OSP Kit MP Arch3r OS: Invasion mode - New expanded code being developed

Users who are viewing this thread

lol you are right Kazzan
Duel is Invasion and Invasion is Duel  :lol:

Arch3r, Kazzan thanks for your help my problems are fixed cause of you !
Bulway

Edit: Error Found! Invasion is now Invasion and Duel is Duel  :idea:

So do all control + F searches need to be increased by one because of the new game mode and new code?

How many factions need to be made for each troop?

All ctrl + F searches? No, but some need to, the ones defining how many game modes there are do.
That second setence, I have no idea what you're saying.

Toasticuss said:
So do all control + F searches need to be increased by one because of the new game mode and new code?

How many factions need to be made for each troop?
You mean how many troops for each faction? Depends on how many waves you want. You assign troops to faction slots, which will be used in the code that spawns the bots.

OK, now i seem to have a problem: on a dedicated server, after the third challenge Wave, the round always ends, and a next map is started...

edit_ ok, i think we got it :wink:
It was the maximum number of rounds... we forgot to put them higher, os it was ten...

I got everything to worl now, works very good and is very funny. But only one question: Did you make your barricade-hammer code open source to? I could need it for some things... Or did you follow a tutorial i didn't find?

The barricade is a very easy piece of code.

Code:
 ["barricade_hammer1", "Construction Hammer", [("iron_hammer_new",0)], itp_type_thrown |itp_merchandise|itp_primary,itcf_throw_stone,
360, weight(5)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(70) | shoot_speed(0) | thrust_damage(1,blunt)|max_ammo(1)|weapon_length(5),imodbits_none,
 [(ti_on_missile_hit, [(store_trigger_param_1, ":user_agent"),(call_script, "script_cf_construct_barricade", ":user_agent")])]],

It simply checks which agent used the hammer and sends that to a script, which than checks the position of that agent and placed a barrier in front of the position.

Code:
  # script_cf_construct_barricade
  # Input: arg1 = agent_no
  # Output: none
  ("cf_construct_barricade",
    [(store_script_param_1, ":user_agent"),  

(agent_get_position, pos1, ":user_agent"),
     (position_move_y, pos1,60),
     (set_spawn_position, pos1),

(try_begin),
     (multiplayer_is_server),
     (spawn_scene_prop, "spr_invasion_barricade"),
     (try_end),
  ]),

I'm having an error:

Python doesn't find script_initialize_targets_in_destroy_mod_clients.

Anyways I'm gonna try. Let's see if this thing works without targets in the destroy_mod_clients :mrgreen:.

EDIT: OMG, it's working! Yay!

Thanks Arch3r  :wink:

I get the same error. But well, it does not change anything as far as i see :wink:
Sample video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiWTzMLJP_s

Patta said:
I get the same error. But well, it does not change anything as far as i see :wink:

Whoa, the ghost effect is very nice, Patta.

And the map looks cool too.

Sir Lacy said:
I'm having an error:

Python doesn't find script_initialize_targets_in_destroy_mod_clients.

Anyways I'm gonna try. Let's see if this thing works without targets in the destroy_mod_clients :mrgreen:.

EDIT: OMG, it's working! Yay!

Thanks Arch3r  :wink:
That was something from the 1.130 module system, I think. It's harmless :razz:

Sir Lacy said:
Patta said:

Whoa, the ghost effect is very nice, Patta.

And the map looks cool too.
Ye, looks great and atmospheric

Is there any way to make this for a custom battle?

I have my Warriors of the Gods mod, and I could definitely use this (and a thermopalye map) for my mod. The Spartans need lots of other armies to annihalate....  :twisted:

Can't remember, did Ar3cher ever release the the source code in a module system form for the Invasion game mode instead of this copy paste, break stuff way? I remember always having problems incorporating the code on the front page with the original module code....

Back
Top Bottom