OSP Kit MP Arch3r OS: Invasion mode - New expanded code being developed

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch3r said:
I have no idea myself yet, whenever I get time to finish it.

Is it mostly code fixes? I have some time I may be able to lend a hand with anything that's not python related...

hey Arch3r
wondering if you could help me, i managed to integrate this into the mossys 1.134
but when i start it (may have been something i did as i had to change some of the code, not dramatically though). it gives me this, any ideas
mb63u.jpg

James

Well, it says: Invalid mission_template ID: -1. Which means a reference to the mission template is wrong somewhere, you forgot to assign a variable.

Arch3r said:
Well, it says: Invalid mission_template ID: -1. Which means a reference to the mission template is wrong somewhere, you forgot to assign a variable.
well i checked it all and all the code is correct but ive always had the complie error
Unable to find object:mt_multiplayer_iv
Illegal Identifier:mt_multiplayer_iv
Unable to find object:mt_multiplayer_iv
Illegal Identifier:mt_multiplayer_iv
so i assume is in mission templates aswell, but all that code is correct :S any ideas (if its something to do with the rar in your 2nd post i got the 2nd link (text file) but the first wasnt found

Apparently it cannot find the codes (that are in the .txt you mentioned in the 2nd link) in module_mission_templates.py, you should recheck if the multiplayer_iv gamemode is there.

Arch3r said:
Apparently it cannot find the codes (that are in the .txt you mentioned in the 2nd link) in module_mission_templates.py, you should recheck if the multiplayer_iv gamemode is there.
:O think i may have oops'd, the text file you linked to i just saved to the module directory, read your 2nd post wrong...ive put all that in the correct place now its poping up with
Unable to find object:fac_invaders2
Illegal Identifier:fac_invaders2
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_zombie11
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_zombie11
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_zombie12
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_zombie12
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_zombie13
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_zombie13
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_boss1
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_boss1
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_boss2
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_boss2
Unable to find object:trp_invader2_boss3
Illegal Identifier:trp_invader2_boss3
that goes on for a while so it looks like ive done something to the troops and factions? yeh?

edit:found there was a buch of code i missed put it in and its still missing a tonne of troops :S
at least the invasion mode gametype starts now, there just nothing that spawns lol

Arch3r said:
You just have to make all the troops that it cannot find than.
theres nothing i can copy from? or an easy way to get rid of them as i wanted to use invasion on one of my factions in my sig mod XD

Well, you can CTRL+F find them in mission_templates and comment them out (place ## in front of em) or just copy a troop without equipment/skills (better way) and give them the ID's that are missing when you build the mod.

Arch3r said:
Well, you can CTRL+F find them in mission_templates and comment them out (place ## in front of em) or just copy a troop without equipment/skills (better way) and give them the ID's that are missing when you build the mod.
hmm alright ill give it a go, cheers

The link to invasion.rar doesn't work. D:

Can I just copy the map files from the Invasion Module directory?

What I'm trying to do is create a new faction and a couple of new troops to use in the Full Invasion mod. This would be a lot easier if I had the python files, but I'm assuming those aren't open source, are they? What do people recommend?

Is it really that hopeless a situation, or has my post escaped notice? Sorry for the double post, but I'm anxious for help.

Cool, you'll get them to my desktop by tomorrow morning, yeah?

And by desktop I mean the hood of my car.

... What?

Thank you Arch3r this helped me and Rend out so SO much when adding a new game mode to the game, so hard to find good info on multiplayer moding and it was easy enough to modify your instructions to add a totally different mode.

Hey Arch3r I was wondering if you had a link to download the module files. Because i was hoping you had all the script already in one rar. Because i really dont want to manually copy all the code and manually put it in.

Back
Top Bottom