'm going on holiday soon I wanted to release it before than.

It works with 1.131, duh, the module system code doesn't change all that much with each version, so old code works with new versions. Often...

Hello!
First of all, i love your script, i spent a few hours for make ir work, but now is runing smoth. (this is me first time playing with the module system)
Second thing, sorry for me english, i m from Argentina and i speake/write a very bad english  :oops:

And i was wondering, can i make a little pause between waves of invaders? how i can do this? what can i change of the code to give to the players 20 o 30 seconds to rest between waves?

Thanks!

Ah timers always require quite a lot lines on various places, the key thing is to use (store_mission_timer_a, "$g_invasion_timer_endwave"), after the bot-spawn trigger checks if there are 0 bots alive (look into the bot spawning codes in module_mission_templates). Than add to the bot spawn condition the following codes:
Code:
(store_mission_timer_a, "$g_invasion_timer_currenttime"),
(store_sub, ":time_difference",  "$g_invasion_timer_currenttime", "$g_invasion_timer_endwave"),
(ge, ":time_difference", 30), ##30 is the break between waves in seconds
I hope you can figure it out.

Arch3r,

I must commend you on your skill and generosity; thank you for going OS!
I had a go at it and it all compiles smoothly except for mission templates when I get this:

I don't quite understand that section of the mission templates so I'm a little baffled as to how to fix this error, do you have any suggestions?
When I test a map, the invaders spawn in the first round, but then all that spawn are trp_player,  trp_multiplayer_profile_troop_male, trp_multiplayer_profile_troop_female, and they respawn instantly with no regard to the round timer.

It assigns troops to factions as invaders on that section, and those troops simply don't exist. Replace the factions with your own (f.e. fac_invaders2, called "invaders2" in module_factions) and same for the troops (f.e. trp_invader2_boss6, called "invader2_boss6").
Should fix it.

Or of course make those same factions and troops.

The server admin panel is screwed so you can't create a game, with the current code.

Here's a screenshot, no map choosing, the whole upper part seems to have dissapeared, and the screen freezes.
106774788-3.jpg

Arch3r, I guess I'm still getting my head around this code... Got another question.. :smile:

Does the next wave kick in immediately after all bots are killed from the previous wave? So the method of determining how long it takes for the next wave to arrive is to say, place the entry points further away, or closer, or such that the bots need to climb a steep hill (so as to slow them down) etc.

Back
Top Bottom