OSP Kit MP Arch3r OS: Invasion mode - New expanded code being developed

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question: I tested the invasion mode alone (hosting a local server), and it worked. But then, i gave the mod to my friends, and we tested, but we found some issues:

-The wave count didn't work
-There where the same amount of invaders as when i was playing alone (difficulty system didn't work?)

i used the dedicated server files, and made a new one, that looks like this:

set_pass_admin #######
set_server_name UW_invasion

set_welcome_message Ultimate Warrior Invasion

set_mission multiplayer_iv
set_max_players 64 64
set_num_bots_voteable 40
set_combat_speed 4
set_factions_voteable 1
set_force_default_armor 0
set_friendly_fire 1
set_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 50
set_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 0
set_melee_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 50
set_melee_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 0
set_kick_voteable 0
set_melee_friendly_fire 1
set_round_gold_bonus 0
set_starting_gold 100
set_kick_voteable 1
set_combat_gold_bonus 100
set_control_block_direction 1

set_map tbfc_invasion_1
add_map tbfc_invasion_2
add_map tbfc_invasion_3
add_map tbfc_invasion_4
add_map tbfc_invasion_5
add_map tbfc_invasion_6
add_map tbfc_invasion_7
add_map tbfc_invasion_8
add_map tbfc_invasion_9

add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_invaders
add_factions fac_kingdom_2 fac_kingdom_invaders
add_factions fac_kingdom_3 fac_kingdom_invaders
add_factions fac_kingdom_4 fac_kingdom_invaders
add_factions fac_kingdom_5 fac_kingdom_invaders
add_factions fac_kingdom_6 fac_kingdom_invaders

set_randomize_factions 0
set_team_point_limit 1000
set_bot_count 2 3
set_auto_team_balance_limit 7
set_upload_limit 100000000
set_port 7103
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
set_map_time_limit 120


also, in module_mission_templates, i edited this lines:

##Start Wave system#
        (assign, ":num_waves", 16), #Added 1 wave
        (val_add, ":num_waves",1),
        (assign, ":invader_slot",  slot_faction_invader_2),
        (try_for_range, ":num_wave", 1, ":num_waves"), 
          (neq, "$last_wave", ":num_wave"), 
          (eq, "$wave_number", ":num_wave"), 

          (store_current_scene, ":cur_scene"), 
          (modify_visitors_at_site, ":cur_scene"),

          (assign, ":bot_default", 10), #remplaced the 8 for 10 default bots

and this is how my difficulty script looks like (I just copy/pasted from the code Arch3r gave)

##Difficulty! Increases with players.
         (get_max_players, ":num_players"),
         (assign, ":player_count", 0),
         (try_for_range, ":player_no", 0, ":num_players"),
           (player_is_active, ":player_no"),
           (val_add, ":player_count", 1),
         (store_div, ":difficulty", ":player_count", 4),
         (val_max, ":difficulty", 1),
Haven't fully decided on the features yet, but I will go back to the original wave ratio:
- Normal wave
- Normal wave
- Boss wave
- [repeat]

Rather than:
- Normal wave
- Special wave
- Normal wave
- Boss wave

Rather than the old system of predefined waves, I intend to randomise them. The invader faction is also to be generated.
HyperCharge said:
Scene links are broken. Maybe i can help with presentations as far as my experience is enough.

Also can't find the script "initialize_targets_in_destroy_mod_clients".
I'm not going to bother with fixing the old codes, I'm just making sure that the new code will be convenient, clean and with room for customization.

Some help with the presentations would be very welcome though, I absolutely hate presentations.
Top Bottom